What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Tbh, i think this merely comes from Alton realising that they can actually build a coaster and for once the council are fully agreed upon. Basically saying sod yah to the residents where it states that it cannot be seen past the estate grounds and also the noise is very low. So hopefully this goes ahead, because tbh it is very much needed!!!

A

Anonymous

I'm sure if Alton say for E.G, happend to build say a Hyper Coaster. It would get more people into Alton, then it would have a chain effect on Local Buisnesses aswell, so it would be a good thing more than a bad one. Come on residence of Alton. its not exactly like the park drives at 100mph blaring loud basy music outisde evernight does it? You can hardly here anything even when your on towers street amyway.

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
^ Yeah, that's what everyone seems to be saying, but I guess the Alton residents are just too stubborn to believe that :(

A

Anonymous

But from Towers street you can hear Nemesis raw, Oblivion dropping into the hole.
And on some occasions the ducks from the flume music! :)

Ollie

CF Legend
It doesn't matter where you can hear things. Don't forget that Alton is built on a hill so things will echo. Yes you probably can't hear them from Towers Street but I have been several places outside the park about a mile away and you can hear the rides quite clearly.

marc

CF Legend
I can hear cars drive past my flat and planes fly over my flat should I ask them to do this else where then?

Or tell that person talking out side to shut up?

At the end of the day its a theme park, there will always be some sound. The theme park brings money to the area and creates job, what would the area be like without Alton Towers? Well there would no hotels, no b and b's etc so less money for the area.

I can also hear Rage on a windy day and do people here complain nope.

Crow

Mega Poster
southend_marc said:
what would the area be like without Alton Towers? Well there would no hotels, no b and b's etc so less money for the area.

Alton Towers is not the only reason people travel there. There is loads of natural beauty in the peak district which has always brought money, and the need for hotels and B&Bs to that area.

marc

CF Legend
Ok its not the only reason but take away Alton Towers and watch how many businesses fail thats what I am saying.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Crow said:
southend_marc said:
what would the area be like without Alton Towers? Well there would no hotels, no b and b's etc so less money for the area.

Alton Towers is not the only reason people travel there. There is loads of natural beauty in the peak district which has always brought money, and the need for hotels and B&Bs to that area.

But how many people wouldn't have discovered that area if it wasn't for Alton Towers?!

Crow

Mega Poster
Pierre said:
But how many people wouldn't have discovered that area if it wasn't for Alton Towers?!

I know its strange, but there are lots people who would prefer to hike then visit a theme park. Weirdos.

nealbie

CF Legend
I think it could be made quite simple really... Anyone who moved to the area after the theme park was opened, should be unable to have any say in what goes on inside the park :wink:

Pierre

Strata Poster
Crow said:
Pierre said:

I know its strange, but there are lots people who would prefer to hike then visit a theme park. Weirdos.

Totally missed the point.

What I'm saying is these "weird" people who prefer to hike may not have been alerted to the beautiful landscapes around that area if none of the millions of people driving by it on the way to Alton Towers had noticed it.

AT gets the area a lot of recognition.

Crow

Mega Poster
Pierre said:
Pierre said:

Crow said:

Totally missed the point.

What I'm saying is these "weird" people who prefer to hike may not have been alerted to the beautiful landscapes around that area if none of the millions of people driving by it on the way to Alton Towers had noticed it.

AT gets the area a lot of recognition.

Are you seriously saying the Peak District is unkown? Most people who are not hikers know of it. However I will admit that Alton Towers does bring lots of young people to the area. My point is, if Alton Towers were to close there will always be tourists who enjoy hiking, sight seeing, ect...

I reckon there are probably twice as many visits to the peak district for the nature then there are to Alton Towers every day. So the B&Bs/Hotels will always have customers.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Where the **** did I say its unknown?

Of course people are going to know of it, but Alton Towers will definitely boost tourism in the area. The area is widely known for Alton Towers alone, theres no real point in arguing about whether it would survive without Alton Towers as theres no solid evidence to support either case (not to mention its off topic).

marc

CF Legend
They were private grounds anyway so people were not able to just go walking round the grounds.

Yes there is a lot of nature and walks round there and still are, but now you get what 10 million people? Without Alton Towers you would probably get what 100,000 people maybe I dont know the true figures.

At the end of the day hundreds of people have jobs that would not without Alton Towers.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I agree with Marc and Pierre.

Alton brings in business. Yes, Alton is near places of natural beauty, but not everyone wants that. I'd say more people visit the area for Alton, than they do for the Peak district.

Status
Not open for further replies.