• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I used to

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Sam said:
Surely none of you non smokers can say you aren't interested to at least try a cigarette to see what it's like?

Most are, but because my parents have done it all my life, it put me off for life, I would never want to try one, as I get second-hand smoke at home, I find it really disgusting.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
But you will never get to experience the joy of pulling of the gold foil wrapping, smelling fresh tobacco, taking out a cigarette lighting it and feel the smooth, silky smoke fill you, before blowing it out in a stream only to repeat the process.

CRAP!!!! WILL NOT THINK ABOUT CIGARETTES!!!! :cry:

Sam

Giga Poster
kitsune said:
All the smokers i know are always out in there asbo sheeds every hour rather than actually being "productive"..

You must actually know **** all people.

Though that doesn't surprise me.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Nope.

Tried it, don't like it.

Besides, I like my money. My lungs. My fitness. And the fact that having a weak heart would make me stupid to smoke.

marc

CF Legend
If they let us smoke at our desk we would not be in the shed and would get more work done :)

I start work early and work through my lunch break anyway so by the time I have taken my cigg breaks I have done the same amount of work as everyone else claims to have done.

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I've tried cigarettes numerous times and I seriously can't stand to smoke them, or to be around second hand smoke. It smells nasty, and it makes my hair and clothes stink.

So it's a no for me, and I don't intend to ever start. I value my life way too much, and I don't exactly want to smell bad either.
If you can't stand it, why try it numerous times?

Rush

Giga Poster
No. I don't think I'll ever try it either, it makes me feel physically sick when someone smokes near me.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
I tried one once when I was in Year 7 at School, A lot of my friends had started smoking at the time, I tried one and I didn't like it. So I didn't do it again.

thx

Mega Poster
I don't really smoke. Few months ago I tasted, it was al right, I can see why some people like it, and a few hours after I got a craving, but luckily didn't fall for it. But then I've also had some puff's on two tasty real cigarettes, which was quite pleasant and it would be nice to have a really flavourful one sometime, but still I'd only smoke one, only on extra 'festive' events or times.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Yes I smoke,and the reason why I do I'll now explain.

Believe it or not,I didn't start smoking until I was 32,up till then I was always against smoking,couldn't stand the smell etc etc.

Then in 2002 I lost my job and became unemployed,after about 6 months and no job prospects I started to feel down and stressed about it.

Then one day a friend jokingly said "Why don't you try smoking,it always keeps me calm when I'm stressed out".

So like a fool I did,found it help (a bit),and carried on.

Luckily enough I got a job soon after,but by then the addiction had kicked in.

I have tried to stop smoking,but as soon as a stressful event comes along,the first thing I do is reach for a cigarette.

So to hell with it,I'll carry on. :wink:

Mat

Hyper Poster
I am currently trying to stop, haven't had a fag in a week, purely because I had been ill and just felt like **** and really didn't feel like one, so managed to do it unsupported. I started feeling much better on Thursday, stuck it out but Firday I had to get some Gum, so I did and currently on it now (which tastest like ****!). I want to give up, but I dont and at the moment the want to give up is winning. However I am going out quite a lot next week, so money and shops may mean I buy some. I am hopefully going to keep strong, but we shall see. I wont vote now, but I will vote in a weeks time!

Scarlet

Mega Poster
^ You had that one I stole and finished of Patrick's on Saturday night though didn't you :p

I could have SWORN you did?

Maybe just me :lol:

Infernus

Hyper Poster
I smoke, And tbh.. I don't care if I'm stupid or anything.. I enjoy it..

Why stop me from doing something I enjoy?

Snoo

The Legend
If you were gonna jump off a building, people aren't gonna stand around and let you do it because you 'enjoy the feeling of the freefall.'

;)

Will

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
If you were gonna jump off a building, people aren't gonna stand around and let you do it because you 'enjoy the feeling of the freefall.'

;)
Not quite the same really is it...
You might want to rethink your metaphor - and take care, it's not so long ago I was a fanatical non-smoker - now I've had two in the last 24 hours, and, whilst they're not a patch on alcohol, I can see the 'good' they're doing for my mental state.
In a dramatic break with tradition, I say live and let live. Though that may be because I'm drunk. And **** those who say otherwise.

Ollie

CF Legend
If you smoke your wasting a few years off your life.

Think how much extra sex you could have in that time. ;)