What's new

Worst theming attempts

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
GuyWithAStick said:
27ba4570c667a5813dcae212388b2660.jpg

From The Underground at Adventureland. Literally sounds like a typewriter. The rest of the ride is also pretty shoddy.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk
THIS.

This thing had everyone, not just my group, laughing and staring in awe.

Magic.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It looks to me like they were in the process of building some theming, and for whatever reason stopped after the main structures were built.

That or it's actually exactly what they planned...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Well spotted by Sue. I didn't catch that at all and was wondering what the f**k it was. But yeah, it's Happy Valley Shenzhen's before the themeing was added:

SAM_0627_zpsy4ezxiq0.jpg

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Actually, I think they've removed some of the theming recently. This is a photo I took last week that shows all the fab brutilism!

488e2dd282d1defd2b56f9e640004241.jpg

The park seem to be changing a few things what with this, removing the spinner and with the new ice theme in the kiddie area (I say new, I haven't actually been for 4 years but it's new since then. I think Gavin did tell me more but I've a brain like a sieve, sorry hun).

Trip report to come when I get five minutes.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I actually like it. I know it's not the deliberate aesthetic but wouldn't it be cool if there were more coasters that were themed to really obscure ideas like an architectural movement. Ha

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Guess this counts as theming and it's too funny not to post anyway. Movieland Park in Italy spares no expense with its ride op uniform budget, they'll stop at nothing to make you believe you've walked right into the movies.

dcf5c0e20af4c324e098f6ddd074cbe5.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Well done Sue. I was about to shoot you down for being stupid because when i was there it had the themeing Gavin posted. I assume they are rethemeing it to fit with the Himalaya theme Bullet Coaster has?

As a side note.. This is the only coaster I've seen someone vomit on. :p

Last edited: