What's new

BGW | Tempesto | Premier Rides Launch Coaster

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
http://bgwfansite.com/2014/04/new-for-2015/

2015 is Gearing Up to Be a Good Year if the Rumors We Are Hearing Are True.

Today we were tipped off that Busch Gardens is looking at building a new roller coaster for 2015! Right now we know the name is most likely going to be Diavolo, which means devil in Italian. We also know it’s going to be somewhere in Festa Italia. Based on reports filed, we also know that Busch has filed an application with James City for a 156-foot attraction. Last year BGW did a balloon test in that section of the park that reached a height of 150 feet. The information we have received shows that we will be getting a replica of Superman Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom built by Premier Rides. Its odd that the park would choose this style of ride as it only seats 12 people per ride cycle, and can only operate one train. This ride has a very small footprint and would be very visible from the parking lot. We also understand that the ride will feature a black, yellow and red color scheme. It’s unclear what color the track will be.

Seems like an odd choice to me if the rumours do turn out to be true. Unless the ride can incorporate a sliding station like Mr Freeze. The capacity would be rubbish.

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: BGW 2015 Premier Coaster Rumours.

Trusting CoasterCrew's network is probably the dumbest thing any enthusiast can do. The ride could possibly be a Premier Shuttle but the chances of it being confirmed this early are nil. If you want to trust anything related to BGW at least check the Parkfans Network to see what they're saying.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster

goin backwards? good choice. Another multi launched coaster? Interesting. I'm still pro RMC inverting woodie, but ya know, whatever. As this park is one of the closest to me, this sounds awesome!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

A few things...

Plans! Courtesy of BGWFans... http://bgwfans.com/2014/busch-gardens-w ... -revealed/

Potential hoax? Busch pulling a Merlin on us? I'd be surprised. It does seem the kind of thing BGW would do now, tbh.

My thoughts...

That park is hardly new to making weird stupid decisions...

Capacity? I'd worry at any other major park, but at Busch, none of the target audience go on any rides. This and Verbolten will get queues, but not craaaazy long.

That area of the park is cheesy and fairground like anyway so I don't have issues with the visual impact of this ride.

What I do have issues with is that when you buy a clone for a major park, you expect a high standard of theming. This WON'T have, because the nature of it makes it impossible to theme in a way comparative to Verbolten. It's a cheap addition that looks impressive on paper for marketing and nothing more.

I like premier rides, but this is a little bit laughable. I wonder what Kings Dominion will do...

peep

CF Legend

That's a very unusual choice. Will be interesting to see if this is true or just a fake plan to throw fanbois off the scent.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

bmac

Giga Poster

peep said:
That's a very unusual choice. Will be interesting to see if this is true or just a fake plan to throw fanbois off the scent.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

BGWFans has a spotless record when it comes to confirming new rides for Busch Gardens, it's happening whether you want it to or not.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster

Joey said:
I wonder what Kings Dominion will do...
I bet that whatever KD gets, it will be better. But honestly, this coaster will be a good fit for the park in the way that it goes backwards, which will mean it'll be the only coaster in the state that does that. And it does give you a more intense and faster launch then Verbolten.

bmac

Giga Poster

DSCN02221-1024x800.jpg

If you guys really think that BGW can afford "fake" plans then you're really overestimating the amount of money they have to toss around.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ Actually, those weren't fake. They were a revision, as you know, there's a big difference.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Lofty said:
^ Actually, those weren't fake. They were a revision, as you know, there's a big difference.

Revision? Didn't Wardley or someone effectively own up to one of the enthusiast mobs that the 6 odd inversions not seen on the original plans were hidden deliberately (the inverting drops were certainly not on the plans, and a revision would have been posted on the council website)?

Ergo, it would be a set of fake plans, as Towers didn't need to show the entire track, but the high points for permission...

10WaTT

Hyper Poster

CPSFMMCW said:
But honestly, this coaster will be a good fit for the park in the way that it goes backwards, which will mean it'll be the only coaster in the state that does that.

You seem to be forgetting The Mummy and Expedition Everest go backwards also.

Casio

Mega Poster

10WaTT said:
CPSFMMCW said:
But honestly, this coaster will be a good fit for the park in the way that it goes backwards, which will mean it'll be the only coaster in the state that does that.

You seem to be forgetting The Mummy and Expedition Everest go backwards also.

State as in Virginia, not The States. Obviously if he meant The States he would also have overlooked Superman Ultimate Flight

10WaTT

Hyper Poster

I got mixed up with Busch in Florida, oops!

Clues in my name, haha!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Nemesis Inferno said:
Lofty said:

Revision? Didn't Wardley or someone effectively own up to one of the enthusiast mobs that the 6 odd inversions not seen on the original plans were hidden deliberately (the inverting drops were certainly not on the plans, and a revision would have been posted on the council website)?

Ergo, it would be a set of fake plans, as Towers didn't need to show the entire track, but the high points for permission...
Benin's right, they were clearly intentionally faked so that they had all necessary planning info but kept the important stuff secret.

I'd be surprised if a park as reserved as BGW did that, but you've gotta remember that they, like Alton, have a turbulent relationship with the fan community. In fact, Busch seem to care waaaaay more than Merlin do about fans leaking stuff. I hear soooo much drama about it whilst Merlin sort of sit back and accept their fate.

I'm just saying, don't be too surprised. Until it's open, nothing is confirmed these days.

The ride type makes sense though - I mean, Busch have been buying weird cheap **** for years now. Any MAJOR park that buys a Moser tower over an Intamin shouldn't shock us when they go to Premier - another company no one goes to.

bmac

Giga Poster

Joey said:
The ride type makes sense though - I mean, Busch have been buying weird cheap **** for years now. Any MAJOR park that buys a Moser tower over an Intamin shouldn't shock us when they go to Premier - another company no one goes to.

Universal would love a word with you. But I understand the apprehension with Premier. They're a good company and all but they haven't really built any high capacity coasters in their lifetime. I just find it weird that BGW submits plans for an e-ticket coaster that is going to have a lower overall capacity than a kiddie coaster already in the park.