What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach

Giga Poster
Camera in hand yesterday, I went around taking photos of all the new stuff.

The monorail station at the actual entrance to the park has had a new coat of paint. White walls and purple handrails. Looks a lot cleaner.

Both KFC and Pizza Hut are defiantly going in both X Sector and Katanga Canyon. The windows in the one in X Sector have been scrubbed white and there is evidence in the one in Katanga Canyon that they are replacing the stuff inside. The windows here are also blacked out.

2132_4866815030089511915_4939_n.jpg

2132_4866815030089512002_6223_n.jpg

2132_4866815030089512003_6563_n.jpg

Next, you can now walk right up to the entrance of the black hole tent. They have cleaned the area up a bit. We tried to look inside, but couldn't see anything under a little gap.

2132_4866815030089511922_7479_n.jpg

Sky ride now.
The cars are slowly being fed onto the track. They actually don't look too bad and they look as if you can fit around 8-10 people per car. They are re doing the platforms as well in the station. There is evidence of new wood cut to size and also lots of new parts for the thing itself.

2132_4866815030089512834_9299_n.jpg

2132_4866815030089512838_802_n.jpg

2132_4866815030089512839_1150_n.jpg

Now for Ug Land.

Rita is clearly the only thing in Ug Land now apart from the odd game or two. From across the valley, you used to be able to see Ug Swingers. That's moved home.

Standing at the gate blocking Ug Land off (just by Bar and Grill) is a truly awful site. Rita looks huge without Corkscrew behind it.

2132_4866815030089511973_7232_n.jpg

2132_4866815030089511971_6929_n.jpg

2132_4866815030089511977_7841_n.jpg

Sharkbait Reef is looking great as well. I had to lol on the Monorail on the way back when I see a blue load in the car park with '4 SEALIFE' wrote on it in paint.

2132_4866815030089511995_3825_n.jpg

I think that may be all update wise.

Edit: I've just remembered that the price to park your car now as risen to £5!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Something I did notice today was two new fenced areas around the last corner of the monorail being constructed. Do we think that this could be the location for the memorial Corkscrews?

By the way, great pictures Rach. Thanks for that. :)

How do we think a petition to approve SW6 would go? :wink:

Ollie

CF Legend
Not sure if this has already been posted or not but some guy interviewed some of the residents to find out what they though about the new coaster and if they want it to be built or not.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OlLJgXveQw&feature=related[/youtube]

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Sound like they are reading from a script, and obviously ill-informed, it's a replacement, so it wont bring in that much more traffic, they say 100,000 like it's a day. Through the village is not the only way to the park.

Can't believe they still charge extra for Rita fast pass and have not added Spinball to Adventurer rass.

Nice to see a new unlimited fastpass.

Atleast it proves Nemesis will be opening, despite all the scaremongering on here the other week.

A

Anonymous

Also that part of his video was not recorded by him self!
Iv seen that on a news website somewhere!

A

Anonymous

As most of you know Alton was getting rid of Pizza Hut and KFC,
well Pizza Hut and KFC has been removed in Katanga for Pizza and Pasta Buffet, supposidly an in house brand, same as Legoland.
Pizza Hut has been removed from X-Sector, but has been made into one big KFC. :)

So KFC hasn't fully left yet, this got me wondering again, is there no chance what so ever that this Pizza/Pasta buffet could be Pizza Hut?

Probably not I guess.

Mark

Strata Poster
I believe they are basically getting rid of the majority of the franchises unfortunately. I think the intention will be to have in-house yet similar replacements in all areas. At the moment I wouldn't hold any breath about KFC remaining...

Goodbye affordable, reliable, consistent-quality food such as KFC/pizza hut; hello over priced, under portioned, merely standard quality food such as what they have on offer at Legoland. IE Hot Dogs: the really poor frankfurter type and if you want onions we will charge 30p for them and they turn out to be the horrid freeze pack dried out kind! VILE!

A

Anonymous

KFC is remaining Mark, there is new signs within the X-Sector building showing that.
From what people over on TTF have said.
The new signs read: another prestigious development for KFC

So looks like KFC is staying at Alton for another year, yet at Chessington they are changing KFC to a chicken company.

Merlin must still have the franchise as they are keeping KFC/Pizza Slut at thorpe?

marc

CF Legend
What a mess, why include the hotels in the park map they are not included on the park entrence fee.

Sorry I really dont like it at all.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^They've had that on the maps for a while though now havn't they?

There don't appear to be any area names on it either. I can't say its great, just too jumbled up.

Ben

CF Legend
^Yeah, I've got a 1997 map showing the first hotel :p

I agree though, it's very squashed and confusing. I don't like it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It looks a lot like some of the older maps used to.

The one thing that stands out for me is the lack of major naming on the "lands". It looks like they're trying to merge Rita into Cloud Cuckoo Land too (maybe it's because it claims Rita is a good ride, so Cloud Cuckoo Land is where THAT idea belongs :p ).

The hotels have been on for ages, but it's been particularly prevalent in the last few years as they push this "resort" idea. They're trying to get attendance into the hotels and water park, so having them so big on the map kind of makes punters more aware of them. I can't see it working much due to the high cost of the hotels, but it's a try at something I suppose.

But what about the hints of what's to come?

Oblivion Floorless? Surely that means it will get new trains for next year? And Rita goes into the turn left, not right! They're retracking for the new ride!!! ZOMG!!!!!1111111

spicy

Giga Poster
I can see what people are saying about the map it does look like a bit of a mess.

They have made the hotels really big on this map, like Furie said to try and make people more aware of them but if you didn't know any better you would think that Nemesis was literally on the lawn of the hotels :lol:

And apparently the valley is like non-existant on the map, its tiny.

I actually really like it though, I think its fun but if I didn't already know my way around the park I don't think it would help me too much.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Why do they still class Blade in the same category as Nemesis, Oblivion and Air? Surely that should be under Laughs and frights, rather than Big rides? They should have included area names, to make navigating the park and using the map easier, but it's not too bad, looks a lot like an older map.

Status
Not open for further replies.