What's new

Worlds of Globala

Matt N

Strata Poster
Sorry for double posting, but I thought it might be interesting if I told you guys what the game considers the current top 10 attractions in the park based on Prestige. I’ve had a look, and the current top 10 attractions at Worlds of Globala based on Prestige rankings are as follows:
  1. Zodiac Palace (1354)
  2. Black Mamba (1341)
  3. Skyline Screamer (1331)
  4. El Conquistador (1331)
  5. Inferna (1215)
  6. The Tales of Arthuria (1199)
  7. Boating in Beijing (1193)
  8. Britannia Tours (1171)
  9. La Corrida (1159)
  10. Izanagi’s House of Beasts (1149)
Do you guys agree with this? There are certainly a few that surprised me, I’ll be honest...

HeartlineCoaster

Giga Poster
Is prestige akin to the excitement rating in RCT? Boating in Beijing and Britannia Tours are the surprises I guess with no real context as to how it calculates that stuff.
Here's my personal list based on ride types that would make me want to visit the most:

1. Black Mamba
2. El Conquistador
3. Zodiac Palace
4. Doomsday Temple
5. Skyline Screamer
6. Inferna
7. Izanagai's House of Beasts
8. La Corrida
9. The Tales of Arthuria
10. Flight of the Fire Dragon/El Torito

An extremely solid lineup for any park!

Matt N

Strata Poster
Is prestige akin to the excitement rating in RCT? Boating in Beijing and Britannia Tours are the surprises I guess with no real context as to how it calculates that stuff.
Here's my personal list based on ride types that would make me want to visit the most:

1. Black Mamba
2. El Conquistador
3. Zodiac Palace
4. Doomsday Temple
5. Skyline Screamer
6. Inferna
7. Izanagai's House of Beasts
8. La Corrida
9. The Tales of Arthuria
10. Flight of the Fire Dragon/El Torito

An extremely solid lineup for any park!
The Prestige rating is basically how desirable the game sees the attraction as being overall (with both track and train and level of theming, as well as queue line theming, thrown into consideration). It also does a star system that directly correlates to the Prestige system, with 1 star equalling 200 Prestige points (so the entire top 10 ranks 5+ stars)

The game does also allocate RCT-style excitement, intensity and nausea ratings to each ride from a track and train perspective, but I’ve noticed that things with high theming and long ride durations often rank very highly prestige-wise, even if the ride doesn’t deliver as much on a track and train basis; for example, El Conquistador has noticeably lower excitement and intensity ratings than some of the other thrill coasters (Black Mamba and Skyline Screamer, at least, are noticeably higher, and I think Inferna might be a little higher too), but due to the ride’s theming (there’s an awful lot of effect triggers; 30, to be exact!) and due to it having a really long ride duration, it ranks higher than it might have done based solely on the excitement and intensity ratings. I think the theming clause might also be why things like the car ride and the boat ride tend to rank very highly if you theme them up even slightly. Doomsday Temple ranks lower than you might expect (only 448, even with all the theming and triggers) because the game considers the ride type a flat ride as opposed to a tracked ride, so it only looks at queue theming.

Hope that explains the Prestige system a little!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In terms of the bigger coasters - I'd probably say something like:
  1. Black Mamba
  2. Skyline Screamer (I like B&M Hypers, okay)
  3. Inferna
  4. El Conquistador (I almost want to put this lower - urgh, Gerst)
  5. La Corrida
I'd probably then slip Zodiac Palace and Doomsday Temple somewhere around 3-4 in the list.

Some really excellent work here overall. It's almost a bit too much to take in, haha!

Matt N

Strata Poster
I’m very flattered by all of your nice comments about the ride lineup; thank you!

I tried to make it quite nice and well-rounded, with lots of different types of rides, and I tried to give each big thrill coaster its own individual flavour, if you get what I mean; I didn’t want anything that was too similar to another ride in the park.

I tried to build the thrill coasters so that each of the “big 5” so to speak kind of focuses on its own individual type of experience; La Corrida is a wooden coaster, so differs itself from the rest of the lineup quite naturally in that regard, Black Mamba focuses on low-to-the-ground rapid transitions and a nice blend of elements, Skyline Screamer focuses on massive, sustained airtime manoeuvres (although I did try to make it a little bit Fury-esque towards the end, with the reasonably low-to-the-ground ejector hills and fast pacing), Inferna is an inverted coaster which focuses on intensity and big inversions, as well as some nice footchoppers and the interactions with the area to really capitalise on the inverted seating position, and El Conquistador focuses a lot on hangtime, as well as the wider themed experience with all of the dark ride sections, although I did try to chuck in some more Karnan-style rapid, low-to-the-ground elements towards the end of the ride in order to add a little variety and to not make it too inversion-focused.

In terms of how I’d personally rate the big 5 coasters at the park from my designer’s point of view, the one I’m most proud of from an overall point of view (including theming) is El Conquistador, but my favourite track and train would probably be either Black Mamba or Skyline Screamer, as I absolutely adore both multi-launch coasters and B&M hypers.

I’m undecided, but if I had to pick based on personal preference and how interesting I think each layout looks, I’d probably rank the big 5 like:
  1. Black Mamba
  2. Skyline Screamer
  3. La Corrida
  4. Inferna
  5. El Conquistador
1 and 2 are pretty interchangeable, and I’d say the same about 3 and 4.

If you’re interested, I’d also like to offer a bit of insight into my own opinions of the coasters I’ve built, and sort of give you a bit of an idea as to what inspired the rides, to see if you think I’ve done a good job:
  • Black Mamba: To tell you the truth, I’m not surprised that Black Mamba seems to be so popular. When I was building that coaster all the way back in April 2020, I was thinking to myself “if this were a real park, I reckon this would be the enthusiasts’ favourite out of all the rides there”. I wanted at least one coaster in this park that would be a real “enthusiast favourite”, if you get what I mean, and I did try to get this to emulate some of the really well-liked Intamin Blitz Coasters out there so that this would be that ride. A key inspiration for this ride was actually Taron at Phantasialand, with all of the twisty elements and rapid transitions, but I also tried to chuck in a couple of inversions and “RMC-style” elements like some of the newer Intamins are pulling off (I’m looking at you, Velocicoaster and Pantheon). In hindsight, though, I could maybe have thrown in a couple more inversions for a bit more variety, and I think I did build the ending a touch too intense. I also think I should have thrown in an MCBR in there somewhere, as due to the way in which Planet Coaster blocks launch coasters, the train waits for ages on the first launch.
  • Skyline Screamer: I know that B&M hypers are a little bit marmite among enthusiasts these days, but I love them (well, I love Mako, anyway) and I also love building them, too; since I’ve mastered those parabolic hills (that took a long time; you should have seen my earliest attempts!), there’s something I’ve always found so satisfying about building this ride type! In terms of what I was trying to go for with Skyline Screamer, I kind of wanted to build a blend of Shambhala and Fury, with maybe a touch of Mako thrown in there too. A common criticism I often see aimed at B&M hypers is that they often peter out towards the end of the ride, so I wanted to make sure that the ride’s ending was just as electric as the beginning, if not more so. I actually tried to take a leaf out of Fury’s playbook for the ending portion of the ride by including some intense, low-to-the-ground ejector hills to offer a nice contrast to the conventional B&M hyper floater hills at the start of the ride. Personally, I’m quite happy with the layout for this ride as far as B&M hypers go, but I’m aware that B&M hypers are quite marmite, so I know that some of you probably aren’t that excited by it.
  • La Corrida: I’ve got to admit, GCIs are another ride type I absolutely love building in Planet Coaster; I just find those really twisty layouts so much fun to build! In terms of which ride I drew my inspiration from for La Corrida, I was kind of inspired by Wodan at Europa Park, which has a big element at the start and then has loads of lower airtime hills throughout and looks absolutely relentless. However, I don’t know whether you’d agree, but I don’t think my execution looks anywhere near as effective on La Corrida as it does on Wodan, and that’s for one key reason; I feel like the ride peters out drastically towards the end in a way that GCIs don’t often do, and when you pass back over the lift hill and have that spectator interaction over the lake, I almost feel like it looks to amble a bit too much compared to some other GCIs. It doesn’t really look to pack much force or airtime in that ending section. I’m still reasonably pleased with the final outcome, but it’s definitely the coaster layout I’m least proud of out of the big 5, and looking back, I could have done so much more with it.
  • Inferna: When building China, I thought that the park was missing a more “conventional”, large looping coaster so to speak, and I thought; what better ride type to fill that void than the good old B&M invert? It’s quite conventional, yet differs from anything else in the park, and also offers some nice theming and interaction opportunities! In terms of sources of inspiration for this; the pre-lift was inspired by Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park, but I actually drew inspiration from some of the larger B&M inverts for the rest of the layout. The initial sequence of elements was actually inspired by Banshee at Kings Island, and I did actually try to emulate its trick of having the loop go around the lift hill, albeit unsuccessfully, as you can see. As B&M inverts go, I’d say I’m pretty pleased with the final layout, as it looks quite varied and looks to keep its speed throughout, although in hindsight, I might have added a zero-g roll instead of the airtime hill, and I might have done a different double-inversion instead of a cobra roll; maybe a pretzel knot or batwing might have worked better?
  • El Conquistador: I’ll admit I’m not the biggest fan of Gerstlauer thrill coasters myself, so if the park was being built solely for me, I would probably have picked a different ride type, but I thought the park was missing something more focused on hangtime and large inversions, as well as something with a real emphasis on a drop, that could function as a real hook of the ride. I actually considered going for another B&M here, with both a wing coaster and a dive coaster being ride types I considered, but I’d never actually built an Infinity Coaster in the game before, and I also thought that as well as ticking all of my above boxes, the Infinity Coaster would give me greater scope to go for a more versatile, heavily-themed thrill coaster, which is something I hadn’t really attempted yet within the park (or the game full stop, for that matter). In terms of the layout, I was kind of going for “the love child of Takabisha and Karnan”, as I said in my original Mexico post, and I’m quite happy with the way that the big inversions flow between each other, especially in the first half; I think the flow between the inversions is really quite nice and smooth. Given that theming is probably my weaker suit within the game, I’m also very satisfied with how the ride’s theming turned out, especially the building exterior and the dark ride sections. However, I’m less impressed with the bits where I go a little more off-piste with the profiling and try and do some more intense, Karnan-esque bits; you can definitely see a few bits of dodgy profiling in places! I can’t imagine it being a particularly smooth coaster in portions, I’ll admit. You can’t see this in the POV, but I did also mess up the blocking a bit on this; as the trains aren’t huge, I decided to try and accommodate lots of trains (9, to be exact), but in practice, it means that the trains are almost waiting in a massive queue behind each other during the dark ride sections, so I should probably have done that a bit differently, in hindsight.
So that’s a little bit of insight into the big 5, from my perspective! I apologise if you didn’t really want this, but I’d be intrigued to know; do you think I’ve satisfied my original intentions with each ride? Do you agree with my opinions on the layouts, or do you have any criticisms of your own?

Sorry to hound you all with questions; I’d just be very intrigued to know!

Even though I’m talking in a retrospective sense in this post, it is worth remembering that I do still have 1 more country to finish yet! I can reveal, however, that the big 5 will remain the big 5; the final country has a roller coaster, but it is more of a family coaster. I still intend for it to be fun, however, and pretty heavily-themed, and I hope it’s something you’ll still really like.

Matt N

Strata Poster
Sorry for double posting, but I do apologise for how long it’s been since I last posted an update! I assure you that I am steadily working on the park’s final country, and I’m getting towards the end now, but I’m not the fastest of builders, sadly; I try & prioritise thoroughness over speed!

In terms of when it might be ready; I don’t want to be too committal, as I’m not the fastest of builders, but I hope it might be ready within the next couple of weeks to a month. I’m really sorry, as I know that’s probably incredibly annoying from your end, but I don’t like to make promises I can’t keep.

I hope you understand, and I look forward to providing you all with the final country very soon!