What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach |Wallace & Gromit Thrill-o-Matic

T0M

Hyper Poster
Re: Wallace and Gromit dark ride @ BPB 2012

I think you should just tell everyone Ian. ;)

Granted, people might stop telling you things, but how fun can it be being the only one knowing anything and not being able to tell others? Surely when people tell you things they consider it at least possible it'll get out, considering who you are.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Tom G said:

Granted, people might stop telling you things, but how fun can it be being the only one knowing anything and not being able to tell others? Surely when people tell you things they consider it at least possible it'll get out, considering who you are.

It's called being confidential and professional... Surely as well it's more exciting for us NOT knowing the intricate details of what's being planned so when they ARE announced we can be all shocked and in awe/despair as to what's being built...

I think people tell Ian things because he DOESN'T blab...

sean

Mega Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
so when they ARE announced we can be all shocked and in awe/despair as to what's being built...

I think I'll be a pessimist at this moment in time.....[strike]awe[/strike]/despair

:p

T0M

Hyper Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
Tom G said:

It's called being confidential and professional... Surely as well it's more exciting for us NOT knowing the intricate details of what's being planned so when they ARE announced we can be all shocked and in awe/despair as to what's being built...

I think people tell Ian things because he DOESN'T blab...

I have no real challenge to that, but "I know but can't say" only serves to drive people crazy - but I can see the appeal of that :lol:

sean

Mega Poster

Personally, I'm glad I'm not in the know....I love being surprised at a new attraction. Sometimes knowing takes a bit of the excitement out of riding it the first time.

ArronL94

Roller Poster

BPB always have little sneaky surprises! As said many times on the site.. there is not much room for new rides/coasters.. so they have to demolish old attractions. This time its the goldmine.. gotta be said though every time ive walked past this ride it's been dead or near-dead. :roll:

It has to be said that goldmine is 'past it'.. officially dead and gone..
:angel:

Lofty

CF Legend

ArronL94 said:
BPB always have little sneaky surprises! As said many times on the site.. there is not much room for new rides/coasters.. so they have to demolish old attractions. This time its the goldmine.. gotta be said though every time ive walked past this ride it's been dead or near-dead. :roll:

It has to be said that goldmine is 'past it'.. officially dead and gone..
:angel:

Um. You do realise this is just a re-theme, not a demolition. Right?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Hmmm, I wouldn't use the term "retheme" as it is an entirely new ride with a new track layout (which might include the interaction part with the food area and River Caves. It will take a lot of "sensitive work" to get the layout through that area, which is why the new ride is opening in 2013, not 2012. In a nutsehll, Gold Mine is being gutted and thoroughly redesigned.

The Gold Mine theming will be put in storage for if/when they require it for a future project. It's possible some items may be auctioned/eBayed.

tks

Strata Poster

Sensitive work. You mean they have to avoid all the asbestos that is in the river caves? ;)

Scott88

Hyper Poster

Goldmine will not be replaced in 2012, but there will be a replacement for it, for the 2013 season.

I do hope this turns out to be a coaster, fingers crossed.

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ No. Ian did say on the other page that it will re-open as the new attraction in 2013, as its going to take a while to get it done.

It will take a lot of "sensitive work" to get the layout through that area, which is why the new ride is opening in 2013, not 2012. In a nutsehll, Gold Mine is being gutted and thoroughly redesigned.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Thanks to the members on PBE who visited the special behind the scenes tour yesterday we now have a confirmation on the new Wallace & Gromit attraction at the Pleasure Beach and we even have details on what the ride will be and how it will work.

David Cam has announced that opening Easter 2013 will be "Wallace & Gromit: The Ride" after Pleasure Beach finalized the deal at a board meeting last week. The ride will follow the same route as the former Goldmine but will feature entirely new trains. The ride will be totally re-themed.

The ride is currently completely closed off, guarded by some exotic plants whilst the Pleasure Beach remove all signs of the Goldmine.

Special thanks to those who attended the event and received the information.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Re: Wallace & Gromit Confirmed For Pleasure Beach

Hi Martyn B

It was "announced" for a 2012 opening but then for some reason the whole project just went dead. On PBE we were a little sceptical that it would even happen as Pleasure Beach stayed quiet about the whole thing.

I'm just letting you guys know that the ride is definitely going ahead and some of the details about the attraction. It has now been officially announced by the Beach.

Lofty

CF Legend

Oh, dear, there's my hopes shot down in flames...

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

I loved gold mine, but I have to say, it was always empty.
Hopefully a re-theme will draw in new riders.