What's new

Which park is...

Jools

Giga Poster
ciallkennett said:
I can relax at Pleasurewood Hills. It's so peaceful, even during the summer.

One I can't is Thorpe. If I even tried to relax, I would be kicked by some Chavs or hear an overwhelming roar of 'Zoop zoop zopp'

My closest parks and I totally agree with you.

GO PLEASUREWOOD

:p

I;m such a fanboy :lol:

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Alton Towers and Chessington are great parks for relaxing.

Chessington has always had that chilled out feel to it,plus it's nice to just wander around the Zoo.

Altons great if you fancy long walks,which to be honest I sometimes prefer than taking the Skyride,it gives that breather in between rides.

On the other end of the scale is Thorpe,but why I can't quite put my finger on it.
Ben said:
Thorpe is the exact opposite. I just feel tense and under pressure when I'm there.

^That's it.

Snoo

The Legend
Jerry said:
Waldameer... All are great small parks with fun rides, plenty to do, but never a rush to do it all.

Funny, the only time I was ever a little bit rushed at Waldameer is when we went Jerry.. and it wasn't because of the park, but simply because we wanted to whore up Ravine Flyer as many times as we can. RFII = Sex.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
We weren't in that much of a hurry bud. If we were we wouldn't have left the park to take photos from the tower behind the overflow parking, the other side & bottom of the ravine and ate all those buffalo wings. :wink:

But yeah, we had to boogie a bit when we returned. Loved it!

Ali

Mega Poster
A few trips on the Cable Cars at AT really chills me out.
But I can never relax at BPB.... It's all so frantic all the time.
Also when I'm at Thorpe I always think that one of the chavs is going to steal my bag or something when I go on the rides.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Cedar Point or Alton are the best.

The worst is Waldameer. I felt like I was going to be shot there and the place is more of a dump that that large tip 1/2 mile from me.

nealbie

CF Legend
Thorpe and Blackpool I agree are universally stressy days out, unless it's a Live in which case that's the only time ever that I've had fun at TP.

Alton Towers is so wonderful, the picturesque manor house and surrounding gardens, plus at lunch time when I go with my family I love it when we just wander into the woodland areas and have a calm relaxing picnic :)

CMonster

Giga Poster
I think Busch Gardens Tampa. Since i've been there alot, I'm not rushed to ride any rides or anything.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I find myself able to relax more at parks where either:

1) I have been there so many times I don't need to run around trying to ride everything

2) I haven't been there but I have multiple days to enjoy myself

Exactly the same with me so parks like Valleyfair I can relax in no problem. (Although I won't be going much next year so I might not.) Elitch Gardens as well but new parks I feel like I still need to get everything in.

Error

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Waldameer I can go by myself, Cedar Point I can't. Wally is a nice, little quaint place which never has long lines.. while Cedar Point is the exact opposite.

Sums it up nicely and exactly.

*watches as I now don't get hired by CP*

Emmett

Giga Poster
The most relaxing park I've been to was Toverland. It was so friendly and there is tonnes of rooms to chill out and relax and with most of the attractions spread out the park doesn't seem cluttered and it doesn't get overcrowded or busy.

My least relaxing park would have to be Alton Towers. There is just something about the place which I never liked. It feels to crowded and it feels like I should be rushing around and doing everything. Also the long distances bewteen the areas is a right pain in the arse and stresses me out when walking between them. I've never enjoyed going there.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
The most relaxing park I have been to was probably pleasurewood hills because there's alot of space and the rides are spred out nicely. I also enjoyed when I went to BPB because when I went it was completely empty so I could take my time. I also think Alton towers is very relaxing because its so big.

M_Force_4_ever

Roller Poster
I found Knoebel's to be quite relaxing. I've also found these other parks to be some what relaxing; Geauga Lake (RIP), La Ronde, Walibi World, Darien Lake.

A

Anonymous

can relax: PortAventura
can't relax: Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Rush

Giga Poster
I don't think I've been to many relaxing parks.

Probably the most relaxing I've been to is Sea World Orlando as it was more about seeing the animals then the rides. I took it at a nice pace and as it was so hot, it was nice to sit down and watch the shows instead of standing in a long queue.

Rob

Mega Poster
PortAventura has to be the most relaxing park I've ever been to. Especially staying in the hotels, you have so long to enjoy the park and the extended opening hours allow for plenty of time to explore and enjoy the park and rides. Its brilliant :D

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Can relax: Pleasure Beach. Plenty of places to chill out, Italian Job, The Arena, The Globe, Ice Lounge...

Cant relax: Thorpe Park.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Rob said:
PortAventura has to be the most relaxing park I've ever been to. Especially staying in the hotels, you have so long to enjoy the park and the extended opening hours allow for plenty of time to explore and enjoy the park and rides. Its brilliant :D

110% agree with you. However nothing beats relaxing in China overlooking Dragon Khan and the great wall, at sunset, with one of those enourmous pints of beer :)

I would have to count the Mediterraenea area as a runner up. At peak time when the sun is a **** nothing beats sitting under shade by that lake listening to the roar of Baco rush past you every now and then. With a pint of course :p

A

Anonymous

Liseberg!!

The atmosphere there is just so nice, it's one of those places where you really can relax. When you enter the park through the main entrance you feel great.