What's new

BGW | Tempesto | Premier Rides Launch Coaster

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
Re: BGW 2015 Premier Coaster Rumours.

I was surprised by the fact that this rumor is reporting a new attraction in Italy. Construction is currently going on in the former site of Drachen Fire, for... something. The plot of land of the former Drachen Fire has been virtually vacant since it's removal in early 2002, and only used during halloween or for private events. I hope Busch Gardens is actually expanding hopefully adding Spain. Spain is that missing country that should be there, a country that has unique culture, architecture,and beautiful music. I question why it has never been there. A new section would most likely include a coaster at some point.

andrus

Giga Poster

VascoXTRC said:
I was surprised by the fact that this rumor is reporting a new attraction in Italy. Construction is currently going on in the former site of Drachen Fire, for... something. The plot of land of the former Drachen Fire has been virtually vacant since it's removal in early 2002, and only used during halloween or for private events.
Of course I've only been to the park once, and haven't seen the old plot of land used for Drachen Fire. But it would seem more resonable to put the coaster over there. Do you have any pictures/links showing the construction? I'm sure they could squeeze in a coaster in the Italy section though, if they're just adding a coaster.

VascoXTRC said:
I hope Busch Gardens is actually expanding hopefully adding Spain. Spain is that missing country that should be there, a country that has unique culture, architecture,and beautiful music. I question why it has never been there.
The country that is obviously missing is Sweden! Think of all the theming possibilities:

Restaurants serving meatballs, smorgasbord, crispbread etc. IKEA-themed roller coaster, ABBA-land...
(Although my personal favourite would be a Koenigsegg-themed launch coaster :p)

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^I thought part of Verbolten used the Drachen Fire area?

IKEA-themed coaster - so, riding a sofa through the mystical wonders of an oversized furniture store. :wink:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

The IKEA ride could be a Sally shooter, and you need to blast out all of the Value City Furniture or Crate&Barrel furniture out! So genius.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend

The IKEA coaster, where you need to build your ride vehicle out of a flat pack first. Then you get lost for hours down a maze made out of shelf units and then you dine in a restaurant where the only option is meatballs.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

peep said:
The IKEA coaster, where you need to build your ride vehicle out of a flat pack first. Then you get lost for hours down a maze made out of shelf units and then you dine in a restaurant where the only option is meatballs.
Whilst listening to ABBA. :lol:

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Not so much. Oh, and the dessert menu consists only of Daim chocolate.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Back on topic,
I think the park should build in the old Drachen Fire spot. Much more possibilities than a cramped space next to Apollos Chariot. Maybe they could do something more like Full Throttle, but longer, and put the brakes AFTER the top hat.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

One more, in the gift shop, you get a free sample of lingonberry punch.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

andrus said:
Do you have any pictures/links showing the construction? I'm sure they could squeeze in a coaster in the Italy section though, if they're just adding a coaster.

Attachments

• BGW 2014.jpg
    BGW 2014.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 158

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I actually thing a Sweden section would work well, or just all of Scandinavia in general. I could see a cool viking-themed coaster and maybe a dark boat ride similar to Maelstrom at Epcot.

Another country I'd like to see would be Russia. They could add a show for either circus or ballet, a Mondial Windseeker with an onion dome spire, a new generation B&M standup themed to taking a dog sled through Siberia, plenty of possibilities.

And line jumpers get pulled out of the queue, clubbed in the face, and dragged off to the gulag never to be seen again. :p

tomahawk

Strata Poster

How about a ride where you get shot down and die and they just blame it on Kings Dominion.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I would sigh and laugh at the idea of a Russian themed area.

And then they got a Moser Tower, a Zierra launch caster, a Premier crapacity nightmare and rethemed England to the **** 70s. So now the idea of them having a Russian themed section seems perfectly rational, even in the wake of the recent disaster. In fact, now has never been a better time, since they seem desperate to make the park as unappealing as humanly possible.

Jarrett

Keep in mind, the park is set in the time period in which Russia was the Tsardom of Russia. This was before the time Russia had the reputation it has today. Fluch Von Novgorod has a Russian theme if I'm correct and nobody has a problem with it, something like it.

I really like my idea of a B&M standup themed to a journey through Siberia on a dog sled. People could watch matryoshka dolls being made that would be available for purchase, a store selling various BGW-branded winter apparel (could make big bucks during Christmas Town).

Some nice facades styled like this for the building seem like something Busch would do, it's actually somewhat similar to some of the architecture I saw at BGT. This combined with a few of the larger buildings being styled by Moscow's Red Square could make for something quite nice.

izmailovskiy-kremlin-in-moscow-old-fashioned-russian-architecture-1600x1066.jpg

Obviously this shouldn't happen now, but in a few years after it's all blown over this might be a good idea. There aren't that many international-themed parks in the US but of the ones that exist, NONE of them have Russian sections.

Another country that might work is Holland. I could see a giant working windmill acting as the centerpiece to a nice plaza and a sort of boat ride themed to the canals. Put a few organ grinders around the area and sell food like Dutch apple pie. And this beautiful coaster. :p

nickelodeonstreak3.jpg

I really like the idea of Scandinavia, though. A Viking-themed ride would really help round out the cultures covered by the park and Swedish meatballs would make great park food.

Back on topic, though, I feel like this ride isn't meant to be the park's next flagship. It's a small, compact coaster that's just kind of there to be fun and unique without being huge, filling a gap that a boomerang or wild mouse would typically fill. I doubt they hype it much after three seasons max.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Good luck on the B&M Stand-Up. The last one to be built was Georgia Scorcher in 1999. :wink:

Jarrett

Hyde said:
^ Good luck on the B&M Stand-Up. The last one to be built was Georgia Scorcher in 1999. :wink:
They brought back the floorless design for Hair Raiser and Nitro. Maybe they could redesign the trains like Banshee? A standup with smooth track work like most new floaty B&Ms would probably be the best for the standup concept.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

It's not a smooth track question, it's an uncomfortable riding position. Stand Ups are dead.

End of story.