What's new

Which Park...

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I got really excited at Cedar Point, especially because the first night I was there I went to the back entrance by Magnum so I was in the car going through the side of the park drooling over all the great views of the coasters and the park at sunset.

I was also really excited to visit SFMM for my first time in 2006, just a couple weeks after Tatsu opened.

Kebab

Giga Poster
PortAventura by far! Landing at Reus night-time and seeing that ridiculously huge 330 foot drop tower and a pile of lit-up red scribble next to it gave me chills. No park has ever made me have heart palpatations other than PortAventura; looking at Hurakan gives you that terrified feeling, but in a good way :)

And the morning I got up for my first visit to PortAventura; it was the first time I saw the park in daylight. Looking from my hotel balcony made me jizz uncontrollably in my pants.

RIMG0004.jpg

I do like it when I see Stealth at Thorpe Park towering above the trees when you're getting really close. What a sight :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
rollermonkey said:
I'll admit that I was pretty excited for my first trip to Cedar Point. Now, I dread going there, as I've come to feel that it's absolute garbage.

And MF is my # 1 steel, and I still feel the park is crap.
I agree - to an extent. We were very excited as we spotted the park from across the tiny Sandusky airport and that only grew as we headed over the crossway. That sensation lasted the first few times we visited the park.
I don't exactly dread going there now days, but the thrill is long gone.
Oh, and MF is nowhere near my #1. :p

SFMM gave me a bit of that feeling, just because I had to wait so long to finally be able to make it there. It was a park that I wanted to visit for years.

The only other time I've gotten that feeling was before my first US Live and this year's Euro Live. Couldn't wait to meet all you lovelies face-to-face! :--D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
rollermonkey said:
:lol:

CP is a huge park, world-class even. I just don't like it.

There's a lot of rides there, sure. But in nearly every case, there are better examples, or better run versions of every ride at other parks.

That's what I mean when I say it's "the world's largest collection of mediocre coasters".

Do you know what? I said exactly the same to Jerry when in the States. While Cedar Point is certainly a place every enthusiast should go to, there isn't actually anything there which makes me really excited by the idea of the place.

I think it's great having so many rides in the one park, and I'm sure that there's more to the park than just the rides. I just don't see any of the rides being anything really "special". It's like Thorpe x 4. Lots of good stuff, but there's a better version of each ride (often somewhere in the same country :) ).

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Always used to get it, but don't seem to now, nothing at BPB gave it me, but back in the summer Alton realy did get me going, much more than probably every other time but my first one or two times, including Scarefest, which didn't get me from the start, but buillt up through the day, then Flamingo Land was back to normality, apart from Cliff Hanger, which I guess is for the obvious reason of it being the tallest tower ride in the UK and shooting you twice without warning, and because it was the first ride I went on there. Same happened at Camelot, Knightmare didn't excite me before I went on it either.

Ollie

CF Legend
Phantasialand and Disney both got me REALLY excited before I got in the park and both parks were amazing.
Also Karolinelund was pretty exciting seeing the massive SCAD Tower. The rest of the park wasn't too great though.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Mine will probably be the wierdest. I got excited before I went to Drayton Manor.

Two reasons really. I was meeting with people who I hadn't seen in ages, and also because it was the first new park I had been to in ages! So nothing to do with the park itself really.

marc

CF Legend
SFMM, I had been wanting to go there since the age of 10. Had seen the park in films and so many coaster TV programes. I remember when they built rides like Superman and X as they were in the news.

So to finally go there last year was a dream come true :)

We were not going to go there until the 3rd day of our trip, but this soon changed and we made this the 1st park of the trip even though we were staying at Disney lol.

M_Force_4_ever

Roller Poster
I've had a special rush of excitement for a few parks upon arrival; Magic Mountain, Walibi World, Great Adventure and I think it's because I had looked a lot into these parks before I had visited them, and played their scenarios in RCT2 haha

M_Force_4_ever

Roller Poster
Uncle Arly said:
Most parks really. Roller coasters are my passion, so anywhere they are, I get excited.

I completely agree, any time I know I'm about to go to a park as soon as I see it I get really excited to go ride some rides and have fun!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Looking back, and I mean WAAAAY back, probably 6FMM when I went the first time back in 1993 gave me that sense of being impressive.