What's new

Chessington apply for planning permission for redevelopment

Darren

Roller Poster
A marketing video has been released for the new area:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHvCzN35wso[/youtube]

It's all starting to come together nicely. Also notice that Chessington's logo has been tweaked slightly.

jokerman

Giga Poster
At first I thought that video was unofficial, but I suppose that if the idea is discovering a new land then it should look a bit amateurish.

tks

Strata Poster
So.. They're replacing Beanoland with Asialand.. When they already have the Mystic East right next door... Way to think outside the box chessington. :roll:

peep

CF Legend
^Yeah, this will be India-based theming whereas Mystic East is more oriental. Two very different themes.

The video is kinda cool. New Chessington logo = LOVE.

I'm definitely more excited about this new development than Alton's SW6.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I think the new logo fits in with the change of area and new target market. The old logo was more cartoony, and this new one is much slicker.

A

Anonymous

I dont know if it's been mentioned but there's now a mini site for Wild Asia on Chessington's website, going by the site I think we can safely assume that the DiscoCoaster will be named KOBRA.

CF wont allow me to post a link but it's easy to find from the Chessington homepage

peep

CF Legend
Where is everyone seeing the name Kobra? I did look on the site but I didn't see the name Kobra mentioned anywhere.

However, unlike Jokerman I don't believe that people will be confused as to which ride is which. Most people that go to Chessington probably haven't even heard of Paultons (despite the advertising in the London area this year).

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Chessington Website said:
Be one of the first to discover the ancient ruins of Wild Asia in 2010, a new and mythical land rumoured to channel supernatural powers of sacred animals. In a clearing in the jungle brave adventurers are challenged to take on the KOBRA!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The other names have been announced...

Monkey Swinger is boring...

Temple of Mayhem is meh...

Tuk Tuk Turmoil Dodgems is absolute WIN!

Apparently they're aiming to put proper indian food in the restaurant, similar to the chinese once by Dragon Falls' exit...

Rumours are also going around about repaving and sorting out entrances and exits with the car parks, if this is true, then that is very good as the car park has needed redoing for as long as I can remember... :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
When did they get announced? You got a link?
They're not bad names. Better than what they were called before.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I would guess recently, saw them on TPM and SP...

Nothing concrete but I'm happy to trust the sources that have given the info... Usually cos they're working for Chessie... :lol: