What's new

English Football 2008/2009 Season

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
So today was the release of the League fixtures for the Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League 2, so we may as well begin to look forward to the entire season and discuss various major activities and what-not in the future...

Also say who you want to win, get relegated, where your lot will end up, etc...

Fixtures List by club:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7453880.stm

Smithy

Strata Poster
West Brom at Home first game. Brilliant.

Scunny Leeds will be a tasty game within the family :) May get tickets for that.

Ketchup

Mega Poster
Plymouth have Wolves at home, might go up to see that game.
Either that or the Swansea match later in the month. Don't think we will hit the playoffs this year, but will probably finish around 10th.

David

Mega Poster
Both the ****ing matches against Charlton are in midweek. Bit silly in my opinion.

It should be an season and I reckon we have a fairly good chance of making the playoffs.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Leicester away for first game, then Norwich in the Carling Cup. Gunna miss the Northampton home game and 2 or possibly 3 other games as I will be on holiday.

Dave

CF Legend
Mother ****ing Chelsea. ****s at Sky Sports got a ****ing amazing way of putting these fixtures together.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Yeah, I can't believe they've managed to fix it so that we have to play;
Arsenal
West Brom
Aston Villa
Man City
Bolton
Stoke
Chelsea
Portsmouth
Everton
Blackburn
Hull
Fulham
Man Utd
Newcastle
Tottenham
Sunderland
Liverpool
West Ham
Wigan

both home and away!

Sky Sports has nothing to with it... why do you think theres no "Grand Slam Sunday" fixture this year? Besides, Chelsea V Portsmouth is hardly a spectacle I'd cream myself over.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yeah was surprised to see no Grand Slam Sunday. There has been some for the past 2 seasons. Although it wasn't really fair on the other teams, making out that nobody else would ever finish in the top 4.

I suppose with Champs League and Uefa matches still to be decided the fixtures will probably change again for the teams involved.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Pierre said:
Besides, Chelsea V Portsmouth is hardly a spectacle I'd cream myself over.
Yeah, after all I'm positively wetting myself over Middlesbro v Spurs :wink:.

COME ON THE SWANS!! Got my season ticket last week :). Might do Charlton away on the opening weekend, and of course Soton and Palace are a must :p.

EDIT: ****! Palace away is the BPB Live :?.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Exactly, so I can't blame Sky Sports for that fixture. There is no "blame" in fixtures, you play everyone anyway so who cares.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I do agree it's strange the lack of the old SS creaming themselves over the 'Big 4', but they got it close with the Manc derby occuring on the same weekends as Arseholes and Chelski...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
MK Dons have got Leicester way! Course im gonna go...hehe...but can only get half season this season (ill get it for xmas) coz mums being tight and budgeting :(

C'MON DONS!!!!!!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Can I just make a clear point to everyone.

These are draft fixtures. Sky has either 72 or 92 live games that they will now pick. They will then move the games to dates which they want to show. There will be two grand slam Sundays, it's just that the date is at Sky's discretion.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Smithy said:
Can I just make a clear point to everyone.

These are draft fixtures. Sky has either 72 or 92 live games that they will now pick. They will then move the games to dates which they want to show. There will be two grand slam Sundays, it's just that the date is at Sky's discretion.

They have 92 live games.

They cannot move fixtures willy nilly... they can change it from Saturday to Sunday/Monday, sometimes midweek whatever, but cannot decide to completely switch say a fixture in October with a fixture in December.

The only reason there was a few major fixture changes last year was because Man Citys last couple of games were at home but they needed time to prepare the stadium for the UEFA cup final. So their fixtures had to be changed, which also meant Man Utd's did due to policing, and also anyone who was due to play Man Utd/City at the end of the season had to alter a few.