What's new

BGW | Tempesto | Premier Rides Launch Coaster

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: BGW | Tempesto? | Premier Rides Launch Coaster?

Construction is vertical and well underway:

GtomZjz.png

otPfnbb.png

mUWKFmW.png

vEchXEv.png

From: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQkmVHr74vM&list=UUCnG72NjB4Kr0NDAiz-ksaQ

It's defiantly a Premier Superman Clone, and it's going with the same color scheme as Kumba at BGT.

Overall, construction is looking really good! Hopefully I can get to ride it.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

I like the color choice. But they have to be hiding something regarding capacity. The coaster itself wouldn't be a bad choice for the park if it weren't for capacity.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

And we still don't know the name of it...

It is looking very nice at the moment. It would've been cool if part of the ride actually went over/under the lift for Apollo.

Hutch

Strata Poster

^Support system would be a nightmare though!

Like others, I too would've preferred another ride choice. But from what I've heard, aren't these actually a lot of fun? I know it's a clone (but only one on the other side of the country), but I haven't heard anything particularly bad about them.

bmac

Giga Poster

Now that BGW's marketing department is now basically gone don't expect anything major about this ride. Not like this hasn't been the case since ground was broken.

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: BGW | Tempesto? | Premier Rides Launch Coaster

Hey so it's been a while since this thread was updated. Either way here's what you'll need to know.

-Track is totally finished
-Confirmed to be named Tempesto by SEAS in their Q4 earnings statement
-No official announcement has been made yet
-Themed to an Italian Stunt show with the riders as daredevils
-According to Parkfans it will have restraints similar to what TOGO used on Viper @ Six Flags Great Adventure

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I'm still laughing at the lack of official announcement, as if they are embarrassed.

Dar

Hyper Poster

There might finally be an announcement on the 21st!
image_10550.jpg

From TPR

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I can't wait for March 21st to find out what this is!

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

Seriously is there anyone who doesn't already know? Pretty much all enthusiast sites know and a lot of non enthusiasts know because of the enthusiast sites that are pumping out construction news so I can't wait to see this announcement.

Intricks

Strata Poster

This is going to have an OTS styled restraint. Think Thunderbolt, but with a B&M type vest.

At least, that is what has been shown in the concept art from the artist who has worked with the park in the past.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Intricks said:
This is going to have an OTS styled restraint. Think Thunderbolt, but with a B&M type vest.

At least, that is what has been shown in the concept art from the artist who has worked with the park in the past.
This is a clone of Superman and SkyScream, why would they change the trains just for this?

Intricks

Strata Poster

I honestly couldnt even begin to understand why they are soing something that odd for their park. It could be the hangtime, it could be that its just the park wanting to be safer.

While concept art is never always a definitive to go by, the fact that is was done by the person who has worked with the park in the past and that the concept/promotional art itself matches up a bit with the tease released says something.

Granted, this could have been earlier artwork before the final decisions were all made. Let me see dig up the photo again.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Tempesto-blog.jpg

This also could mean a differently designed train as well.

We should find out everything come the 21st, but even know people have been stating that the trains are alreasy on-site (which they should have been, but maybe folks finally found them?).

I honestly just dont get the move. Its odd, but a lot of people have been optimistic about this as it could technically get rid of the seat belts and the leg/ankle brace things.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Over the shoulders for t3h safety because were Busch gardens and were safe!

Bet loading sucks. Bet capacity sucks. Hope the queue is a million hours long so I can point and laugh in that hahaha why does no one who works in attractions industries HAVE ANY COMMON SENSE.

But yeah this looks fun either way.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

In my opinion OTSRs make hang time worse and I don't remember seat belts in Sky Scream, so I definitely think this is a bad thing.