What's new

BGW | Tempesto | Premier Rides Launch Coaster

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
Re: BGW 2015 Premier Coaster Rumours.

What an obtuse post. If this coaster goes in next year they will have built 7 coasters in 19 years, in addition to major rides Mach Tower and DarKastle.

If you really want to know how "poor" SeaWorld manages its finances google SeaWorld investor relations, its a publicly traded company you can see it all.

Well maybe poor isn't the right word, but what i see is BGW makes a good amount of money. Sea World then takes their profits and does not invest it back into BGW as often as they could. The BGW broke ties, they might be better off. If there isn't a new ride every other year then something is going wrong. The place lacks rides.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

^Maths is hardz...I know.

I named 7 coasters and 9 rides in 19 years. That's a new ride ever 2.111 years (or every other year), and those are only the rides I remember.

Look if you want to knock this ride because it isn't going to do 1,000 PPH that's fine. But stop trying to argue BGW (which has been under the same umbrella SEA has for the last 25 years) doesn't reinvest in the park. That's simply not true.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

^ I love the internet. Well, what the heck is going on over at the side of drachen fire. I posted a pic of construction going on back there earlier in the thread???????????

Attachments

• funny-guy-argument-Internet-coffee1.jpg
    funny-guy-argument-Internet-coffee1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 161

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

Just rode Sky Scream at Holiday Park and it is actually REALLY GOOD. It rides a lot better than it looks and yes the capacity isn't good by any means but with an efficient crew (BGW was pretty good with operations), it isn't as dreadful as you may suspect, purely based on how often the train was dispatched (I was using express pass queue).

I wasn't thrilled about the idea of one of these coming to BGW, but after today I would go as far to say it should be easily up there with Griffon and Apollos chariot as the best coasters at the park, assuming this is definitely what they're getting.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

Track spotted, TRACK SPOTTED.

db_2014_0825_BGW_CoasterTrack1.jpg

Storm themed?

Source: http://www.screamscape.com/html/busch_gardens_williamsburg.htm

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster

Is that premier or Intamin? I think Premier. Looks more like Drachen Fire reboot, i hope this rumor was wrong. Any markers in Italy?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Yep, that's Premier. I think it might be called Tempesto. BGW did trademark it.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

They have started clearing those trees by Apollo, so that's that. Not to mention that link I posted on the previous page showcasing all the concept art, that blue matches the leaked concept drawings.

Tempesto is probably the name, but those concept drawings I linked to show that it has a stunt biking theme, one that would make some sense for the type of coaster they picked. Maybe they could pull a Falcon's Fury paint job on the loop and paint it with a fire print so it looks like a ring of fire?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: BGW | Tempesto? | Premier Rides Launch Coaster?

Time for an update.
The park announced the official project name as Tempesto and Apollos Chariot will will not until 3pm during Howl-O-Scream due to construction. Here are some photos I took and posted on our Facebook page.

10711137_10152378851533639_6971593506931276197_n.jpg

1602033_10152378850368639_455792825921255720_o.jpg

10668855_10152378850673639_1288368348967856344_o.jpg

10644209_10152378851123639_8923996433777066541_o.jpg

Hutch

Strata Poster

Looks like some track had been spotted just west of Richmond about a week ago.

2014_1105_knoebels_impulsetrack.jpg

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Most, if not all of track is now on site, this website is so slow on updates recently.

bmac

Giga Poster

Supports are also on-site waiting to be shipped to the ride site. They're orange, btw.

2012Jarrett said:
I should have included in my other post that this will run 3-car Full Throttle-esque trains, at least per BGWFans in that link I posted earlier. That combined with the transfer track station should probably bring the capacity to about Full Throttle's, which while low, does work. Will you get those people waiting 2+ hours for a boomerang? Yes. Will it be frustrating? Yes. But I don't think it'll be the capacity disaster everybody's making it out to be.

Do not get your hopes up for a sliding station a la Mr. Freeze. The site plans which have been redacted due to DMCA have shown only one queue line and one exit pathway, and the station being only wide enough for the dividing handrails on one side of the station.

Smithy

Strata Poster

owenrita121 said:
Most, if not all of track is now on site, this website is so slow on updates recently.

Feel free to contribute.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

The sad thing is I don't think anyone cares about this ride. And that really says something, since BGW is such a major well received park. :(

What are they thinkingggggg.

Lofty

CF Legend

I truly put it down to the coaster type. It's nothing unique and with the RMC coasters that everybody is rapping over and the new products on offer, this is being left in the shadows. I truly don't think that it's a bad decision for the park whatsoever since the closest coaster of the same type is across the other side of the country. It's just us enthusiasts who won't be too bothered whereas the general public will love it, like they love the other Premier LSM coasters.

bmac

Giga Poster

They're gonna love this thing up until the see the lines for it on a bad day.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

What really baffles me is how they thought having a 1-train operation coaster would make sense in a park with people-eaters like Apollo's Charriot, Verbolten or Alpengeist. If only they had got the dual-loading station model...

Oh well, hopefully operations on this will be A+.

bmac

Giga Poster

oriolat2 said:
Oh well, hopefully operations on this will be A+.

I have no doubt BGW will put a good crew on this ride but the people visiting BGW are slow as all hell. Thankfully they'll only have 18 seats to check instead of 24, 32, or even 36.