What's new

Your Number 0 Coaster.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
No doubt mine would be Revenge of the Mummy dearest at Universal Singapore. I did go and write another full love letter to it after re-riding for the umpteenth time this year.

It also fits the multiple trains of thought for this topic, like the fact it was a previous #1 and got me into the hobby in the biggest way, as well as being very hard to rank against any pure coaster experience - because it's not about that.

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
Mine is probably Raging Bull. It's got some great sentimental value being the coaster that got me into riding coasters. I would like to give a shout out to Viper at Great America though. Might be my most ridden coaster because of how much I rode it when I was younger.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I guess it's always Nemesis then. Nothing has ever made me feel the way Nemesis did when I finally rode it.

I remember, just as I was getting into coasters and whatnot as a kid without the means or budget to travel, seeing Nemesis in RCT on the Alton scenario. Wtf, this thing is UNDER the track with big, beefy 4 across seating. I remember seeing adverts back in '94 of this thing the likes of which had never been seen in the UK before.

I remember my last ride on it in 2022 as it hit that helix.

There have been many number ones, but there's only one Nemesis.

witchfinder

Giga Poster
Nemesis for me too. I was 18 when it opened and I probably lost interest in seriously visiting theme parks a few years after that, but it would always be my go-to ride on any trip to Alton Towers and when I got back into coasters and theme parks in 2014 I still hadn't ridden anything I thought was better. Over the last few years the likes of Taron, SteVe and Shambhala have inevitably pushed it down the rankings, but it's still there in my Top 10 and it will be a sad day if it ever drops out.

Last year I had ranked a couple of new creds I'd ridden above it, but then I went back to ride it at the end of last season and said "nope, those coasters weren't better after all" and moved it up again :D

Sandman

Giga Poster
Texas Tornado at Frontierland Morecambe.

One of my earliest memories was my mother parking up to do her weekly Morrison’s shop and me sitting in the car patiently. All of a sudden, to my left I saw a train load of screaming riders whizz past and up an airtime hill (for those unaware, the ride and park was adjacent to a Morrison’s supermarket). I was astounded and ever so curious. Not long after, my Dad took me and my sisters to Frontierland and I decided to ride on the backwards car!

I remember the excitement of traipsing through what was a busy western themed park at the time and wondering why on Earth I hadn’t been sooner. It was literally on my doorstep after all.

Almost 30 years later and it’s still quite surreal to think we had such a thing literally around the corner from us. But it all started there for me, on what is essentially a barren wasteland now.