What's new

"Anubis" - Gerstlauer Launch for Plopsaland

Emmett

Giga Poster
I wonder are they getting confused with the opening date of the park for 2009 which is the 5th of April because there is no way they are going to have that open by then. Could be much further into 2009 at that.

Just hope it is this year as I really want to visit Plopsaland.

A

Anonymous

ive been plopsa land and to be honest its pretty crapy but with this new ride its going to be nice! Also if your planning on going no one speaks any english so just nod when the ride ends and they will let you go around again!

Tomatron

Giga Poster
cordy said:
ive been plopsa land and to be honest its pretty crapy but with this new ride its going to be nice! Also if your planning on going no one speaks any english so just nod when the ride ends and they will let you go around again!

Thats because it's in Belgium.

Thanks for pointing out the bleeding obvious.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
captainobvious.jpg

I can't believe how ignorant some people are! :lol:

Emmett

Giga Poster
^Same here never had any problems with English in Belgium. They spoke excellent English at both Bobbejaanland and Walibi.

And cordy, I've heard nothing but good things about Plopsaland so even without this new coaster I would still want to visit.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, Plopsaland is a great park. Really well themed. There's no denying it's a family park, but, alas, it's a great one.

And they speak fine English. Not that you really need to communicate that often other than to say how many of you there are, or to go "coke, one". They're not idiots, they're just not English...

marc

CF Legend
And anyway I think its rather rude that we expect people to speak English in other countries, yes it would make it easier but we just assume everyone speaks it.

I admit I am bad, but that is because I have enough problems speaking and writing in English so I could never pick up German or French.

9 out of 10 times though as Ben said you can get away with stuff, I tend to find I use fingers to count or point at things I want. And having been to France, Belgium, Italy, Spain and Germany I have never had a problem tbh.

Anyway enough of that lol.

I will probably pop over when the ride is open as for me its a day out and one that I really enjoyed last time I went, and its great to get out the country for a day.

A

Anonymous

The station and the queues will be a replica of the house used in the series. And if it'll be open in April is the question, because the process of building might have got some delay because of the cold here, which made it difficult to work.
According to the newspapers, it's still going to open:
'De attractie zal normaal klaar zijn om te proefdraaien bij de opening van het nieuwe seizoen, op zaterdag 4 april. Half mei gaat hij officieel open". Translated in English: The ride should normally be ready to run testdrives at the opening of the new season, on April 4. Half May it'll open officially.

A

Anonymous

-lofty- said:
Thats goiod news, just wishing for some new pictures to come thorugh!

Me too, we'll probably see some new pictures soon, because apparently the (some of the) track(s) are arriving this week.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
WAIT!

Is this ride the same style as Fluch Von Norgorod?

I have a feeling this going be another one of these Gerstlauer dark horses.

A

Anonymous

^ I'm pretty sure that this will be more like Lynet at Fårup Sommerland, with just a Launch and 6 seat cars.
And Lynet is ace.

Dave

CF Legend
The layout is floating around already. Its got 2 inversions and a top hat to it. Looks very interesting :D

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
Blue really is the colour this year, and that's a particularly nice shade. Good to see they've left they old trees in too and created a bit of an avenue for the coaster to run through, hopefully that'll create a cool effect on-ride.

Emmett

Giga Poster
^Fantastic, really looking forward to seeing this coaster shape up and it seems to be really coming along now.

The station building looks amazing and the broken brick work is a nice touch.

Along with i-Speed and Fluch this looks another great coaster for 2009.