What's new

Worst coasters you've ridden (Bottom 5/10)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
720 - Mean Streak - Cedar Point - The original **** cred, only just worse than thunderbolt, was constant pain/juddering all the way round
Interesting to see that the very worst coaster you've ridden was rebuilt into the very best, if the Top 10 in your signature is still accurate.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Coaster Express- Parque Warner Madrid (painful and boring)
Goudrix- Parc Asterix (vile transitions, janky as hell)
Tonnerre 2 Zeus- Parc Asterix (an actual war crime)
Infusion- BPB (no explanation needed)
Viking Coaster- Energylandia (OTSR... what?)

Honorary mention to Furious Baco- Portaventura (thought I had herniated my stomach after this)

Nitefly

Giga Poster
The three that come to mind as being the ‘lowest of the low’ are:

Loup-Garou (Walibi Belgium)
Infusion (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
Green Lantern (Six Flags Great Adventure)

thepoweroften

Roller Poster
Turbo on Brighton Pier is the only coaster I’ve ever ridden that was so unbearably bad I’d probably never ride it again - I don’t mind rides that are a bit rough but it’s really something else and it’s obviously not an interesting enough ride to be worth that roughness.

Honourable mention to SAW at Thorpe which I also find so rough that it’s almost unbearable, but at least I like parts of the layout (I still get a kick out of the indoor section when I’m forced on it).

Aside from that I guess my other “worst” coasters would all just be kiddie creds, but it feels a bit silly and unfair to compare those anyway.

Schrecken

Roller Poster
Some really bad ones I remember were some pretty rough woodies like Son of Beast (I had a headache that lasted for some time afterwards), Psychlone (thankfully defunct) which used to be at Six Flags Magic Mountain (it felt like the train was running over boulders in places), Mean Streak (rough and slow), all of the woodies at Mt. Olympus (except for Hades) - some were down right brutal, Hurler at Kings Dominion before it got RMC'd, and one of the woodies at Indiana Beach (Hoosier Hurricane I believe).
As for steel coasters, some of the Arrow loopers were/are pretty bad, like Anaconda at Kings Dominion, Viper at SF Magic Mountain, and others that are similar to those. Drachen Fire was about the worst Arrow looper I ever rode. It gave me the Son of Beast treatment - left me with a sore neck and a headache. Of course, Vekoma SLCs can be pretty bad too. Pretty much any steel coaster that has restraints that bash me in the head will make the bottom of my list. Maverick at Cedar Point was once near the bottom of my list, but it's a much better ride now with the new restraints and I could ride without getting my ears boxed in.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Blizzard (owned by Monty Hammond) - bad in ALL regards

Cyclone (Barry Island) - rough, boring, and brakes are attempts on your life

Kopermijn (Drievliet) - extremely uncomfortable and brakes are attempts on your life

The Walking Dead (Thorpe Park) - more of a personal thing, mostly being an astronomical downgrade from the awesome X

Speed of Sound (Walibi Holland) - rattling around in a restraint you can't move around in while going backwards is miserable

Marble Madness (Pleasurewood Hills) - another one where the brakes just simply really hurt

Dan Nguyen

Mega Poster
  1. Kiddy Hawk - Carowinds
  2. Primeval Whirl (defunct) - Disney’s Animal Kingdom
  3. Primeval Whirl (track 2) (defunct) - Disney’s Animal Kingdom
  4. Anaconda - Kings Dominion
  5. Tidal Wave - Trimpers Rides
  6. RC-48 - Florida State Fair (Wade)
  7. Mind Eraser - Six Flags America
  8. Hurler (defunct ) - Kings Dominion
  9. Hurler - Carowinds
  10. Gwazi (defunct) - Busch Gardens Tampa

Here's my current bottom 10 right now. Mind Eraser will probably get bumped up after I ride the newly refurbished version. Kinda crazy to see mostly defunct credits in my bottom 10. Good riddance lol.

Trax

Hyper Poster
In no particular order:

Bandit @Movie Park Germany
This one is infamous for being unbearable rough. The T-Bar restraint makes it even worse, as you keep hitting your thighs when the train whips from side to side.

Several SLCs
Self explanatory. I would like to note, that not all SLCs are what I consider unbearable, but the bad SLCs certainly are. Main culprits: MP-Express/Iron Claw, Limit, Condor. Oh btw, Infusion was one of the best.

Tonnere de Zeus (not the Gravity Group version)
Take the bad from Bandit and crank it up to 11. Pure pain, from the first drop until the final brakerun.

Voltron Nevera powered by Rimac @ Europa Park (outer seat in one of the bad trains)
This ride could be the best in Germany. But if you happen to get a bad train (train 2 is especially bad) and sit on the outer seat, it might as well be Germany's worst.

Cool & Fresh/Migfer @ Wonderland Eurasia
I rode this on the funfair when I was a child, and even then, it was incredibly rough. The brakerun wasn't a brake - it just stopped the train instantly.

Kirnu & Insane @ Linnanmäki/Gröna Lund
I guess all Zac-Spins are as bad as those? Certainly intense rides, but also very unpleasant. Insane is worse, because its longer.

Nitro @ Denlys Parc
A family coaster on the list? Yes. The ride itself is rough in places, but certainly bearable. That is, until it hits THAT spot. There is one spot in a right turn that has a jolt from hell. We both had a headache for 2 days afterwards, as well as neck pain. I was so glad that I had brought some painkillers with me. Horrible

Zamperla Volare
I know it is crazy that such a premium manufacturer could ever produce a horrible ride. But they actually managed to produce maybe the overall worst coaster model ever conceived.

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
On my USA/ Canada trip last year I was unlucky enough to ride Time Warp and Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderland.

Having ridden the OG Volare at Wiener Prater,. I knew what to expect and was morbidly excited to see @Climb 's first experience of one.
But then we rode Flight Deck - my second SLC (after Mayan at Energylandia). It was absolutely despicably bad, despite us choosing the front row.
At least the Volare's have a novelty aspect about them. Flight Deck should be condemned!

Also honourable mention to Wilde Beast at the same park. Perhaps we got unlucky, but it was immensely rough and uncomfortable throughout.

1. Kiddy Hawk - head banging so bad I took my glasses off out of fear of hem falling off or breaking with one mire impact. I do ameture auto racing, and have hit walls plenty hard, but the absolute shot of a jolt going through the first turn far surpasses any hit I have taken.
2. Woody Woodpeckers odly suspectly named ****hole - it rattles so bad that my butt hurt from the hard plastic seat.

Other than that, none really stand out as being quite this bad.

NemesisRider

Roller Poster
My bottom 3 as it currently stands (ranked least worst to worst):
3. Diabelska Pętla @ Legendia. Begins with two incredibly unpleasant and intense loops, followed by a bunch of shoddily profiled meandering that does nothing. Fairly unique at least, but I can't give it a pass when it's this awful.
2. Boomerang @ Bellewaerde. I've been on tolerable Boomerangs, but this was not one. Unoriginal, unreasonably rough, and got off feeling very sick.
1. Blue Tornado @ Gardaland. It didn't give me much of a headache, but for the duration of the ride it gave me the most unapologetic and unpleasant beating I have ever experienced on a coaster. Just pain.

RadiationHunter228

Roller Poster
I hate all Wild Mouse coasters. They are not fun, its just move around and get thrown against sharp turns. I don't like Scream Machine at Six Flags over Georgia either, it gave me a concussion. Hot take but I'm not a fan of B&M inverted coasters either. Being a small person the over the shoulder restraints never fit me well. Also, I have a lot of ear piercings and it hurts a lot then my head gets slammed against the restraints.