What's new

Chessington apply for planning permission for redevelopment

nealbie

CF Legend
The 8-10 year old's will love it, it's a great addition for Chessie. And I'm sure Ollie's looking forward to the new credit :wink:

Ben

CF Legend
I don't see what everyone's complaining about, I remember the time people were begging Chessington to get a Disk-O!

Sure, it's not as good as a coaster, but, um... have you seen the size of the land it's on...?

And then with the re-theme looking very extensive, and quite good, I'm not surprised there's no coaster on the plans!

I think they look great, personally...

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, tbh I take back all the slagging off I did prior to the release of the plans. It actually looks awesome.

It's great to see them return to some actual amazing theming, it will also look better next to Land of the Dragons and Mystic East whereas Beanoland stuck out like a sore thumb.

I'm surprised no one noticed the new reptile house attraction too. I suppose it is quite hidden (behind the shop/games/fast food kiosk). I'm also very surprised at the decision to keep the bus and to keep the treehouse? Confused. Then again their new re-theme look awesome.

Woop for water feature! :D

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this now, yeah a Disk-o-coaster is a pants ride but if they are going to put that much effort into theming everything that's good enough for me.

They have actually re-touched up a lot of theming around the park this year and I'm sure we'll see more of this too. Most of the Rameses Revenge area has been repainted etc, part of the station for Dragon Falls was cleaned etc and all animatronics in the Rattlesnake queueline have been re-clothed, painted and fixed. They are also putting back a window into the side of Sealion bay so you can watch them in the water again :D

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Okay, I am now very excited! The theming looks fantastic. Great to see Chessie finally doing something to their amusement park.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ben said:
I don't see what everyone's complaining about, I remember the time people were begging Chessington to get a Disk-O!

Sure, it's not as good as a coaster, but, um... have you seen the size of the land it's on...?

And then with the re-theme looking very extensive, and quite good, I'm not surprised there's no coaster on the plans!

I think they look great, personally...

I needed to quote this just so more people notice Ben agreeing with an addition :lol:

Now seeing the pictures it looks more Mutiny Bay than Saw... Horray...

Looking at the third pic showing the actual boundaries of Chessie makes me happy somewhat since they have another field behind the one that they can use for a coaster or another ride later... Horray...

The snake theming looks awesome... But didn't know about this reptile attraction, which is a suprise... Since these may actually have some relevance as well as be an improvement over Creepy Caves this could be a good addition... Wonder what will happen to CC...

Either way, hope the theming turns out like the images, because that'll be the kicker for this imo...

And long may the extra random redevelopments continue... (John's post)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I'm not complaining, but a coaster is needed.

Saying that, I've never been on a banking Disko like this, so it should be cool.
Are there any around, apart from this one?

Emmett

Giga Poster
I don't think its a banking Disko although the idea sounds interesting. The image of the serpent makes it look like the track is banked but from the side view plans it looks like the same model which is at Paultons.

nealbie

CF Legend
But of course you wouldn't be able to see it clearly enough from the side.

I doubt it does, but it would certainly be interesting.

marc

CF Legend
It looks the same type of Disko that they just installed at Paultons Park.

I had another look at the plans and if they pull all the theming off well it will look good.

Ollie

CF Legend
Nah it doesn't bank. It's the same as the one at Paultons. The curved bit you see at each end is just themeing behind the snakes as the ride comes up from behind a fence to the snakes head and then back down.

spicy

Giga Poster
Oh cool, the re-theme actually looks really good and to a really high standard.

I love the serpents on the Disk-O, I've never actually been on a Disk-O with the hill in the middle before, I have only been on the one at Adventure Island.

Also I never realised how much land Chessie actually has, it has the potential to be a huge park.

Oh, and they better keep the water jets on Billy's Whizzer!

jokerman

Giga Poster
^I've never been on one, but it sounds like Chessie should realise that if they are gonna move the age of their target market up, then they will have more guests whose balls have dropped!

Mark

Strata Poster
As a ride enthusaist meh. It's a nice addition to the park, suits their demographic and all that.

As a theme lover. If and I mean a flipping huge IF they pull off all the plans and this is themed properly then it will look bloody fantastic. I've always thought the effort to theme in Forbidden Kingdom was good and I think this will surpass that.

I am interested to see the colour scheme for it too. Are we looking at a very Tibetan grey scheme or something about more Asian and colourful?

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Lovely plans. In a place called "World of Adventures", Beanoland stuck out like a noisy rude cousin from the dodgy part of the family, so I'm pleased they're tackling it full-on.

Shame the new ride choice is a Disk-O though - it was perfect for Paultons, but Chessie should have more clout that that.

And they're persisting with the sideshows, which is annoying.

Mark

Strata Poster
I think what we might be seeing here is what happened with Alton a few years ago. A total redevelopment or spruce up of each land with some additional rides to boot.

I agree a better ride then a Disko would have been nice, Im just glad they didn't go with one of their original ideas to have the Topple Tower (an idea I was originally behind 100% until I did some research...)

Mark

Strata Poster
Websearching, getting peoples opinions, looking at downtime and so on.

From everything I looked at the general feeling was that they look brilliant but actually provide a very boring ride experience. They also suffer from poor reliability too.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I remember when Gary from engineering told me about the Topple Tower and how they wanted it to look. It did sound very impressive, but I think the Disko will serve chessington better.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
This will be great for Chessington because most people miss out Beano Land because of the lack of good? rides. It does need a bit of a retheme maybee !!