What's new

Cringe Worthy Non Coaster Enthusiast Comments you have heard

peep

CF Legend
Re: Cringe Worthy Non Coaster Enthusiast Comments you have h

Someone at work tried telling me yesterday that Peppa Pig World is its own park. Although I'm not surprised he thinks that after the way they market the whole park now but he'll have a shock when he sees it's just a small part of Paultons.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Lol what'd he say when you argued? Love it when people try to argue when it's like, no, I know better XD

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

This memory just came back to me. A friend and I were chatting on world record breaking coasters and I mentioned Kingda Ka. He later said that one collapsed and was rebuilt and that he saw it on the news. Either he got confused with another coaster incident not related to a collapse or he's a straight up liar caught by a goon.

mouse

Giga Poster

^ No he is right, I was on it when it collapsed and I nearly died but I wasn't even scared.

Typical youtube comment to any ride accident themed videos.

Montario

Roller Poster

Occasionally when talking to people/scrolling through comments on videos, I see people confusing Vekoma SLCs with B&M inverts. :cry: Usually something along the lines of; 'OMG Nemesis is exactly like the one at Fantasy Land', when referring to Jubilee Odyssey for instance. I acknowledge that people without a strong interest in roller coasters may not be as attentive, though I'm pretty sure anyone can detect a significant difference in ride experience between the two models - :wink:

Dan1989

Mega Poster

I have one and it comes from my local Theme *Coughs* AMUSEMENT Park! The Pepsi Max Big One, now known simply as The Big One, as the owners know a lot about ice rinks but very little about rides! they saw it's 235 feet, when it's actually 213 feet but yet they still advertise it as the tallest and fastest in Europe 20 years later. (I feel like i'm stuck in the 90's living in Blackpool!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

All the typical stuff...
"This is exactly the same as (insert coaster)" when sometimes the only related trait is their both an invert or looper, or worse only the same color lol

POV of some looping coaster "Anyone know if those coaster goes upside down?"

"I am 12 is not scary at all its fun but I havnet ridden yet"

I remember when Kingda Ka was brand new a rumor floating about High School that someone's head exploded on it.
One kid in particular was quite into spreading the word how "it kills people"
Me: "You know Henry, that's total stupid ****"
"No it's true, I heard about it on the news"
"That was one of the plastic test dummies, it like broke or something"
"No it was a person"
"Well you went on TTD last year (on our class trip) Kingda Ka is the same thing"
"No KK is a little bit taller and a little bit faster. That little bit makes a world of difference"
I walk away by this point with whatever little sanity is left.

Another claimed he was not scared of coasters, just they are too dangerous. And "I'm an engineer so I know how truly dangerous those things are"
"You know, as an engineer you should know just how safe they actually are"
"No way man, those things are really super dangerous. Just trust me"

Smithy

Strata Poster

"I'm not going on *ANY RIDE* did you not see what happened on that one at Alton Towers".

mouse

Giga Poster

"And it's being dismantled as we speak?"

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

I guess this is more an annoying trait of people in general, but those who do have a need to not be wrong, even though they are looking more stupid continuing.

"That ride had an accident, it fell over!"
"No, one piece of the track came slightly loose and there was an accident but it didn't fall over"
"It did. I was there when it happened. How can you know if you werent I saw people get carried away in stretchers was terrible."
"Here's the news article discussing what happened, it didn't fall over"
"Ohhhhhhhhh so you just believe everything the news says? It was clearly a cover up look you cnat know i was there and saw it happen"

Martyn B

CF Legend

This could be considered petty, but I HATE it when people refer to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter as "Harry Potter World/Land"!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

I told a friend about Goliath at SFGAm and Outlaw Run and how they are wooden and go upside down. He says he doesn't trust wood coasters that go upside down and said that they're probably really rough and unsafe lol. I told him that I've been on Goliath and it's one of the smoothest coasters I've ever been on and he said, "That's absolute bull**it. I doubt it."

singforfood

Roller Poster

*When several inversions are clearly visible from the entrance, queue, and pathways in the park*

"Does this ride go upside down?"

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

I find it weird that people don't bother to find out a bit about how coasters or rides work before riding them. As a person going on them I like to know a bit about how safe they are and also just about how they manage to work like they do. Facts like the ratcheting system of restraints and or the fact that you can't open a B&M flyer restraint whilst in the flat position (I'm pretty sure this is correct?) put my mind at rest when I'm riding rides. Knowing just how safe they are is good to know imo.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

-Degenerate hillbilly walking past Mystery Mine: "Thayat thayer maght bey THE Fahrchayser."
-Snot-nosed kid in line for Sierra Sidewinder: "This is the scariest ride in the park, I mean, you go BACKWARDS!!!!" (I'm the last person to rail on an opinion, but this seems really inconsistent with Boomerang right across the park)
-Tragic Mountain YOLO **** bag trying to show off to his girlfriend on Gold Rusher: "This was the first roller coaster ever."
-Sheltering suburban mom at Busch Gardens Tampa: [responding to daughter asking to ride Scorpion] "Oh, no, sweetie, you break your neck on those things!"
-Redneck pointing at Cheetah Run at BGT: "They's the fastest, agilest land animals on the planet, there's no way they ain't jumpin' thayat feyence!"
-Ratchet girls behind Taylor and I on Bat: "THIS AIN'T RIGHT!!!! WE'S DONE!!! WE GON' DIE!!!!!"
-My cousin: "Top Thrill Dragster isn't a coaster, it's just a ride. It just goes up and down like that."
-It's not really a comment, but this girl next to me on Silver Bullet needed me to undo the buckle on her OTSR because she was too stupid to figure it out herself.

And my all time favorite...

-My mom: "Jarrett, you know they're all the same right? They go fast and do a bunch of stuff but it's all the same, when will you realize this?"

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

I just lol'd picturing you saying this aint right we's done we gon die.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I heard a girl once ask if Rattlesnake "tumbles over" which is the strangest description of "up-side-down" imaginable. The staff member was so confused.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Joey said:
I heard a girl once ask if Rattlesnake "tumbles over" which is the strangest description of "up-side-down" imaginable. The staff member was so confused.

haha what even!? Maybe she was a gymnast??