What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

MurphNation

Mega Poster
I just want to note that "foundation" does not necessarily mean a slab. A slab is a type of foundation. Footers are a type of foundation. A foundation plan just refers to the general placement and design, whether that design be a slab or footers. Certainly doesn't mean that it's not Gravity Group though.
Then what kinda manufacture and coaster could we expect? GCI Titan Track?? RMC Topper Track??? Launch Woodie??? Their are so many different possibilities for this coaster next year

Indy

Hyper Poster
Then what kinda manufacture and coaster could we expect? GCI Titan Track?? RMC Topper Track??? Launch Woodie??? Their are so many different possibilities for this coaster next year
It's hard to say at this stage apart from that it appears to be a wood coaster. We can rule out RMC though since they have gone on record as saying they aren't building ground-up wood coasters anymore.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I have another one:
1280px-Cyclone_coaster_and_exterior_Crystal_Ball_Room_Crystal_Beach_Ontario_postcard_cropped.JPG

cocoa

Mega Poster
if they built a recreation of crystal beach cyclone I would drop everything to get back there.

certainly an unexpected and weird development. kind of seems funny to keep updating timberwolf after they just finished a partial retracking, but maybe they want to give it the full tonnerre de zeus upgrade. but I'm also not convinced a family woodie is the right move here. the only conclusion is that this will 100% be the first wooden flying coaster

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
I'm probably wrong but I don't get the appeal of a traditional wooden coaster even if it is a shuttle coaster - GP might differ though. WoF has two woodies in the excellent Prowler and the reasonably fun Timber Wolf (just avoid wheel seats even after the retrack...) so it is really hard to understand another woody especially as WoF knows how much of a struggle wooden coasters can be to maintain. I don't think a RMC is ideal for marketing as there is a world class RMC three hours away at SDC but I think you can legit market the first GCI Titan Track as new and that there's nothing in the area like it. Maybe even a dueling version like what was featured at IAAPA a couple of years ago? .... probably just wishful thinking.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Hopefully this isn’t the project that is from Dorney and got moved to Worlds Of Fun, hopefully these were two separate projects from the start

MurphNation

Mega Poster
So according to screamscape, Project 2.0, and the newly named codename Project Dollhouse are two separate projects, screamscape states that Project 2.0 is a new version of the Zambezi Zinger or Orient Express while Project Dollhouse is likely Dorney's gravity group shuttle. The sub-article states that Project Dollhouse is now set to have an open for 2023 while Project 2.0 is now moved back to at least 2024 (which now I'm guessing has another code name). So take this next wooden roller coaster as some what as a place holder until the big Project 2.0 opens. But why I see this as very realistic is for the reason that the pandemic messed a lot up with materials, stock, and etc. So project 2.0 is going to be a 100% steel since its either a updated version of Zambezi Zinger or Orient Express meaning that maybe this roller coaster manufacture at the time of planning or whatever did not have access without an insane price to steel or whatever material the coaster requires. So I would say Project Dollhouse is highly likely because it has a lot of data and information to its name, and I'm guessing we can now not only be expecting a wooden coaster next year but another one in the coming years too!!

THIS IS CRAZY!

Thanks Y'all, Here's the source btw so you guys don't think I'm making up stuff lol: https://screamscape.com/html/worlds_of_fun.htm

ALSO, make sure you scroll down aways to find the sub-articles on the developments at WOF.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
So according to screamscape, Project 2.0, and the newly named codename Project Dollhouse are two separate projects, screamscape states that Project 2.0 is a new version of the Zambezi Zinger or Orient Express while Project Dollhouse is likely Dorney's gravity group shuttle. The sub-article states that Project Dollhouse is now set to have an open for 2023 while Project 2.0 is now moved back to at least 2024 (which now I'm guessing has another code name). So take this next wooden roller coaster as some what as a place holder until the big Project 2.0 opens. But why I see this as very realistic is for the reason that the pandemic messed a lot up with materials, stock, and etc. So project 2.0 is going to be a 100% steel since its either a updated version of Zambezi Zinger or Orient Express meaning that maybe this roller coaster manufacture at the time of planning or whatever did not have access without an insane price to steel or whatever material the coaster requires. So I would say Project Dollhouse is highly likely because it has a lot of data and information to its name, and I'm guessing we can now not only be expecting a wooden coaster next year but another one in the coming years too!!

THIS IS CRAZY!

Thanks Y'all, Here's the source btw so you guys don't think I'm making up stuff lol: https://screamscape.com/html/worlds_of_fun.htm

ALSO, make sure you scroll down aways to find the sub-articles on the developments at WOF.
Two coasters in two years? No shot.

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
Two coasters in two years? No shot.

Yeah, seems far fetched to me. Giving two coasters to WoF in possibly two consecutive years while giving the proverbial middle finger to Dorney despite its coaster drought being longer, practically speaking, than WoF's. Don't get me wrong as I'd be thrilled with that as WoF is my home park but this feels more like misdirection.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
Yeah, seems far fetched to me. Giving two coasters to WoF in possibly two consecutive years while giving the proverbial middle finger to Dorney despite its coaster drought being longer, practically speaking, than WoF's. Don't get me wrong as I'd be thrilled with that as WoF is my home park but this feels more like misdirection.
Sorry I might have said that in the wrong way, the next coaster would come at the very earliest of 2024, so probably anywhere from 2024-2026

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
Sorry I might have said that in the wrong way, the next coaster would come at the very earliest of 2024, so probably anywhere from 2024-2026
You're good. I think that somebody is trolling screamscape. I think Dorney is getting the rumored shuttle coaster in 2023 and WoF is getting something supported by wood as well.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster

MurphNation

Mega Poster
depending on what coasters we get (also I wanna hear other peoples wof coaster predictions below for the two projects), could wof become a top 5 cedar fair park? Or better???

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
depending on what coasters we get (also I wanna hear other peoples wof coaster predictions below for the two projects), could wof become a top 5 cedar fair park? Or better???
If it's Dorny's GG Shuttle for 2023, then 2.0 is a new family coaster. Maybe a Gerst Bobsled?