What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach |Wallace & Gromit Thrill-o-Matic

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach |Wallace & Gromit Thrill-o-Mati

I will be very upset if they get rid of it. Wild Mouse is my favourite coaster at the pleasure beach and as far as I'm concerned screw this new ride, there is know way it will be better than Wild Mouse.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Wallace and Gromit dark ride @ BPB 2012

We have a logo:

WG_Preview.jpg

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Wallace and Gromit dark ride @ BPB 2013

Yeah, what's the source for that? Looks very Photoshop...

Martyn B

CF Legend

The URL for the image is: blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/files/uploads/WG_Preview.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I think it looks great. It's the sort of thing that furie would knock up if I asked him to make me a logo.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Gosh darn, typical Blackpool, overhyping rides as usual.

Almost forgot my [/Sarcasm] tags.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Jordan, you realise PS is industry software and the majority of amateur users use it illegally? :p

I actually like the logo. Simple, effective, relevant...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Mark

Strata Poster

^Yeah same. It does what it needs to and is in keeping with the Wallace and Gromit brand.

Lofty

CF Legend

Joey said:
Jordan, you realise PS is industry software and the majority of amateur users use it illegally? :p

I actually like the logo. Simple, effective, relevant...

That's true, but for "Logos" and branding, the best software to use is actually Illustrator. I know Jordan wasn't getting at it, but you can certainly tell the difference between a logo that's been created in Photoshop & one that's been done in Illustrator. This definitely looks to be done in Photoshop. Ha.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

To be fair, though the logo is simple and plain, isn't that what would be used if Wallace was going to design a logo for a wacky invention of his.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Illustrator is for vector graphics. Since Wallace and Gromit are physical models, and so any images of them are photographs. Photographs cannot be Vector. So having them in the logo requires the logo not to be Vector. I guess they don't need to be in the logo, but why wouldn't you have them? PhotoShop can do what Illustrator can and more. I don't really get the whole illustrator bumming thing personally. It's like when art farts say Macs are better for arts.

Lofty

CF Legend

Yes, most of it is Vector based, but the thing is, most logos ARE created by Illustrator, that's a fact. Solely for the fact that you can scale to ANY size you want it at and it won't distort at all, Photoshop cannot do that. No format of PS can allow for this. Illustrator is for creating vectors, but most logos and graphics are actually created using vector software, most Graphic Design companies will actually use it to create said graphics and ship them out to clients in a PDF format, meaning it can be scaled to whatever size required and every edge will be as crisp as it was in edit.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

You can create vectors and save vector-friendly formats in PS... That's what the Pen and Shape tools are for. If you are using a graphic which is not vector in a logo, which is common, then photoshop is the better answer.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

When I was designing licensed products, nearly all the artwork I was supplied with was in Photoshop format - including logos. The layered .PSD files would usually include vector layers for rescaling but the fact is that nearly all licences include photographs of characters that simply can't be recreated in Illustrator.

Lofty

CF Legend

It's all down to preference, but the Graphic Designers I know (One of them is a high up Designer for the Co-Operative Group) all use Illustrator for their logo designs. As do I for commissioned pieces because it cannot be beaten for it's high quality, expandable formates. The same as photoshop not being able to be beaten for it's image manipulation (except Lightroom for touchups) and 3D capabilities.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Lofty said:
It's all down to preference, but the Graphic Designers I know (One of them is a high up Designer for the Co-Operative Group) all use Illustrator for their logo designs. As do I for commissioned pieces because it cannot be beaten for it's high quality, expandable formates.

Yes, the original stuff I did for Asda was almost all in Illustrator but the majority of licence logos (from Disney to Marvel, even Peppa Pig) were supplied best in Photoshop. The look of the characters (and, by extension, the worlds they inhabit) usually doesn't lend itself well to AI. I think this Wallace & Gromit logo has more character than could have been achieved any other way.