What's new

Cringe Worthy Non Coaster Enthusiast Comments you have heard

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Cringe Worthy Non Coaster Enthusiast Comments you have h

^ Oh, that could very well be the worst: "No I swear! My restraints came all the way up!"

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

"MY BAR ISN'T LOCKED!"

Yes that's because people are still boarding and you literally just sat down.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

"Any wooden coaster could just fly off a hill!"

Hey, there's this thing called an UPSTOP WHEEL. It's there to STOP the train from FLYING OFF.

Pierre

Strata Poster

Joey said:
"MY BAR ISN'T LOCKED!"

Yes that's because people are still boarding and you literally just sat down.

The best one with this is the fairground ride 'Extreme' at Crows. They actually slowly rotate the ride without the harness' down first to make sure all seats are full and it sets unbelievable panic in some people.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

At Blackpool Pleasure Beach, a man and his father in the queue for Grand National:

"The second drop on the hig one is taller than the first"
"When infusion opened, seven people died"

And people referring to the Big One's height. I've heard it 235ft, 237ft and 253ft.

And for the Nickelodeon Streak, a person was saying that five years ago (when the ride was SBNO for the year) that she flew out and her mother had to pull her back in by her legs.

BenvenutoC

Roller Poster

I remember hearing a whole bunch of random things in line for rides at Kings Island, Cedar Point, Fun Spot America (Orlando, Florida) and a few other places.

"Millennium Force goes upside down, twice, the first turn is a loop!" "You go upside down before hitting the last bit of brakes!"

Um, no, no sir you don't. That was just one of the many I've heard! :|

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Re: Stupid things the GP have said

Swear we had a newer version of this topic but could I find it? No, so I'm resurrecting this one.

This morning I got the millionth **** TPR video of a coaster posted on my Facebook with 'what do you think Sue?' underneath. I politely explained that there is in fact a Vekoma motorbike coaster in the UK, one does not have to travel to as far as China to the one photographed. Fine, not too stupid.

Then some random person chimes in with 'that's exactly like the Looping Star at Dreamland'. Now I've seen some stupid comments in my time but comparing something with motorbikes on it to a looping coaster takes the biscuit. But to go onto the wall of someone you don't know and post that like you know ****! Seriously?!

Edit: No need to have two of these topics at the same time, so moved this post and the replies to the newer topic. - ECG

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^ Just checked it out; I love how you wrote an essay to him explaining it's not in fact the looping star, in true goon style :p

DelPiero

Strata Poster

I've just read it and have decided never to argue with Jordan :boxing:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

OMG I'm so sad that I missed out on all the fun. What a twit. He's still arguing with me over messenger!

I love how he's changed his original post as well from 'exactly like Looping Star' to 'seems like the same as the Shooting Star'. WTF?!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Oh the GP...

I just started Level 2 Art at my school, and I did a very bad sketch of Fury 325(you can still tell it's F325 from colors and such). So some of my classmates come over to see what I was drawing. Here were some of the things people thought it was:

-A River
-A 'fancy' variation of the letter, 'h'
-A mountain

After I explained to them that it was a coaster, here were some of the coasters people thought it was(also note that I, and the school, live near SFGAm):

-Raging Bull
-Kingda Ka
-Top Thrill Dragster
-Millennium Force
-Batman(The ride)
-X Flight

After I explained to them what Fury 325 was, here were some of the comments:

-What theme park is it at?
-A theme park can be in 2 states? What about territorial laws?
-How tall is it?

etc....

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Mysterious Sue said:
OMG I'm so sad that I missed out on all the fun. What a twit. He's still arguing with me over messenger!

I love how he's changed his original post as well from 'exactly like Looping Star' to 'seems like the same as the Shooting Star'. WTF?!

I've just had to explain the entire thing to madame_furie in an epic tale that puts Game of Thrones to shame! :lol:

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

ThomVD said:
I saw a Talocan video on Facebook, and the comments on that were hilarious <3 Some examples of what kind of comments were there:

"I've never thrown up from a ride and I've rode the biggest and fastest in this country. This is boring and nothing."
"its not bad at all im 12 and iv'e ridden a ride just like that but it was way faster"
"Too crazy and very dangerous! Stupid to go on this as they can go horribly wrong!"
"Ripsaw is the same but it goes three times as fast and spins much more!"

Many more like that, it was beautiful.

Youtube comments to any pov are always carcinogenic. :confused2:

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

The towers fan boys are worth a mention, some of the things they come out with. Seriously.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Apparently, a backwards coaster is where a train launches out of the brake run, and slows down on the lift. According to a friend.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Sorry for double post.

This isn't really Cringe Worthy, I just thought I'd say it.

On a YouTube video about Wicked Cyclone(On/Off ride animations or something), a guy exclaims, "WHAT ITS IN ENGLAND!" And one of the replies was, "No, it's in New England."

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

GuyWithAStick said:
Apparently, a backwards coaster is where a train launches out of the brake run, and slows down on the lift. According to a friend.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk
Loving that concept

elephant58

Hyper Poster

owentaylor121 said:
The towers fan boys are worth a mention, some of the things they come out with. Seriously.

+1. Just go on TTF and away you go.....

Edward M

Strata Poster

The worst I've heard was in 2010, my teacher informed our class of a "500 foot tall indoor vertical drop roller coaster in China" word for word. I usually don't care about the public's lack of knowledge of coasters, they just aren't as interested in them, and I can't expect them to know facts like the speed of Top Thrill Dragster. However, it does irritate me when they try to inform me of facts about a ride that are incorrect. It is just that they usually do it to show off like they know a lot about roller coasters. Things like "The Intimidator is the tallest roller coaster in the world actually, and I rode it twice" and "The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is the fastest roller coaster in the world."