What's new

Which park is...

10ryansmith

Roller Poster
For me, the two that come to mind when thinking about relaxing are Holiday World and Dollywood. They are both somewhat small and they are great for just sitting and eating something. Dollywood has all the trees and all the old crafts that they make are so cool. Hoilday World has that somewhat wooded apperance as well, somewhat. They both also only has three or four rides that I have to ride when I go there and on a slow day, that means that I have the other half of the day to just chill. With Holiday World, the other half of the day would more than likely go to Splansh N' Safari, but not always.

I hate Disney. All of the little kids screaming and all the crowds of people that are there even if it is a "slow" day. Disney is the late place that I would go to to relax. Cedar Fair and Six Flags parks are unrelaxing as well, there are so many rides.

carolinacoasterfreak

Roller Poster
I'd have to say I can relax best at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. The setting there is just perfect with how they have the park set up. Also Valley Fair is a great place. It's a small enough park that still has great rides.

As far as not being able to relax, I would deffinitly say Disney and Universal parks. They have good rides and everything, but they are just too crazy. I'm going out to Cedar Point this summer for a couple of days so I'm sure that will also be a place that is crazy all the time.

Steven

Giga Poster
For me:

Can't: Disney Paris Both, Thorpe, BPB, Oakwood.
Both: Chessington, Alton Towers, Sea World Florida,
Can:parc Asterix, Paultons, Disney Florida, Buch Gardens Florida, Cypress Gardens Florida.

There are a few more but I can go into detail but cannot be bothered.

Louis!

Mega Poster
Parc Asterix was relaxing. As was Oakwood & Paulton's.

I can have a relaxed time in Thorpe, especially during term-time when it's less busy, but more often then not its not greatly relaxing.

Disney Paris can be relaxing if you've got the time to meander around and take everything in, however if not much time is available and you're trying to get a lot done it isnt so great especially if you're stuck queueing for Tower of Terror for a good couple of hours and people are persistantly trying to queue jump.

So yeah Parc Asterix for me is most relaxing.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I find Chessington hard to relax in, it's too cramped and the park can't cope with busy days. Get some high throughput rides, add a new land and then we can talk.

Thorpe Park can be stressful, but when all the rides are open, it can handle the crowd.

Disneyland Paris is the way to go <3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Thorpe for me now. Brilliant park. You can sit around for hours doing nothing there... ;)

Kebab

Giga Poster
If you want a pint just go to PortAventura. Ignore the rides and just sit back, relax and soak up the beautiful scenery. :)

marc

CF Legend
Magic Kingdom Orlando. I walk through the gates and feel the rest of the world is behind me, it really does make me feel like I am in another world.

I can not relax at Thorpe, its my least favorite park even when the rides are open. I always feel rushed there and I dont think its good on a busy day. It just has not buzz about it at all.

Ollie

CF Legend
Last Sunday reminded me of how much I love Paultons. There's lots of grass and trees and it's so relaxing. :)

Tom

Hyper Poster
Has to be Oakwood.

Field after field of quiet grassland, the only interuption to the air of the country is the distant roar of Megafobia. And you can really enjoy the atmosphere because after a few hours you've done everything meaning you have time to relax.

I mean, there's a herd of sheep that lives underneath Megafobia! That shows how relaxed the park is...

A

Anonymous

i havn't been to many places...but as much as i love thorpe, that is defo not at all a good place for relaxing, the only grassy bit to chill really is like by Tidal Wave...which is rather pathetic.
But thenn chessie & alton towers are great, loads of open spaces :D

xkirstyx

Roller Poster
legoland windsor definitley good for chilling and great for a picnic thorpe park there is like no where for a picnin where its kinda scenic but i neva plan to chill wen im at a theme park and alton towers has a many places to sit and relax aswell. it has nothing to do with the subject but thorpe park hasnt got that many family friendly rides