What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Mega Poster
Blaze said:
They should have included area names, to make navigating the park and using the map easier, but it's not too bad, looks a lot like an older map.

Last year's map which appeared in the sun didn't have the area names either however when it came to the official map they were included.

I'm hoping Alton Towers will repeat this. :--D

Slash

Giga Poster
Alton's map is always a mess, they just make really big pictures then go... Oh, we haven't got a lot of room have we?

And Furie, look at Nemesis, it looks as if its got a batwing... ZOMG RETRACKING ALL TER RIDZ!!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I love the map. I liked last years because it finally felt like Alton Towers again, and this one is an improvement mostly because of sky colours.

For Alton, getting a map that both looks like Alton, is understandable and aesthetically pleasing has clearly been an issue.

Martyn B

CF Legend
So is Rita now the only ride in Ug-Land? and is it really £36 each to enter?

Also are the franchised restraunts staying, unlike Chessie? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^ The Katanga KFC/Pizza Hut are gone. They will now be in house stuff.

Im pretty sure the X-Sector Restraunt is now just KFC?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn B said:

Yes, but I suspect that they'll either try to integrate it into Cloud cuckoo Land (about right), or just lump it for a season.

Martyn B said:
Also are the franchised restraunts staying, unlike Chessie? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

BK is staying, and apparently KFC is taking up the entire X-Sector diner. Other than that, it's all in-house (except maybe Eastern Express - that's up in the air but I hope it stays).

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:

So the removal of one ride means the price should steeply drop? Or do you mean that the organisation of rides should affect the price? Also, it will only be on it's own for this year anyway, and they know people will pay the price, so why should they change it only to put it up again in 12 months time.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Plus the fact that by summer the streets are literally littered with vouchers, whether on crisp packets or drinks bottles. I doubt very much any sane person pays full price to get into Alton Towers.

Ug Land is going to seem to bare this year, it's going to be so wierd!

Also, about the X Sector diner, it really did look like it was going to be left unused for this season. All the windows were whited out and stuff....

Either that or they have a really wierd decor plan.

Ben

CF Legend
Rush said:
I wouldn't exactly call Mutiny Bay a 'minor' development.

I walked through it the first time and only after went "Huh, wait, that was Mutiny Bay, wasn't it?"

Seemed a bit minor to me :wink:

tks

Strata Poster
It looks alot better than that god awful Habbo Hotel rip-off map they did a couple of years ago. Not sure about last years since I didn't go there.. I think.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Blaze said:
Martyn B said:

So the removal of one ride means the price should steeply drop? Or do you mean that the organisation of rides should affect the price? Also, it will only be on it's own for this year anyway, and they know people will pay the price, so why should they change it only to put it up again in 12 months time.

Sorry, they were ment to be 2 completely different questions.

I'm just a bit surprised at the price as it used to go up by the odd pound here and there, but £4 is quite an increase IMO.

Ug land will be so odd this year with just one ride, do they intend on replacing Ug-Swinger or just leaving it until a new coaster comes?

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
2010 Coaster Set To Be Approved... Again Friday 6th March 2009 - The submitted plans for the Corkscrew replacement coaster were delayed last month, due to the submission of 39 letters of objection from the local community, as reported here. The decision was made to delay the approval so that the Staffordshire Moorlands District Council planners could have more time to investigate the concerns raised in the objections.

Since then the number of objections lodged has increased to 96 with many other residents lodging their complaints. The council planners are expected to meet next Thursday where the planning officers have recommneded that the plans be approved. The additional report ha stated that there will be no visual impact outside of the estate and that any noise generated by the new attraction will be negligible.

Alton Towers are said to be pleased that the reports findings have remained in line with the initial investigation which had also been recommended for approval. Check back for confirmation that the plans have received final approval, in the coming weeks.
http://www.towersnerd.com/news/item.php?id=143

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, it IS new news, but it doesn't actually offer anything more than what we had three weeks ago... :(

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
aye i know, but its looks like a small little light at the end of the tunnel (fingers crossed) just got to sit on our hands and wait.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's just three weeks ago - "recommended for approval" - delayed.

Now - "recommended for approval" - whinging gits appeased.

Nothing has really changed, except that it looks like the council have done more work (in reality, I'll bet they've not done anything other than cover theirs (and Altons) back a little more).

Status
Not open for further replies.