What's new

Which Park...

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Have you most been affected by, ie; you get a sudden rush of adrenaline & excitement because it was your first visit?
The park in which couldn't believe you was at when you first entered the car park, you thought you was dreaming.

I got this a lot when I was like 13, I just suddenly began jumping around in the car park, bursting to get into the park.

Dave

CF Legend
Strangely it was Corkscrews Last Day, I think it was answering the calls from radio stations on behalf of Ian while driving to the Towers, then all the press coverage, just very exciting to be part of.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Alton used to do that to me when I was younger. Never sleeped at all the night before the trip up there! Such Magic.

CP last year. Going down the freeway past Huron, seeing TTD pop out from the trees! OMG Feeling. Went down to the lakeside on the first evening. You could just see Magnum in the distance. I almost wet myself.

They are the main ones. Thorpe never really had that magic other than back in 2002/03, then it lost it somehow. I so wish I could turn back time on that park...

My first visit back to Cedar Point when I was twelve was pretty exciting, because it was my first time to a park with huge coasters.

Six Flags Great Adventure was crazy though because I never thought I'd go there ever, and when I got there it was like, whoa, I'm here!

Actually come to think of it, 90% of the parks I went to this season are parks I never thought I'd go to in the near future..

Brookes

Giga Poster
When I went to Florida and we were driving from the airport to our hotel, and I could see Kraken through the trees, I got so excited. Also, when driving to Busch Gardens I saw Montu in the distance and was really excited.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
My first time to Disneyland Paris in 2001 was very exciting. Seeing the spectular structure of Space Mountain appear above the treetops as we approached on the Eurostar... just awesome.

peep

CF Legend
I get excited about going to any park if it's part of a CF Live. I also get excited about every trip to Chessington and Disney land Paris (especially my first trip with school in 2005 and every time I've been at Halloween).

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
When I go to Thorpe Park I start to shake and my lip quivers. I cant have breakfast on the days that I go to a theme park because I feel sick after.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
There was always two parks for me that I'd always wanted to visit.

The first one was Alton Towers.

When I arranged to go,it was about 12 weeks in advance,and I was counting down the days like a kid waiting for Christmas.

After that it was Port Aventura,and again the countdown was unbearable. :lol:

Both parks gave me that,"Please pinch me,because I can't believe I'm really here" feeling.

RCF

Strata Poster
Cedar Point by far. I had never been anywhere with coasters that were taller than 200 ft. before I went there. But for me it's pretty much anywhere that has big coasters and great looking rides that gets me excited.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I'll admit that I was pretty excited for my first trip to Cedar Point. Now, I dread going there, as I've come to feel that it's absolute garbage.

And MF is my # 1 steel, and I still feel the park is crap.

^ Well guess what? SFGAM IS CRAP! :p

Nah I'm kidding, I actually much prefer SFGAm as a whole than I do Cedar Point, even though Cedar Point has better coasters. I've come to kind of get sick of the park as well though, but that could be because I've been there enough times where I've done everything enough where it has become kinda meh to me. Take out Maverick, Dragster, and MaXair, and I wouldn't have an inkling of a desire to return.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
:lol:

We had this conversation on the midway in front of Bull, but most people here weren't present for it.

CP is a huge park, world-class even. I just don't like it.

There's a lot of rides there, sure. But in nearly every case, there are better examples, or better run versions of every ride at other parks.

That's what I mean when I say it's "the world's largest collection of mediocre coasters".

I'd rather ride Batman, Montu or Pyrenees than Raptor, Riddler's or Georgia Scorcher than Mantis, Stealth, Zaturn or Ka than Dragster, etc. etc. etc.

It's even the same with with the flats. Rye Playland runs the Derby Racer balls-to-the-wall, while Cedar Downs is a snoozer, Maxxair runs the weakest program of any of the Giant Frisbee rides anywhere.

The 'theme' is mostly that of an overcrowded carnival. ZZZzzz... The western section is nice, but I wish they did something, anything with other areas of the park.

So, in the long run, I have far more fun going to the smaller CF parks or independant parks, even if CP did more for my coaster-count than any other.

Snoo

The Legend
Of course, we have gone a bit more then you have.. who knows they might have updated all the crap! :p (Most of it no..)

For me, I always get that burst of adrenaline anytime I visit a new place, but my last time I was really crazy super excited was when I visited Six Flags Great Adventure for the first time. Seeing Ka and Toro on the skyline just gave me a super hard erection.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
rollermonkey said:
:lol:

We had this conversation on the midway in front of Bull, but most people here weren't present for it.

CP is a huge park, world-class even. I just don't like it.

There's a lot of rides there, sure. But in nearly every case, there are better examples, or better run versions of every ride at other parks.

That's what I mean when I say it's "the world's largest collection of mediocre coasters".

I'd rather ride Batman, Montu or Pyrenees than Raptor, Riddler's or Georgia Scorcher than Mantis, Stealth, Zaturn or Ka than Dragster, etc. etc. etc.

It's even the same with with the flats. Rye Playland runs the Derby Racer balls-to-the-wall, while Cedar Downs is a snoozer, Maxxair runs the weakest program of any of the Giant Frisbee rides anywhere.

The 'theme' is mostly that of an overcrowded carnival. ZZZzzz... The western section is nice, but I wish they did something, anything with other areas of the park.

So, in the long run, I have far more fun going to the smaller CF parks or independant parks, even if CP did more for my coaster-count than any other.

Oh, come on, I'm going to CP in a month; don't ruin it for me. :(

That aside, going to SFGAdv was definitely that park for me, because I never thought we'd go. I live in MA, the park's in NJ. Now, of course, I've been like, seven times, but still. Also, Disney World gives me that feeling; it's my favorite place to be, and I love all the parks.

Ali

Mega Poster
SFGAdv. definatly, I couldn't believe that I was actually there as we drove into the parking lot next to KK, El Toro, S:UF and GASM. Also waiting for the train to be dispatched on EGF was pretty unbelievable. <3