What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach |Wallace & Gromit Thrill-o-Matic

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach |Wallace & Gromit Thrill-o-Mati

Update from BPB's Facebook page: Thrill-o-Matic opens for previews tomorrow, with the official opening on 24th April.

Meanwhile, it's the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles who've emerged from the Infusion lake and will be wandering around Nick Land over Easter.

T0M

Hyper Poster

So is it unavailable to the general (not extra paying) public until 24 April?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ Maybe if you buy some cheese flavoured rock and watch the Hot Ice show you could get a chance to beg for a preview slot?

Smithy

Strata Poster

Got to make money any way they can I guess.

£7 :|

SEVEN ENGLISH POUNDS!

Jesus Christ.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

The Blackpool huckster spirit alive and well!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ Care to expand on that? Why is it good? What can we expect? What's the story like?

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Certainly. I managed to grap an earlier trip to blackpool so I could have the whole next week clear to do up the house with my parents.

Spoilers!!!!!!!!

Anyway the ride. If you want story, you won't have one. That is one of the few down points. The ride shows a selection of scenes from the movies which you go past. These scenes are not chorlogicaly placed but do work. The scenes are very well presented and made me smile at how silly it can be (Wallace having a bomb in his pants) The animatronics are very actually pretty good. They're interesting to look at and better than anything merlin has shown in that department. I would say its on par to being a ride that would fit in Disney's fantasy land. It does have a bit of magic. Considering the budget was huge, they've done a great job. Don't expect the ultimate dark ride, but a family dark ride, with heart.

But beware of queues. this did reach 60minutes. I'll give a deeper review later as this was of my phone.

Scott88

Hyper Poster

W&G is officially open as of today, they are doing the grand opening this morning.

I've been on it already because they did a soft opening at Easter, but I am led to believe they've made some changes to scenes and the camera positioning due to feedback they were given.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Is it sad I'm looking forward to riding it? I always though Gold Mine was a turd :lol:

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Scott88 said:
W&G is officially open as of today, they are doing the grand opening this morning.

I've been on it already because they did a soft opening at Easter, but I am led to believe they've made some changes to scenes and the camera positioning due to feedback they were given.
The feedback I've heard is that the dark bits between scenes are quite scary for young 'uns so I hope they've fixed that.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Looking forward to pictures from this. It sure has been in development for a long time.

Scott88

Hyper Poster

furie said:
Is it sad I'm looking forward to riding it? I always though Gold Mine was a turd :lol:

I never rated the Goldmine myself, was really dull I thought.

Robbie said:
Scott88 said:

The feedback I've heard is that the dark bits between scenes are quite scary for young 'uns so I hope they've fixed that.

There's dark spots and it's something a lot of people have brought up, I wouldn't say they'd be scary for anyone though because there's always audio playing which helps you move from one scene to another.

I am not sure if anyone will be interested but there's a few photos on PBE from the official opening yesterday; http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com/ ... =11&t=3337

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Scott88 said:
There's dark spots and it's something a lot of people have brought up, I wouldn't say they'd be scary for anyone though because there's always audio playing which helps you move from one scene to another.
I'm only going by what a couple of mums were saying to me last week - that their younger kids were scared. Not sure of the age, could have been too young, but I guess if they're old enough to ride their concerns should be listened to.

Dan1989

Mega Poster

I was a fan of Gold mine and got to ride this last Friday. It's nice to see them spending some money on the park, but it really is about time they got a Massive project on the go. I really did like the ride though