What's new

Your Favourite Film?

nadroJ

CF Legend
*Kane.

And urgh, that film. I can see why it's seen as great because it is quite beautiful to watch, but it just goes ON and ON and URGH.

tks

Strata Poster
Pan's Labyrinth, Amelie, Belleville Rendez-Vous, Spirited Away, Stardust, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Sunshine (Danny Boyle one), Sunflower. Films I would gladly watch over and over and over. And do.

Special has to go to Studio Ghibli.
Nausicaa, Porco Rosso, Laputa, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbour Totoro, Grave of the Fireflies (bit emotional for a childrens animation really!!), Spirited Away, Ponyo.
Pretty sure i'm fluent in Japanese from watching them all.

kimahri

CF Legend
( ゚∀゚)o彡゜えーりん!えーりん!助けてえーりん!

Studio Ghibli <3... no... <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3. Still not enough.

Still trying to collect them all. Missing Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery service, My neighbors the yamadas and not many others actually. I think It's just Porco Rosso and Kiki's that I'm missing by Hayao Miyazaki.

Speaking of Studio Ghibli but not, Summer Wars is **** amazing. I've only watched it once so I can't label it as one of my favorites but it is actually **** amazing.

Ooh I left out Pan's Labyrinth by accident. I watched it and was absolutely shocked at the subject matter in comparison to my preliminary expectations.

Neal, Lion King is a great movie and I love it very much, I just don't tend to include cartoons and stuff in my tops, otherwise Monster's Inc would undoubtedly be there.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
My absolute number one favourite film has to be Inception I saw it four times in the cinema, which I would never normally do for any film. I just love it!

I have lots of films that I class as some of my favourites though, too many to even list now lol

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Intricks said:
... and Lola Rennt.
What a great choice. That & "Nine Queens" are two of my favorite crime twist films.

Great list there tkts! I really like them all.

Number 1 on my list has to be Wim Wender's "Wings Of Desire". I know. Nobody's even heard of it, but no other movie has made me feel the way it did after leaving the cinema. I felt like there were angels looking over my shoulder for weeks after the first time I saw it & still get that feeling every time I view it.

Next up would probably "City Of God". A riveting piece of film making. Absolutely brilliant!

Third would be Ikiru (aka "To Live"). I love Akira Kurosawa, but this one is just so different from all his others (Seven Samurai, Rashomon, Yojimbo, Ran, etc.). No action whatsoever, but again, what a great feeling it gives you after watching it.

"The Twilight Samurai" just beats out "Oldboy" to round out my top 5. Completely different films, of course. The first is storytelling at it's finest & the latter is simply Bru-TAL!

Colossus

Giga Poster
My favorite would have to be The Godfather (just the first one), its the only film I have seen where I really love every character in the film, not to mention the plot, music, setting. Its one of the only films I can watch over and over again.
Others include...
Escape from Alcatraz
Drop Dead Fred
Gran Torino
The Blindside
Demolition Man
Pirates of the Caribbean (All)
Lord of the Rings (All)

jokerman

Giga Poster
I never really had a favourite film, but just recently when people have asked me I've been saying In The LOOP. Very clever film and I could watch it over and over again.

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't have an all time favourite film. I usually say it's Fight Club as I love that film but I have a few favourites that I find it hard to put in order. Others include:

Kick-Ass
How to Train Your Dragon
The Fall
American Psycho
Rec
Hot Fuzz
Click
Happy Gilmore

Love all those films.

Also an additional note. Blair Witch Project is ****. **** all this rubbish about 'atmosphere'. When I watched it it was 1am and I was watching it by myself in a tent (my girlfriend at the time didn't want to watch it so was asleep) and I was so bored as nothing happened and the characters were annoying.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ollie said:
When I watched it it was 1am and I was watching it by myself in a tent (my girlfriend at the time didn't want to watch it so was asleep) and I was so bored as nothing happened and the characters were annoying.
You cannot be serious...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex

:roll:

tks

Strata Poster
kimahri said:
Still trying to collect them all. Missing Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery service, My neighbors the yamadas and not many others actually. I think It's just Porco Rosso and Kiki's that I'm missing by Hayao Miyazaki.

I got most of mine from Play.com they have them all! Got 1-17 lined up in a row. :)

164180_537772061050_272901060_1796816_3453676_n.jpg

I think Totoro & Tales from Earthsea are missing there actually.. And two copies of Spirited Away due to one breaking from overuse <3

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Interesting selection of films that people have as their 'favourites'. Mine are (in reverse order):

22) One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
21) Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
20) Saving Private Ryan (1998)
19) 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
18) City of God (2002)
17) Being John Malkovich (199)
16) Taxi Driver (1976)
15) American History X (1998)
14) Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
13) The Sixth Sense (1999)
12) Big Fish (2003)
11) The Green Mile (1999)
10) Citizen Kane (1941)
9) The Truman Show (1998)
8) A Clockwork Orange (1971)
7) Back to the Future (1985)
6) Shaun of the Dead (2004)
5) American Beauty (1999)
4) Fight Club (1999)
4) Forrest Gump (1994)
3) The Shining (1980)
2) The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
1) Inception (2010)

I could add a plethora more but I could never figure out where to place them after the 22 listed above. And Lord knows how many films I have yet to see which'll end up somewhere in that list - The Godfather springs to mind as one of them.

And then ontop of that I can add films like Superbad, Juno, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Beavis and Butthead Do America... those kinds of films I could watch any day and have watched multiple times. I guess they're my true 'favourites'.

RCF

Strata Poster
In no particular order:

Airplane!
Forrest Gump
Gran Torino
We Were Soldiers
Full Metal Jacket
Lion King
Harry Potter (all of them)
A Hard Days Night
Help!

and my favorite movie of all time, no matter what

The Dark Knight

kimahri

CF Legend
tks said:
I got most of mine from Play.com they have them all! Got 1-17 lined up in a row. :)

164180_537772061050_272901060_1796816_3453676_n.jpg

I think Totoro & Tales from Earthsea are missing there actually.. And two copies of Spirited Away due to one breaking from overuse <3

<3

nadroJ

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:
Interesting selection of films that people have as their 'favourites'. Mine are (in reverse order):

22) One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
21) Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
20) Saving Private Ryan (1998)
19) 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
18) City of God (2002)
17) Being John Malkovich (199)
16) Taxi Driver (1976)
15) American History X (1998)
14) Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
13) The Sixth Sense (1999)
12) Big Fish (2003)
11) The Green Mile (1999)
10) Citizen Kane (1941)
9) The Truman Show (1998)
8) A Clockwork Orange (1971)
7) Back to the Future (1985)
6) Shaun of the Dead (2004)
5) American Beauty (1999)
4) Fight Club (1999)
4) Forrest Gump (1994)
3) The Shining (1980)
2) The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
1) Inception (2010)

I could add a plethora more but I could never figure out where to place them after the 22 listed above. And Lord knows how many films I have yet to see which'll end up somewhere in that list - The Godfather springs to mind as one of them.

And then ontop of that I can add films like Superbad, Juno, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Beavis and Butthead Do America... those kinds of films I could watch any day and have watched multiple times. I guess they're my true 'favourites'.

I know it's each to their own, etc, but that is the most generic 'favourite film' list I've ever seen. I know these films are well loved for a reason, but sometimes I just wish people would think outside the box. But of course, like I said, it's all opinion.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I've got a few..

Natural Born Killers
Blue Velvet
Lost In Translation
La Haine
City of God
The Usual Suspects
Airplane!
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Brewster's Millions
Fever Pitch (Colin Firth & Ruth Gemmell)

tks

Strata Poster
Ben said:
9's missing Edmund, it does my OCD in <//3

If you paid closer attention you would see 15 is also missing :p

I would get a picture of the complete set, but i've left my phone at work </3