What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

opivy028

Mega Poster
It’s interesting seeing which parts have Titan track and which don’t. None of the valleys that I anticipate will be roughest seem to have it, literally stops part way down the first drop before it hits the valley, and then the only other section is the turn around the spiral lift, which also shouldn’t be too intense of a point when it comes to roughness. I really don’t understand why they made these particular choices.

hersheyfan410

Roller Poster
It’s interesting seeing which parts have Titan track and which don’t. None of the valleys that I anticipate will be roughest seem to have it, literally stops part way down the first drop before it hits the valley, and then the only other section is the turn around the spiral lift, which also shouldn’t be too intense of a point when it comes to roughness. I really don’t understand why they made these particular choices.
I think the Titan track is placed on some corners and banking because those elements experience more dynamic forces. While the valleys do experience high positive gs, I would be willing to bet these sections are easier to design and maintain because of their location near the ground. Also in my admittedly short experience, corners/helixes are usually the roughest part of a wooden coaster because they tear themselves apart rather quickly.

opivy028

Mega Poster
I think the Titan track is placed on some corners and banking because those elements experience more dynamic forces. While the valleys do experience high positive gs, I would be willing to bet these sections are easier to design and maintain because of their location near the ground. Also in my admittedly short experience, corners/helixes are usually the roughest part of a wooden coaster because they tear themselves apart rather quickly.
That would be reasonable if they placed the Titan track in the corners/banked spots/snappier transitions, but watching the video it just appears to be two sections of the track, the lift through partway down the first drop plus the hill/turnaround around the lift. The highest stress spots appear to be left wooden as far as I can tell. Perhaps the places they chose to do Titan track would’ve been the hardest to shape wood for, hence being more costly to manufacture/replace, but it doesn’t appear to be in the traditionally roughest spots imho.

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster

It was primarily two reasons. Precision was needed on the lift hill to maintain the track gauge to very low tolerances. The second reason was aesthetics for the turn around the lift hill to maintain a similar look to the original ZZ for nostalgia. It wasn't really much to do with wear and tear.

opivy028

Mega Poster
It was primarily two reasons. Precision was needed on the lift hill to maintain the track gauge to very low tolerances. The second reason was aesthetics for the turn around the lift hill to maintain a similar look to the original ZZ for nostalgia. It wasn't really much to do with wear and tear.
Ah ok that makes sense to me. On second thought the coaster isn’t large and GCIs age pretty well in my experience so maintenance/retracking wouldn’t be a huge need, at least not enough to need Titan track in place of typical retracking.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
RUU9cOd.png

https://www.worldsoffun.com/rides-experiences/zambezi-zinger

Whoops.

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
Sorry for the double post. A WoF regular on Facebook noted that a bunch of employees were cheering and taking pics in the ZZ station and eventually rode it within the past hour.

My phone is being difficult (maybe me with the handful of beers drank) otherwise I'd add a photo and link.

hootie3

Roller Poster
Sorry for the triple post, ha, but I feel this deserves a bump. ZZ has opened to passholders today.
Have they announced the general public opening inside the park yet? I don't see any announcement on their Twitter page yet. I'll be there in less than 2 weeks, coming from Florida, and it will likely be my #200 if open.

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
Have they announced the general public opening inside the park yet? I don't see any announcement on their Twitter page yet. I'll be there in less than 2 weeks, coming from Florida, and it will likely be my #200 if open.

Not that I'm aware of but I'm not at the park. The park also didn't make any kind of announcement about it opening to passholders so who knows.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
I rode the Zinger a couple times Saturday with my gold pass and I was very pleased with the coaster! Many people including I have been waiting for a new coaster to come to WOF and that time has finally came. The coaster is very zippy and fast feeling with not much airtime to it which was a huge let down but the intensity of the ride surprised me and probably why the height requirement was raised to 48. When riding I could really tell the difference between when the track was wood and the titan track. Only one train was running Saturday but operations were really good especially with it being the first time the public could ride it and scattered storms all around the KC area. My favorite part of the ride is definetly the ending but most importantly the tunnel, you whip into that tunnel faster than you think and the back is definitely the best place to ride.

I really like this coaster and is the best themed ride in the entire park. I've been debating where to put the coaster on my list and it's really tied beween prowler for second behind Mamba. I think when comparing the ride to prowler, prowler offers way more airtime then the Zinger, but the Zinger has some sort of different feel then you get from your average coaster. You'll have to decide for yourself when you get to ride it and remember to get as many people as you can to come to the park to ride this thing as if this does good it will lead to future investments.

Thanks!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I rode it Tuesday June 20th. My first visit to the park ever.

It is so shockingly mediocre and that's being nice.

The park was absolutely dead, but they were still handing out timed slots to return.

Both trains are on the track and running, but they're only loading one. The other they release the bars and recheck them. The bars don't auto raise, and they're the kind which are resistant when you push them up. Instantly looses masses of points for being a useless broken pos, I won't lie. I am absolutely bias towards coasters which are stupid operationally.

The lift would be cool I guess, but the ride is SO LOUD the volume distracts from everything else. I spent the entire ride just in awe of how loud it was.

It starts lame and ramps up to a surprisingly relentless experience not dissimilar to the likes of Voyage in the sense that it gets faster and faster and is honestly quite a long ride. But at it's best moments it's ultimately just doing what Prowler has been doing next door for almost a couple decades, worse.

I even think Timber Wolf is a better ride, frankly... It's just so mediocre and the gimmick is such a nothing burger that is cute only to the 5 people who know the history.

Why the hell they decided to go with this sort of woodie layout over something more airtime focused just to differentiate it I have no clue. Really weird choice with Prowler RIGHT THERE.

Big load of empty farts. Cannot believe the high praise it's been getting. Absolute clown show.

Anyway, Prowler and Mamba kick SO much arse and Patriot is pretty great too! I can see why locals would be excited for something new from this pretty neglected park, but Zinger is a turd amongst gems.

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend

The park was absolutely dead, but they were still handing out timed slots to return.

Both trains are on the track and running, but they're only loading one. The other they release the bars and recheck them. The bars don't auto raise, and they're the kind which are resistant when you push them up. Instantly looses masses of points for being a useless broken pos, I won't lie. I am absolutely bias towards coasters which are stupid operationally.

The lift would be cool I guess, but the ride is SO LOUD the volume distracts from everything else. I spent the entire ride just in awe of how loud it was.

It starts lame and ramps up to a surprisingly relentless experience not dissimilar to the likes of Voyage in the sense that it gets faster and faster and is honestly quite a long ride. But at it's best moments it's ultimately just doing what Prowler has been doing next door for almost a couple decades, worse.

I even think Timber Wolf is a better ride, frankly... It's just so mediocre and the gimmick is such a nothing burger that is cute only to the 5 people who know the history.

Why the hell they decided to go with this sort of woodie layout over something more airtime focused just to differentiate it I have no clue. Really weird choice with Prowler RIGHT THERE.

Big load of empty farts. Cannot believe the high praise it's been getting. Absolute clown show.

Anyway, Prowler and Mamba kick SO much arse and Patriot is pretty great too! I can see why locals would be excited for something new from this pretty neglected park, but Zinger is a turd amongst gems.
This! Rode it last weekend :)

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Rode this on the 17th and want to echo the sentiment this thing is just not good. I only have it above the boomerang and spinner in terms of the parks coaster rankings. Brand new and it isn't anywhere close to smooth, the damn thing gave me a headache for ****s sake. Also the fact the restraints just consistently get tighter and tighter as the ride gets more and more intense is a HUGE swing and a miss. Infinity flyers so far really missing the mark for me. So yeah, echoing a lot of this.