What's new

"Anubis" - Gerstlauer Launch for Plopsaland

A

Anonymous

^ But FvN also have a lift, and the other launches don't.

Comparing the 2 cars, then the Eurofighter is much shorter allowing it to handle the tight radius that is associated with a EF lift-hill, but why they don't use the same trains on the "normal" launcher is beyond me, they are really nice though and they give a great view in all rows.

Dave

CF Legend
Plus most of the Launch Coaster have a top hat, which the Eurofighter would give a lot of lats on the sides, so a 2 seat configuration works out better.

A

Anonymous

Test ride!!

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8nAxYsQT-rQ[/youtube]

This one almost looks better then Lynet. The launch and top-hat is ace!!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow, the launch into the top hat looking bit looks so slick.

A trip to Plopsaland is in order this year (with a side mission to pick up some cheap tobacco).

marc

CF Legend
Yep looks great. Good pace and flows well, I like the park anyway.

A trip in the summer would be good though as I know a nice beach and bars about 15 mins down the road from the park. I might make a weekend of it just to get away for a few days,

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
loefet said:
This one almost looks better then Lynet.

Definitely does to me!

I think the top hat - dive loop - twisty hill - immelmann combination looks awesome. 2009 seems to be the 'very interesting-looking LSM coasters in Europe' year!

premal944

Roller Poster
Someone posted a POV on youtube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve2Etsv6wSA&feature=related[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

Not much airtime except for the top-hat, but a good short ride anyway.

When I saw the preview picture on the youtube window it almost looked like Blue Fire :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Am I the only one that thinks it doesn't look as good as I thought it would be?
There doesn't seem to be as much airtime as I thought and after the top hat the track seem to not know where it wants to go be before it straightens up for the inline.

Ben

CF Legend
It looks OK...

Would probably more interesting if it was built by a company who have a clue.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
southend_marc said:
That is going to hurt over the top hat, and that inline is going to give hang time.
Oh great, I hate slow inversions!

Ben said:
Would probably more interesting if it was built by a company who have a clue.
I'm really looking forward to Fluch von Novgorod making you stop whining about Gerstlauer Ben :roll:.