What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

MurphNation

Mega Poster
I notice they are finally getting rid of that carnival style station on Boomerang. Good idea. That was tacky.
After looking at the photo deeper, I realized that in the light blue area that I shaded, the buildings seem to look completely different and even look slightly new? Check out this compass kc link and it lists under project case progress a whole bunch of new commercial buildings. Seems like this area of the park could be getting a retheme!!?

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/project/61cc9d95-91c2-47fd-be6b-cccc85fcd15d

Also, here it quotes "Construct 7 buildings and ride per plans reviewed for code compliance." The type of buildings these are listed as is commercial buildings, so these will be places guests will be in.

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/plan/0615ebf3-029f-481a-847e-80f6f8059d19

Also, the dark blue area seems to be a possible exit of the ride and the queue area. I'm wondering if the queue area will be similar to the prowler where you walk by the logo and under the train tracks and its likes its own little area. (Photo Booth, New Shop, etc). This would also back up all the new commercial buildings being added.

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Are they getting rid of it or did they just take it down for the off-season?
It’s hard to tell, but it almost looks like a wooden frame around the station. Saying that, the old station had yellow supports so with the awful pink and green tarp.

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
After looking at the photo deeper, I realized that in the light blue area that I shaded, the buildings seem to look completely different and even look slightly new? Check out this compass kc link and it lists under project case progress a whole bunch of new commercial buildings. Seems like this area of the park could be getting a retheme!!?

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/project/61cc9d95-91c2-47fd-be6b-cccc85fcd15d

Also, here it quotes "Construct 7 buildings and ride per plans reviewed for code compliance." The type of buildings these are listed as is commercial buildings, so these will be places guests will be in.

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/plan/0615ebf3-029f-481a-847e-80f6f8059d19

Also, the dark blue area seems to be a possible exit of the ride and the queue area. I'm wondering if the queue area will be similar to the prowler where you walk by the logo and under the train tracks and its likes its own little area. (Photo Booth, New Shop, etc). This would also back up all the new commercial buildings being added.
I was wondering about that myself. That little area there in Africa did look different, but I don’t get to see that area from this angle very often. This is just my OCD kicking in but I really wish they would just repaint Boomerang and someday they need to repaint Mamba. If you are going to call a coaster Mamba, why are you painting it red with gray supports. Should’ve done black supports and a shade of green for the track.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
I was wondering about that myself. That little area there in Africa did look different, but I don’t get to see that area from this angle very often. This is just my OCD kicking in but I really wish they would just repaint Boomerang and someday they need to repaint Mamba. If you are going to call a coaster Mamba, why are you painting it red with gray supports. Should’ve done black supports and a shade of green for the track.
Definitely Agree! I think one of the new commercial buildings listed on compass kc could be a new boomerang station?! I mean it makes sense if you think abt it. And I would say maybe next year during the off-season Mamba could get a paint job it definitely needs it!

Indy

Hyper Poster
The day before Zambezi Zinger is supposed to open, Friday, May 26th. I found something called the Worlds of Fun Rededication Ceremony. This isn’t posted on WOF’s Calendar and seems to be kind of a little secret. The only place you can see this is in a small article by FOX 4 or just searching it directly on google (Link below). The description states: “Join us on our special day as we celebrate 50 years of fun, life-long memories and cherished traditions, while also embarking on a new, exciting journey that will take guests on incredible adventures for years to come. Special surprises and unforgettable celebrations will ensure every guest and associate leaves with all new memories as we celebrate the original 1973 opening of Worlds of Fun.” This ceremony is supposed to celebrate the original opening of WOF and have special surprises and unforgettable celebrations that leaves us with new memories? Be prepared because you will hear the future of Worlds of Fun here! Mark my words! Feel free to look up the original opening ceremony of Worlds of Fun. The whole point of this “Rededication Ceremony” was to show the future and show the promise that Worlds of Fun were to come. Lamar Hunt wanted to build this massive getaway and funland in the Midwest. This “Rededication Ceremony” is a message from Cedar Fair and Worlds of Fun that Zambezi Zinger isn’t the end of investments coming to WOF but a beginning of things to come. Maybe this could be a Giga, or a whole new section of the park! This is very big!

Another Side Note: I'm not saying their announcing a giga but just saying it's a sign for things to come, I know one someone will get upset and think that so thought I should clarify.
Not trying to be negative, but there is almost zero chance that any educated marketing department at a major amusement park announces their next major installation on the day before the grand opening of their latest major installation. It completely undercuts the investment and makes everybody look ahead to the future instead of at their big shiny object that is opening literally the next day. The "new, exciting journey that will take guests on incredible adventures for years to come" is almost certainly Zambezi Zinger itself, seeing how the park opened with the original Zambezi Zinger.

I'm not saying the park won't get another big installation soon (which may or may not be a giga), but it's certainly not getting announced the day before Zambezi Zinger opens to the public. I've eaten my words before, so if it happens, I will acknowledge it, but I have immense doubts.

Last edited:

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Not trying to be negative, but there is almost zero chance that any educated marketing department at a major amusement park announces their next major installation on the day before the grand opening of their latest major installation. It completely undercuts the investment and makes everybody look ahead to the future instead of at their big shiny object that is opening literally the next day. The "new, exciting journey that will take guests on incredible adventures for years to come" is almost certainly Zambezi Zinger itself, seeing how the park opened with the original Zambezi Zinger.

I'm not saying the park won't get another big installation soon (which may or may not be a giga), but it's certainly not getting announced the day before Zambezi Zinger opens to the public. I've eaten my words before, so if it happens, I will acknowledge it, but I have immense doubts.
I totally agree and understand your point from a marketing perspective. Screw it, let’s just do what Energylandia did and all of a sudden have 18 coasters in 4 years haha.

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Just checked out the WOF map on the app to see if anything was different and after investigating, I noticed that long walkway from Detonator to Mamba has been removed. It looks like WOF will force guests to walk through Europa and into Africa. The main point being, WOF must have plans for that space in the near future.

02A7E9D7-D3FF-4EF2-8A7D-B62865A3B186.jpeg

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Just checked out the WOF map on the app to see if anything was different and after investigating, I noticed that long walkway from Detonator to Mamba has been removed. It looks like WOF will force guests to walk through Europa and into Africa. The main point being, WOF must have plans for that space in the near future.

View attachment 23925
I will go on to add that I DO NOT see Monsoon or Falcons Flight on this map either. I might be an optimist here, but this park is getting invested into. Bottom line.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
I will go on to add that I DO NOT see Monsoon or Falcons Flight on this map either. I might be an optimist here, but this park is getting invested into. Bottom line.
Definitely agree with you! I'm thinking that Zambezi Zinger is part of a plan and were in like phase one. I could definitely see the park removing the Ampitheater and placing a dark ride or some sort of flat ride. But my prediction is that here in the next year or two, especially now that Monsoon is likely gone, Fury of the Nile is getting old, and Viking Voyager isn't that exciting. I could see them add some sort of new state of the arch water ride for this area since the worlds of fun side of the park desperately needs one.

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Definitely agree with you! I'm thinking that Zambezi Zinger is part of a plan and were in like phase one. I could definitely see the park removing the Ampitheater and placing a dark ride or some sort of flat ride. But my prediction is that here in the next year or two, especially now that Monsoon is likely gone, Fury of the Nile is getting old, and Viking Voyager isn't that exciting. I could see them add some sort of new state of the arch water ride for this area since the worlds of fun side of the park desperately needs
Yeah, the water rides aren’t very inspiring at WOF. I know Voyager is a classic to many people, but it could use an update. In that same location you could make it a dark/outdoor log flume. Not asking for Disney theming, just something that has a story attached to it. Fury can stay but get some TLC. Monsoon can just go and be turned into another OOF attraction with a nice entrance from WOF to OOF.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
Yeah, the water rides aren’t very inspiring at WOF. I know Voyager is a classic to many people, but it could use an update. In that same location you could make it a dark/outdoor log flume. Not asking for Disney theming, just something that has a story attached to it. Fury can stay but get some TLC. Monsoon can just go and be turned into another OOF attraction with a nice entrance from WOF to OOF.
My Early 2024 WOF Prediction right now is definitely a new non-coaster ride in that area, just not sure what it will be at the moment. Hopefully some sort of raft or log flume thou 🤞, I doubt it though.

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
My Early 2024 WOF Prediction right now is definitely a new non-coaster ride in that area, just not sure what it will be at the moment. Hopefully some sort of raft or log flume thou 🤞, I doubt it though.
Did you happen to notice on Compass that one of the projects is Festhaus? The only other Festhaus is located in Kings Island. My 2024 prediction is a continuation of theming and a new flat ride along the lines of a Delirium or a Screamin Swing. Either in Europa area or by Timber Wolf where Thunderhawk/Omegatron were.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
Here's a look at the WOF Map, You can see that it looks like the pathway from Detonator to Mamba is gone or something is happening in that area 👀, keep an eye out for that for next year. Also looks like we're gonna have to cut through Europa to get from one side to the other. This will also bring back life to Europa as nobody is almost ever there.

Also, two new areas: Orient is now East Asia, also Americana is splitting up and the side with Timber Wolf, Cyclone Sams, Mustang Runner, and Detonator. Also, another reason for the path being removed from Detonator to Mamba is to immerse you more in the theme.

THEMING is a huge part of the park this year, also like how the coasters restaurant is gone by mamba to make more of the theme for the mamba Area/Africa

As for Zambezi Zinger, it appears the ride is a 40-inch height requirement which is crazy they were able to make it that low, amazing job from GCI with those infinity flyer trains, also Zambezi Zinger will be part of the Fast Lane Plus Pass, BTW I would recommend grabbing Fast Lane Plus tickets for May 27th, as that's the day it's supposed to open next and the price raises to 90 Dollars for that day, so if you would like to ride the Zinger more than once on opening day, here is your chance.

Edit: Also there are a couple of new shops in Africa, with the Zinger Exit Shop and more in a little new section for the ride queue and entrance.
If you wanna check out a higher quality photo of these head to their website

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-04 8.39.48 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-04 8.39.48 AM.png
    689.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot 2023-04-04 8.41.02 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-04 8.41.02 AM.png
    399.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Here's a look at the WOF Map, You can see that it looks like the pathway from Detonator to Mamba is gone or something is happening in that area 👀, keep an eye out for that for next year. Also looks like we're gonna have to cut through Europa to get from one side to the other. This will also bring back life to Europa as nobody is almost ever there.

Also, two new areas: Orient is now East Asia, also Americana is splitting up and the side with Timber Wolf, Cyclone Sams, Mustang Runner, and Detonator. Also, another reason for the path being removed from Detonator to Mamba is to immerse you more in the theme.

THEMING is a huge part of the park this year, also like how the coasters restaurant is gone by mamba to make more of the theme for the mamba Area/Africa

As for Zambezi Zinger, it appears the ride is a 40-inch height requirement which is crazy they were able to make it that low, amazing job from GCI with those infinity flyer trains, also Zambezi Zinger will be part of the Fast Lane Plus Pass, BTW I would recommend grabbing Fast Lane Plus tickets for May 27th, as that's the day it's supposed to open next and the price raises to 90 Dollars for that day, so if you would like to ride the Zinger more than once on opening day, here is your chance.

Edit: Also there are a couple of new shops in Africa, with the Zinger Exit Shop and more in a little new section for the ride queue and entrance.
If you wanna check out a higher quality photo of these head to their website
That path being removed is to force guests to go to the new attraction. I’m glad they are redoing the coaster diner. That was out of place. Europa and Scandinavia need the most help on attractions. Scandinavia only has flat rides and a pointless walkway that goes around Nordic Chaser. Perfect place to put a smaller coaster in the future. Same goes for Europa. Need a smaller coaster eventually. The space wheee the walkway was from Detonator and Mamba should be there next big investment. Recommended entrance point would be by Detonator since Africa now holds 4 coasters. Still think a flat ride needs to be by Timber Wolf.

Last edited:

MurphNation

Mega Poster
That path being removed is to force guests to go to the new attraction. I’m glad they are redoing the coaster diner. That was out of place. Europa and Scandinavia need the most help on attractions. Scandinavia only has flat rides and a pointless walkway that goes around Nordic Chaser. Perfect place to put a smaller coaster in the future. Same goes for Europa. Need a smaller coaster eventually. The space wheee the walkway was from Detonator and Mamba should be there next big investment. Recommended entrance point would be by Detonator since Africa now holds 4 coasters. Still think a flat ride needs to be by Timber Wolf.
A nice new flat ride is definitely in need over by Timber Wolf

MurphNation

Mega Poster
New colored trains for Timber Wolf and I’m assuming Boomerang. Along with updated stations.
New Colors looks dopee, we know that the Boomerang is getting a new station but it appears timberwolf could be getting one too, that background doesn't seem familiar too me.

Also where did you find this?

EDIT: Found the website and it appears theirs a lot more updates than I even expected.

I did not write this btw, here is the link to what is copied below - https://www.publicnow.com/view/CCC90B56C5C26AB246D196B792F8A1838FEE99FF?1680705949

Here is a copy of what it says:

New Food Spots: One of the most notable upgrades is the Sand Dune Diner in the park's Africa section near Mamba. Formerly Coasters Drive-In, it is now a Casablanca-style diner deep in the heart of Africa, an oasis for guests seeking delicious diner fare, milkshakes, and cold drinks. Also check out the all-new G'Rilla Grill, with new menu items and a convenient updated storefront and ordering queue.

50th Anniversary Foods: As Worlds of Fun celebrates its 50th Anniversary, our food menu will debut new food items throughout the season. The celebration menu will include bold items like Pig Wings, Elephant Ears, a special 50th Anniversary ICEE flavor and many more delicious treats. Check our website regularly to stay up to date on the bold 50th celebration menu items all season long!

Front Street Emporium Bell Tower: Guests may not be able to see the most notable addition to Americana at first, but they will be able to hear it! The Front Street Emporium has added a bell tower that will chime every hour on the hour. The tower will be a centerpiece of Front Street and will add a touch of historical charm to the area. The buildings on Front Street will all feature traditional colonial architecture. Let freedom ring!

Europa goes European: In the Europa section of the park, visitors will find a newly constructed cobblestone plaza and fountain. The plaza features a cobblestone terrace and a beautiful fountain as its centerpiece. This upgrade will provide a European-inspired atmosphere and provide guests with a comfortable area to relax and take in the scenery. Guests will also notice the all new punch buggy and garage scene in front of Autobahn.

The colors!: Guests will also notice that some of the park's most iconic rides, such as Timberwolf and Boomerang, have received new paint and queue theming. The new color schemes will enhance the rides' overall theming and make them more visually appealing.

Timber Wolf's Facelift: Worlds of Fun's oldest and most beloved woody got a facelift over the winter, getting a brand new first drop. The wooden coaster will enter its 35th year of operation this season.

Wild West Arcade: In addition to the new dining options and ride upgrades, Worlds of Fun added a brand new arcade next to Timberwolf. The arcade will feature classic and modern arcade games, providing guests with a fun and interactive experience.

Gateway Gardens: The park's International Plaza will be transformed into the Gateway Gardens, a welcoming area overflowing with flowers and landscaping. The gardens will provide a beautiful entrance to the park and set the stage for a memorable day of fun.

Coca-Cola Marketplace Refresh: The Coca-Cola Marketplace is also receiving a refresh to resemble a vintage filling station. This upgrade will enhance the overall theming of the area and provide a unique backdrop for guests to enjoy their favorite Coca-Cola beverages.

Planet Snoopy: Lastly, Worlds of Fun added shade structures in Planet Snoopy to provide a comfortable area for families with young children to relax while spending time with the PEANUTS gang and everyone's favorite beagle.

Last edited:

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
New Colors looks dopee, we know that the Boomerang is getting a new station but it appears timberwolf could be getting one too, that background doesn't seem familiar too me.

Also where did you find this?

EDIT: Found the website and it appears theirs a lot more updates than I even expected.

I did not write this btw, here is the link to what is copied below - https://www.publicnow.com/view/CCC90B56C5C26AB246D196B792F8A1838FEE99FF?1680705949

Here is a copy of what it says:

New Food Spots: One of the most notable upgrades is the Sand Dune Diner in the park's Africa section near Mamba. Formerly Coasters Drive-In, it is now a Casablanca-style diner deep in the heart of Africa, an oasis for guests seeking delicious diner fare, milkshakes, and cold drinks. Also check out the all-new G'Rilla Grill, with new menu items and a convenient updated storefront and ordering queue.

50th Anniversary Foods: As Worlds of Fun celebrates its 50th Anniversary, our food menu will debut new food items throughout the season. The celebration menu will include bold items like Pig Wings, Elephant Ears, a special 50th Anniversary ICEE flavor and many more delicious treats. Check our website regularly to stay up to date on the bold 50th celebration menu items all season long!

Front Street Emporium Bell Tower: Guests may not be able to see the most notable addition to Americana at first, but they will be able to hear it! The Front Street Emporium has added a bell tower that will chime every hour on the hour. The tower will be a centerpiece of Front Street and will add a touch of historical charm to the area. The buildings on Front Street will all feature traditional colonial architecture. Let freedom ring!

Europa goes European: In the Europa section of the park, visitors will find a newly constructed cobblestone plaza and fountain. The plaza features a cobblestone terrace and a beautiful fountain as its centerpiece. This upgrade will provide a European-inspired atmosphere and provide guests with a comfortable area to relax and take in the scenery. Guests will also notice the all new punch buggy and garage scene in front of Autobahn.

The colors!: Guests will also notice that some of the park's most iconic rides, such as Timberwolf and Boomerang, have received new paint and queue theming. The new color schemes will enhance the rides' overall theming and make them more visually appealing.

Timber Wolf's Facelift: Worlds of Fun's oldest and most beloved woody got a facelift over the winter, getting a brand new first drop. The wooden coaster will enter its 35th year of operation this season.

Wild West Arcade: In addition to the new dining options and ride upgrades, Worlds of Fun added a brand new arcade next to Timberwolf. The arcade will feature classic and modern arcade games, providing guests with a fun and interactive experience.

Gateway Gardens: The park's International Plaza will be transformed into the Gateway Gardens, a welcoming area overflowing with flowers and landscaping. The gardens will provide a beautiful entrance to the park and set the stage for a memorable day of fun.

Coca-Cola Marketplace Refresh: The Coca-Cola Marketplace is also receiving a refresh to resemble a vintage filling station. This upgrade will enhance the overall theming of the area and provide a unique backdrop for guests to enjoy their favorite Coca-Cola beverages.

Planet Snoopy: Lastly, Worlds of Fun added shade structures in Planet Snoopy to provide a comfortable area for families with young children to relax while spending time with the PEANUTS gang and everyone's favorite beagle.
I took the roller coaster stuff only. Seemed appropriate haha. I’m glad they are giving some life to Europa. Needed it desperately. Makes sense though. A lot more traffic will be going through there to Africa.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
Definitely need some life in Europa, something interesting for further expansion that I noticed is this article from CP Food Blog: https://cpfoodblog.com/rides-removed-at-worlds-of-fun/

Two rides backing up to the space we were talking about are being removed this year, the picture below shows it, it's also with noting that you can see the road that will be no longer there. Would love to see something nice put in there.

Attachments

• Worlds-of-Fun-Planet-Snoopy-Aerial.jpg
    Worlds-of-Fun-Planet-Snoopy-Aerial.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 50