What's new

Who should take over what park?

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
So, it happens all the time. A major park gets bought out by another company. It just happened with Indiana Beach, and its look like the Busch Gardens Parks are next.

So my question for you is, if you could have one company take over one park, which would it be?
I think that Apex Parks Group (RIP Al Weber Jr, you were a true legend) should take over Michigans Great Adventure. It would really complete their lineup since right now they have a lof of FECs and two really small "thrill parks." Another one for me would be The Koch Family or Park Reunidos with the Busch Gardens Parks. I have to say, I amy be a little biased towarsds them since I am an Indiana local, but they've done a great job with Holiday World.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I don't really think that there is a specific combo of company and park that should happen, but there are a few things I do want. I think that the Koch Family and Herschend should expand the company to other parks. I also think that The Great Escape, Michigan's Adventure, Dorney Park, and Valleyfair should be separated from their parent companies to help revive these parks, and that Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Knott's Berry Farm have great potential as independent parks. Not saying that Herschend should buy Michigan's Adventure, but rather other parks/companies I didn't mention.

Will

Strata Poster
Merlin should not take over anywhere.
If anything, it's their parks that should be being taken over - especially those on British shores, before they die on their arses entirely. I'd have said that earlier, but thought it was too obvious.

spicy

Giga Poster
Yea Merlin shouldn't take over the Busch Parks, although they are already kind of related as the Busch Parks are owned by SeaWorld Parks which is owned by Blackstone which is the same company that owns Merlin.

Would love to see Universal take over a park in Europe. Still think it's such a shame Universal pulled out of Port Aventura so early on without ever truly making their mark. They had planned an entire Universal Studios park and City Walk area (can't find the plans haven't seem them in years, be great to see them again if someone has them). Right now we could have been getting Diagon Alley instead of Ferrari Land :(

Still there is hope we may one day see Universal in Europe with them currently building plenty of new parks (Beijing, South Korea, Russia) I assume they have always been put off Europe after seeing the financial disaster of DLP.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Merlin should buy out Busch. Just sayin'.
No. Merlin is not touching BGW.

I personally think Universal should take Port Aventura back. If they would have invested in bringing back some of their newer IPs (in the parks that is) to Port Aventura such as Harry Potter, DreamWorks properties, etc., they could have made it big.

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
Yea Merlin shouldn't take over the Busch Parks, although they are already kind of related as the Busch Parks are owned by SeaWorld Parks which is owned by Blackstone which is the same company that owns Merlin.

Sush! If people find out, Blackstone might merge the two property giants! Keep them seperate!

Gangster4Life

Mega Poster
Flamingo Land should buy Lightwater Valley. That way FL would have decent rides, and own 2 Yorkshire parks, plus LWV would get some decent credits. :)

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Extremely naive suggestion but I think it would be cool if Herschend ran the Busch parks. I feel like the market is similar and from what I've seen the parks look comparable.