Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• I used to

• Total voters

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Like several others in the topic, never have and never will. I hate the smell of it, so it's difficult for me to be directly in the smoke when people are doing it.

SFMMMan

Mega Poster
No No No No No No No No No No No No.

Never, ever, ever. I'm perfectly healthy at the moment, and I intend to keep it that way. Like Taylor said, I value my life WAY too much.

It's disgusting, anyway.

marc

CF Legend
When I was 17 I used to hate it as well I used to say I will never smoke then went to uni and started when I was 21.

Back then though it did not have the stigma that it has now, you could smoke anywhere even in planes.

A

Anonymous

Death sticks no ****in way. I wouldnt want to waste money on more tax for fat git brown nor would i line the pokets of some dead **** wits. its a waste of time money and life. I would rather inhale car fumes than whats in fags.

marc

CF Legend
What alot of people dont think about though when they make comments about the tax and stuff is. Who do you think pays alot to the NHS yes its us the smokers, why do you think smoking is not illegal simple answer the government would loose billions each year. So if they banned it who would make up the loss of income, tax payers would your rates would increase.

Trust me I would be so much better off giving up, better health better of in money terms. I just wish it was easier to give up. I know people that gave up 10 years ago and every day they still want a cigg.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I can understand why people don't want to/can't give up - what I can't understand is what retarded train of thought must pass through your mind when you smoke for the first time.

From a non-smokers point of view, there is no benefit and tonnes of cons. So how the hell does anyone become a smoker to start with? This is why I have little respect for you smokers, because my brain just files you under "thick."

marc

CF Legend
I started when I was drunk a so called mate put a cigg in my hand and that was it. 2 weeks before I started smoking I started smoking something else and I just got addicted to it that way.

I used to be so against drugs and smoking and I let it happen if I could turn the clock back I would, I was at uni and near enough everyone was doing it.

As of late I have thought more and more about giving up and by the end of this year I have set myself a target to stop.

Times change though and to say people who smoke are thick is a bit strong. When I started no one really knew the risks etc its only in the last 10 years people do. When I was at uni near enough everyone smoked I was one of the only few who did not, but then I started as well.

I am 100% not thick I have a good job etc, I now smoke not through choice not through liking it but due to the fact I am addicted and as I said before if I could stop I would. Even my doctor told me not to stop due to things. I am not allowed any of the pills, i can not use the patches and other stuff just does not work. So when I stop I need to use 100% will power.

What I do find strange is when I was growing up people were going on about AIDs and safe sex, now days its smoking and the safe sex thing was near enough forgotten. More younger people get ill and die through this than smoking, yes they dont smoke but they are quite willing to put their lives at risk other ways.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The difference is, those other ways to put your life at risk have benefits one is aware of before they start... So that's not stupid. There is a reason. There is no reason to start smoking. So starting is stupid.

I am rather judgmental and intolerant. I'm certainly better than I was. But it really does feel like my brain involuntary files things based on a "logical" reasoning sometimes and this is one of those things I just can't get my head round.

marc

CF Legend
I do know what you mean though, looking back I was stupid to start. I lived 21 years without smoking so why I can not now I dont know. They say smoking is the hardest thing to give up.

I have tried 5 times and failed 5 times :(

There is no reason to start smoking and I bet alot of smokers do wish they did not start.

I am careful where I smoke though, I do try and stand away from non smokers when we were at Thorpe I dont know if you remember but I did try and move away. When Hayley stayed with Jason I would move to the kitchen not to smoke in front of him. At lives I also stand away from the group where possible.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
I do, bloody annyoing that they have taken the age up to 18 now, but its ok since they nevr ask for ID around here.
I enjoy smoking, no idea why but I do. And I know of all the risks of smoking and to be honest im not really bothered its my life and I can choose what I want to do, to smoke or not to smoke that is the question.
Nothing beats having a fag on a hot day in a beer garden while having some magners :) Yum

Sam

Giga Poster
^ Too right.... drinking and smoking is awesome... a must.

To be honest Joey, I'd say a large factor in trying a cigeratte for the first time is curiosity. Surely none of you non smokers can say you aren't interested to at least try a cigarette to see what it's like?

spicy

Giga Poster
I smoked when I was at school because it was 'cool'.

I never really got addicted though, I used to enjoy it down the pub with a pint and stuff but I just stopped.

I really deteste it now though. I think the smoking ban is one of the best decisions ever made. You can now go into a pub and can come out not smelling like an ash tray.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Sam said:
Surely none of you non smokers can say you aren't interested to at least try a cigarette to see what it's like?

I think that might be the case with me if it weren't for the smell in general. Standing next to a smoker is enough to make me not really care to try something that makes me feel sick.

Lofty

CF Legend
No, I really find it disgusting tbh! (only on me, it don't bother me with other people smoking)

A

Anonymous

All the smokers i know are always out in there asbo sheeds every hour rather than actualy being "productive". The pubs are alot nicer to go in now without being killed off by smoke from cigs. Its nice to sit in the footy room to watch a match now.