What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach |Wallace & Gromit Thrill-o-Matic

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Wallace and Gromit dark ride @ BPB 2013

Clearly made to look like a slipper. That's absolutely **** disgusting and offensive to the eye.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Lofty said:
Clearly made to look like a slipper. That's absolutely **** disgusting and offensive to the eye.
Erm, what?

It looks fab. Just because it's not covered in fake blood, cobwebs and goes "wooooo" whilst jumping out on people doesn't make it offensive to the eye.

I think it's great that the trains are themed to something relevant and quirky from the show. Perhaps the rocket from A Grand Day Out would have been better, but it's certainly not "offenisve to the eye".

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I think it's tacky and dreadful and therefore is recapturing some of the old Pleasure Beach we used to love :)

I like it.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Omg the slipper is **** brilliant! Ahahaha I LOVE it, it's so Wallace and Gromit <3

marc

CF Legend

I'm with Furie and Ian on this one.

Not interested in the ride at all as I don't like the franchise, but it fits the theme and the pleasure beach.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Ian said:
Lofty said:
Erm, what?

It looks fab. Just because it's not covered in fake blood, cobwebs and goes "wooooo" whilst jumping out on people doesn't make it offensive to the eye.

Pretty sure he meant the colours and general appearance of it. It is pretty gross tbh.

AJ

Giga Poster

Ahahah that slipper car is AMAZING <3 Haha it's FIERCE.

Lofty

CF Legend

Ian said:
Lofty said:
Erm, what?

I think it's great that the trains are themed to something relevant and quirky from the show. Perhaps the rocket from A Grand Day Out would have been better, but it's certainly not "offenisve to the eye".
I meant to put, "My", more fool me.

I've never said "Wooooo" thank you very much. Ha...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Lofty said:
I've never said "Wooooo" thank you very much. Ha...

You should! It's dead scary and adds atmosphere, though not as much as an air horn [/freeprofessionaladvice]

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach |Wallace & Gromit Thrill-o-Mati

The facade is coming along nicely:
BCqcVOiCUAALIyI.jpg:large

nadroJ

CF Legend

Should this be merged with the actual construction thread for this ride? I just had an update to post and realised the official one hadn't been posted in since October.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

They really need to advertise this now if it's opening in March. They've got to compete with The Smiler, Zufari and several tricks Thorpe have up their sleves. Most people I have spoken to knew there was a chance of a W&G ride coming to PBB but didn't realise it was almost built! I'm personally intrested in what they've done and if this is going to live up to a disney dark ride attraction (Proberly not due to lower budget...but still :wink: )

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

There was an ad for it in the programs for the Lion King Musical in Manchester. Can't tell you much else, I was reading someone else program over their shoulder! :)

Lofty

CF Legend

Nemesis of oblivion said:
They really need to advertise this now if it's opening in March. They've got to compete with The Smiler, Zufari
Actually, no they don't. The Smiler is aimed at a completely different market sector than this will be and Zufari is that far away and such a different style of ride, it's not going to affect BPB's promotion for this ride at all.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Thekingin64 said:
There was an ad for it in the programs for the Lion King Musical in Manchester. Can't tell you much else, I was reading someone else program over their shoulder! :)
Nothing we don't know but it's a fun full-page ad that includes a boxout plugging breaks at the hotel (from £118 including accommodation, breakfast and one day wristband).

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Nemesis of oblivion said:
They really need to advertise this now if it's opening in March.
Now announced as opening in April but there are some preview rides in March (which cost £10 and can be booked via the BPB website)

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

On advertising, ok they might not have to compete with Zufari due to how far Chessie is. But literally no one I have spoken to realise this is being built. I mean they don't need to do in-your-face advertising like merlin does but I do feel they need to get it known. Phreaps short tv-spots of W&G building a ride (like 10 seconds long) then near/during April, release a full longer ad. Anything to get it more out there.