Status
Not open for further replies.

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster
Crow said:
coasteraddict10 said:
the peak district isn't realy anywhere near Alton towers

untitled.jpg

As seen in the picture it is a small driving distance to get to the peak district from Alton.

And what's the scale of that map? lol a SMALL driving distance it's at least 30-60 minutes drive...that's not small.

-CA

Crow

Mega Poster
I've decided to remove myself from this arguement because it isn't fair on all of those who don't want to read it.

Not to mention its making these forums less fun for myself which is what this should really be about.

However if you would like to continue this please feel free to PM me.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
i stayed in the peaks and it took 20mins to drive to Alton.

Good news on Grape Wizards post. Or potentially bad news... but news none the less.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Crow said:
Joey said:
...What Pierre blatantly meant was many people wouldn't have discovered the area FOR THEMSELVES and realised they WANTED TO GO THERE FOR OTHER REASONS BESIDE ALTON TOWERS.

YES. I CAN USE CAPITALS AS WELL. Please, can we use some sort of forum etiquette. Using capitals generally if the internet equivalent of shouting which is rude and unnecessary.
I will continue to shout at you all the while you insist to formulate nonsense arguments.

I don't quite understand where you got the crap about the peak district and twisted Pierre's words to fit. Is it actually THAT close? I've never seen a single sign for it on the way to Alton. Probably because the Peak District is north of Alton, and I, LIKE THE MAJORITY OF VISITORS come to Alton via the south.

I twisted nobody's words. Maybe I have misunderstood what piere was trying to say. Thats very possible but I am extremely offended that you are suggesting I would do that. I dont know how many ways you can take a comment like this:

The area is widely known for Alton Towers alone

It suggests that people only travel to this area for Alton Towers. When I think that more people travel to the area for the peak district. I dont see how I have 'twisted' anyone's words.

I live in Kent (which is in the south). That does not mean that I do not visit anything north of Alton Towers. The peak district is not far north of and you can easily visit them at anytime from Alton or surrounding villages.
Don't be rediculous, you're not offended. Your "I'm the better person" talk isn't working because you've already made a fool of yourself.

The Peak District is too far north of Alton to be relevent to the point being made. The point was that people, because of visiting Alton Towers, discover things about the surounding area and contribute to it's tourism. (Since you were so offended by me shouting at you to make sure you didn't miss the point, here I underlined it in a patronising manner. Hope that's better.) This is an undeniable fact. I would not consider the Peak District to be the local area, maybe I'm alone in this thought? But If I'm not, then the area is indeed known for Alton Towers alone. My point is that most visitors coming to Alton do not come anywhere near Peak District or any signs towards it, so it cannot be that local (or important). The town of Alton, it's businesses and it's residence that benefit from Alton Towers, which is why Pierre made the comment. These businesses (pubs, B&Bs, etc) wouldn't get half as much income, or even exist, without the towers. People wouldn't stay in Alton to go to the Peak District. Do you understand why the Peak District is irelevent?

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster
Joey said:
The Peak District is too far north of Alton to be relevent to the point being made. The point was that people, because of visiting Alton Towers, discover things about the surounding area and contribute to it's tourism. (Since you were so offended by me shouting at you to make sure you didn't miss the point, here I underlined it in a patronising manner. Hope that's better.) This is an undeniable fact. I would not consider the Peak District to be the local area, maybe I'm alone in this thought? But If I'm not, then the area is indeed known for Alton Towers alone. My point is that most visitors coming to Alton do not come anywhere near Peak District or any signs towards it, so it cannot be that local (or important). The town of Alton, it's businesses and it's residence that benefit from Alton Towers, which is why Pierre made the comment. These businesses (pubs, B&Bs, etc) wouldn't get half as much income, or even exist, without the towers. People wouldn't stay in Alton to go to the Peak District. Do you understand why the Peak District is irelevent?

I'm on YOUR side....

Alton towers should get a mega light/extend rita and make it a blitz coaster...

-CA

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Can we just discuss Alton now and the rumours and stuffs please Joey?

Rach

Giga Poster
2010 coaster has been approved.

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/

TT said:
2010 Rollercoaster Approved!
Alton Towers new rollercoaster for the 2010 season has been approved, just minutes ago, by Staffordshire Moorlands District Council. The ride, which will replace the Corkscrew, is dubbed to have world first features and has been codenamed "Secret Weapon Six".

More news as we get it.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Hooray, good news today to counteract the constant flow of bad from the Saw topic. No mention of any revisions to the plans, so i guess it's everything back on track.

spicy

Giga Poster
Thats good, wonder what Alton had to do in order to get it approved though, there's bound to be a catch.

I know the station building has already been dramatically down sized.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
From what we've seen from plans so far, it doesn't look worthy of the Secrete Weapon name. Lets see if they can pull something quite hardcore out of a ride that looks geared for kids.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think "Dramatically Downsized" is something of an exageration. It's been changed, but not by such a great deal...

Anyway, good news. Should think about starting a construction topic...

A

Anonymous

I have heard that Alton will fund £50,000 to help traffic flow, this doesn't automatically mean the relief road. Maybe the council will put the rest of the money in for the relief road. But it could just mean traffic signals to help the flow through the village etc who knows.

A

Anonymous

NEWS!!

Just this afternoon it has been confirmed that Alton Towers WILL be getting a new rollercoaster in 2010. This is great news, and now we can all get excited without worrying whether planning will be approved or not :)

News from Towers Times homepage

EDIT

woops. didn't see it had already been posted. completely missed p 117

Status
Not open for further replies.