What's new

Worst coasters you've ridden (Bottom 5/10)

ScottLann

Mega Poster
1. Infusion - Just the worst 😂

2. Hero - Uncomfortable, rattily, the worst "flying coaster" ever.

3. El Diablo Tren De La Mina - Does a whole not of nothing (with some janky moments).

4. The Big One - Might be a controversial one here, but apart from the first drop, this coaster also does a whole lot of nothing too. Its fast and tall, but those stats can't shadow the fact this coaster is just so rough (even on the re-tracked sections).

5. Crazy Bats - I've ridden this coaster both with and without VR, and neither have been great experiences. It's not rough or uncomfortable by any means like the other coasters on this list, but the layout feels so boring and repetitive. The turns are forceless and there's no real drops on this thing. It's a coaster I'll happily miss whenever I visit Phantasialand from now on.

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I do a Top 10%, so it seems only fair to do a Bottom 10%.

I've currently ranked 243 coasters, so here's my Bottom 24...

RankCoasterPark
220Olympia LoopingWinter Wonderland
221Dinosaur ValleyWicksteed Park
222BanditMovie Park Germany
223TulirekiLinnanmäki
224€uro CoasterWinter Wonderland
225AbismoParque de Atracciones de Madrid
226Viking Roller CoasterEnergylandia
227NitroDennlys Parc
228TriopsBagatelle
229The SmilerAlton Towers
230ColossusThorpe Park
231KirnuLinnanmäki
232ShockwaveDrayton Manor
233Thunder CoasterTusenFryd
234Tornado Hellendoorn
235LoopenTusenFryd
236BoomerangBellewaerde
237Vampire Walibi Belgium
238Cobra Walibi Belgium
239TornadoBakken
240HeroFlamingo Land
241UkkoLinnanmäki
242MP ExpressMovie Park Germany
243El CondorWalibi Holland

There are a few obvious trends there.

BobaFett

Roller Poster
Viking at Energylandia. The only Roller coaster that somehow managed to punch me in the eye. What a horrible decision to put OTSR on a Spinning Wild Mouse.

Ollie

CF Legend
I do a Top 10%, so it seems only fair to do a Bottom 10%.

I've currently ranked 243 coasters, so here's my Bottom 24...

RankCoasterPark
220Olympia LoopingWinter Wonderland
221Dinosaur ValleyWicksteed Park
222BanditMovie Park Germany
223TulirekiLinnanmäki
224€uro CoasterWinter Wonderland
225AbismoParque de Atracciones de Madrid
226Viking Roller CoasterEnergylandia
227NitroDennlys Parc
228TriopsBagatelle
229The SmilerAlton Towers
230ColossusThorpe Park
231KirnuLinnanmäki
232ShockwaveDrayton Manor
233Thunder CoasterTusenFryd
234TornadoHellendoorn
235LoopenTusenFryd
236BoomerangBellewaerde
237VampireWalibi Belgium
238CobraWalibi Belgium
239TornadoBakken
240HeroFlamingo Land
241UkkoLinnanmäki
242MP ExpressMovie Park Germany
243El CondorWalibi Holland

There are a few obvious trends there.
Why is Olympia Looping so far down?

Boodangy

Mega Poster
I don't chase credits so I don't actually have that many coasters under my belt that I can say I had negative conclusions of, because if I hear from people that a coaster is really bad, I don't go on it. If I hear people's head's jiggling from them screaming in vibrato, I don't go on it. If it's a model that's always bad, I don't go on it. Especially abroad I prioritize my time. But there are first times where you learn from, and some exceptions because I thought they'd be good. In no particular order:
  • Bobbahn - Heide Park: I mainly remember this coaster for feeling like nothing's happening while all the body fat on me was jiggling around from the trains riding on track with bumps essentially designed onto it, and the seating position being uncomfortable. Much preferred Bob at Efteling (rip).
  • Trombi - Särkänniemi (Volares in general): I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, everyone in this thread has probably mentioned a Volare or two, so what's there left to say. Maybe less people mention that it feels simultaneously like you're being squeezed into a pancake and at risk of falling out of the trains which adds a nice twist of horrifying to an otherwise awful experience.
  • Hype - Särkänniemi (Sky Rocket 2s in general): At least SLCs and Volares aren't popping up anymore. The trains are atrocious, the restraint design is atrocious (I haven't ridden one with comfort collars but the lapbar design is awful), the launch is completely forceless and pointless and you don't even get hangtime on the barrel roll because you're squeezed into the train too tight to feel gravity. These look like fun off ride but then you ride one and it's just pure disappointment. At least boomerang clones are intense, so you can have fun with a smooth one. These are just pointless.
  • Tulireki - Linnanmäki: The wild mouse section at the top is fun but that's about it, truly the lowest of the low for Mack, horribly rough, the train design worsens it, and it's short and low capacity to boot, they're now only running it on one train even on busy days. It's taking up valuable space at my home park and needs to make space for something bigger and newer.
  • Nessie - Hansa Park: A classic Schwarzkopf?! Yes. This did the crime for me of being boring. There are legitimately no forces to this coaster which is wild to me cause non-looping Schwarzkopfs like Jetline (rip) are actually insane. I had no interest on ever going on this again after my one ride.
I have quite a few parks, especially abroad where I have nothing bad to say about any of their coasters because I expressly avoided going on coasters I assumed would be bad as you can see and as I said earlier, and as you might surmise from a couple entries here for me being boring is probably the biggest crime for a coaster. I would honestly rather a coaster be moderately rough and have some forces than smooth and unremarkable.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
@DelPiero did you get on G Force at Drayton, or any of the Skyloops - how do they compare? I dislike those slow inverted lift hills but expecting Copperhead to be ok as its in motion.
Yeah I did G force, that was vile too, but again, beginning of the ride and the rest was alright so doesn't make the bottom 5, it's down there though.

Skyloops are a good shout, the one at Linnanmaki was horrid, probably in the bottom 10. Quite liked Abismo once the lift/roll was done though, has a killer airtime hill.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'll try to rank the bottom 10, it's difficult as they are all absolutely crap.

711 - G-Force - Drayton Manor - For obvious reasons, that lift was disgusting, and combined with the restraints 🤮
712 - Infusion - Blackpool - Personally my worst of the SLCs, but Condor and T3 were up there
713 - Volare - Prater - Again, worst of a bad lot, all of them are awful
714 - Ukko - Linnanmaki - That lift/Roll was horrific and makes me question if I could even have the balls to get on another Skyloop
715 - Nighthawk - Carowinds - Was bottom 5 until King, Thunderbolt and Copperhead Strike entered the fray, definitely the worst of the dutchmen
716 - Copperhead Strike - Carowinds - As explained previously, really not my cup of tea. Decent airtime but was already feeling rough from the constant hang
717 - Insane - Grona Lund - One of the most painful rides I've ever been on, thought it was cutting into me
718 - King - Foire du Trône - Looks fantastic from a distance, but rides like an 80 yr old hooker being tasered
719 - Thunderbolt - Luna Park Coney Island - Future death cred, mark my words
720 - Mean Streak - Cedar Point - The original **** cred, only just worse than thunderbolt, was constant pain/juddering all the way round

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Why is Olympia Looping so far down?
Primarily the restraints. Made it super uncomfortable, and it just wasn't pleasant.

Tbf it's probably lower down due to location/price too, but still, no thanks.

....and Thundercoaster!!
To quote my review from my visit last year...
I got a mid-train ride and...it wasn't great. There was a particularly rough turn early on which jolted me and I did not like. And pretty much anything that didn't involved the ride going straight was rough. Ooft.

That jolt still lives on in my head. Awful.

Matt N

CF Legend
I could have sworn I’d posted in a topic like this before, but I clearly haven’t posted in this one, so I might as well have a go!

I’ve currently done 113 coasters. I’ve ranked all of the coasters I’ve ridden, and I’ve also rated them all out of 10 to give a rough idea of “tiers”. As such, I’ll contribute all of the coasters I rated 2/10 or lower into this, which as of right now is everything ranked #99 or lower.

Without further ado, then, my “worst” coasters are as follows:
99) Euro Mir - Europa Park: This might surprise some, as I know it’s quite well liked in many circles, but I found Euro Mir horrible. It was brutally rough every time it tried to twist or turn a corner, and while it had forceful moments, I didn’t even find the layout to be anything overly interesting. It’s definitely Europa Park’s weakest link for coasters, for me. 2/10
100) Grand National - Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Grand National has a decent layout, but my last experience on there was just ridiculously rough. It was absolutely brutal to the point where roughness and being battered was pretty much the overriding sensation throughout the ride. It’s a few spots higher than it might have been due to its decent layout and actually having some half-decent airtime, but it was just so, so horrifically rough and brutal in a way that totally ruined the ride for me. 2/10
101-107) Reverchon spinning wild mice - Various: I’ve ridden 7 of these coasters, and I don’t like them at all. I’m not a fan of the harsh laterals the wild mouse ride type provides, and while these aren’t quite as bad as some of the standard wild mouse genre, I still don’t like them. These coasters are also often very rough and janky even putting aside the laterals, and on the whole, I’m not a fan of this common clone. In terms of specific ones, I’ve found them to vary slightly, with Crazy Coaster at South Pier Blackpool ranked highest at #101 and one side of the late Primeval Whirl ranked lowest at #107, but these are only subtle differences, and I find them all pretty awful. 2/10
108) Bulldog Coaster - Brean Theme Park: I was not a fan of this one, I’m afraid. While it’s an admittedly impressive headliner for a park of Brean’s calibre, I found it very rough and I found the ride car horrifically cramped and uncomfortable. I’m not exactly tall at only 5’10”, but I found the OTSR really tight and I found the ride car horribly cramped to sit in, which really exacerbated every bump on the ride. 2/10
109) Steeplechase (Right) - Blackpool Pleasure Beach: I admit that Steeplechase is unique, and the racing element is good fun, but I’m afraid that I just didn’t overly enjoy it at all. I found it very uncomfortable and found the harsh laterals painful, and I found it to have few redeeming features aside from uniqueness to make up for this. 2/10
110) Rattlesnake - Chessington World of Adventures: Similarly to the Reverchon spinning coasters above, I don’t like the wild mouse ride style, and on my one ride back in 2014, I remember this being a particularly bad example of it. I remember finding it very rough with the harsh laterals and braking, and I have distinct memory of coming off it with a bright red elbow from being slammed into the side of the car repeatedly! 2/10
111) Sand Serpent - Busch Gardens Tampa: Similar to above, except this one had some particularly vile braking that really hurt and lowered it another level beyond Rattlesnake. I sorry to say that I don’t miss it now it’s gone. 2/10, but I was mildly tempted to go to 1/10 because of the awful braking.
112) Infusion - Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Standard layout SLCs have been long hyped as awful, and this did not disappoint in that regard. The layout isn’t half-bad, to be fair, but my word, the headbanging and roughness was just completely relentless, and it was horrible… 1/10
113) Hero - Flamingo Land: Hero is an interesting one to have at rock bottom, because I’d actually argue that while undeniably rough, it isn’t as traditionally rough as some of the coasters ranked above it… but I’m sorry to say that I just found the whole setup completely grotesque. I don’t massively rate flying coasters at the best of times, but I found the car on Hero to make the B&M Flying Coaster trains feel like a B&M Hyper with clamshell restraints. Clambering onto a ladder, haphazardly putting your head through a hole and having a weird flimsy panini press mechanism holding you in is not comfortable in the slightest, and it is made even more uncomfortable by being flung around the really rough, tight turns in the layout. Hero is undeniably… different, but I’m sorry to say that it wasn’t for me at all. 1/10

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Here goes, in no particular order:

Hero, Flamingoland.

Seriously, what is this abortion? Its a farce from start to finish, rough and painful doesn't cut it, I honestly thought I was going to die, and I am not one who doesn't enjoy rides with character, infact the Grand National, Baco, Ultimate and Wild Mouse are or were amongst my favourites, however this heap of dung is on another level. Its a decade since I rode it, I did promise myself I wouldn't do it again, however I am tempted just to clarify how bad it actually is.

Mumbo Jumbo, again Flamingoland.

No where near as bad as the aforementioned experience, but again, why? I like coasters that leave the station and take you somewhere, not just to go up and perform pointless turns with peculiar banking within the footprint of the station.

Any version of the hideous spinning mice coasters.

I have been on several, they are all as bad as each other, they are uncomfortable and all need melting down. Not being the kind of person who counts creds I am now at the stage where if I see one of these in a park it gets ignored.

Coaster Express, PW

It's not often you will catch me slating a wooden coaster but this is the exception, it looks amazing off ride, I was really hyped up on the approach, and so let down well before the half way point. No airtime, poor pacing,uncomfortable and very dull. It doesn't doesn't do anything other than beat you up, which I could overlook if it has a level of fun about it, however it doesn't.

Smiler, Alton Towers.

If you want to take the title of the number of inversions on a coaster you need to go up high, do some large inversions, go through a mid course brake and do smaller ones, which by default Alton can't do because of the planning laws around the park, so they essentially built two euro fighters, join them together on the footprint of a jetstart coaster and wonder why it's not aged particular well. It's absolutely awful, it's setting is grim, the theme is dire, the queue is like a prison and the headache after isn't worth the time invested in it.

Infusion, BPB

Firstly, this thing got off on the wrong foot with me by replacing a ride I was very fond of, however 18 years later, I'd be prepared to overlook this if it was a decent and enjoyable coaster. Its not. I was on this about a month ago and said that was it fir the year, and despite BPB being my local park have no intention of re-riding again this season. Its always been a bit rough around the edges but this time it was particularly bad. It looks good from off ride, which makes it unique for me in that my opinion of it actually gets better from viewing it rather than riding it.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
100) Grand National - Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Grand National has a decent layout, but my last experience on there was just ridiculously rough. It was absolutely brutal to the point where roughness and being battered was pretty much the overriding sensation throughout the ride. It’s a few spots higher than it might have been due to its decent layout and actually having some half-decent airtime, but it was just so, so horrifically rough and brutal in a way that totally ruined the ride for me. 2/10
Nash is alright if you get the middle row of a car, so a non wheel seat.
Pretty good mantra to live by on woodies with 3 row cars tbh, there are obvious exceptions of course.

Matt N

CF Legend
Nash is alright if you get the middle row of a car, so a non wheel seat.
Pretty good mantra to live by on woodies with 3 row cars tbh, there are obvious exceptions of course.
I think I may have had a wheel seat, from memory, but it was in the very front car, which you’d typically expect to be less rough. I grant you that I last did it close to 5 years ago, however, so my memory could be off.

I’ve only ever done it twice, and it’s been really, really rough both times I’ve done it. My second ride in 2019 seemed rougher than my first in 2018, but that one was still incredibly rough; my older sister still moans about the giant bruise our first ride on Grand National gave her!

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Literally just Hero. I struggle to think of any other ride that I've come off and thought 'that was awful'. Even boring kiddie credits are good in their own way when you consider their target market, but Hero? Who is that for? Does anyone actually enjoy this? I don't complain about rough coasters, it's all part of the intensity (even Nash on a wheel seat doesn't bother me), but Hero seems just so... unnecessary?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I think I may have had a wheel seat, from memory, but it was in the very front car, which you’d typically expect to be less rough. I grant you that I last did it close to 5 years ago, however, so my memory could be off.

I’ve only ever done it twice, and it’s been really, really rough both times I’ve done it. My second ride in 2019 seemed rougher than my first in 2018, but that one was still incredibly rough; my older sister still moans about the giant bruise our first ride on Grand National gave her!
It's been a lot better recently, they've definitely retracked some of it and a non-wheel seat isn't the worst ride ever, definitely give it another go next time you head there.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Well I cannot wait to get on Hero & King one day 😬

Infusion came up 5 times since I said it wasn't that bad a couple of days ago. From those has anyone been on SLCs with the same layout & old trains they liked more even if it was still bad? Could this be because Infusion is the one we are faced with most often from being in the UK as opposed to the random ones on coaster adventures that don't often come up again. Or could it be the general roughness of all Blackpool's coasters that stop it from standing out to me as much.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
It's been a lot better recently, they've definitely retracked some of it and a non-wheel seat isn't the worst ride ever, definitely give it another go next time you head there.
I haven't seen it on all 4 trains this season, and if I remember rightly on all my visits one train has been in the maintenance shed that backs onto Alice, and it's not always been the same train on each visit. Maybe they are working on the trains in turn to try help the issue. I have had no issues what so ever with it this year, still my number one, sod Icon and the Big One.

In answer to the above, I haven't been on any clones of Infusion, but my last ride on it was a lot worse than any I have had previously, I was on the right hand side mid train, I usually expect a battering from the inline twists towards the end but this particular ride was a lot worse. On the same day we were lapping all three woodies, so neither of us are shall we say overly sensitive to these rides, but this was horrible.

Last edited:

soleil

Roller Poster
Hello! Been following Coasterforce polls and forums for years, so thought I might start here. I hope this posts ok. The very worst at the bottom, where it should be.
(Coaster count 123)

ShockwaveDrayton ManorPoor.
GrizzlyKings DominionPainful lower body. Never again
EurocoasterLondon Winter WonderlandI paid for - jerk, stop, start, brake, jerk, stop etc...
X (all versions)Thorpe ParkWhy did they even bother - pointless
Klondike Gold MineDrayton ManorSardines in a tin with a loop?!?! Just awful

owenstreet7

Roller Poster
My bottom two coasters are Skyways that used to be at Clarence Pier and Infusion at Blackpool.

Skyways, I've found incredibly rickety and rough whilst Infusion is horribly rough every time I've ridden it.

Grand National is rough however it is very variable. I found it smoother than Big Dipper one time and then the other way round another ride.

Infusion and Skyways make the likes of Colossus and Rita look smooth! (I haven't experienced Hero yet 😂)

Ollie

CF Legend
Skyways, I've found incredibly rickety and rough whilst Infusion is horribly rough every time I've ridden it.
Weird. I don't remember Skyways being like that. I do remember it having quite comfy seats though where it felt like you were riding around on a sofa 😂