What's new

Which park is...

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Which park is the best park you can go and relax in on your own? And which park can't you relax at?

In a recent convo with another CF member, we were discussing about parks we can relax in. I find that I cannot relax at Thorpe, due to the fact there is not much grassy area making the park feel more relaxing, and just pounds you with high intensity rides. Whereas if I goto Chessie, I can relax, and it feels more fresh with more grass.

So whats yours?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Same really...

Though Oakwood is also very good for the whole relaxing part if you want to...

When Thorpe had the farm it was ok, since as it was dead it was awesome...

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Where i can relax= Alton towers, simply because its in such a relaxing enviroment because of all of its trees and its serenity.

Where i cant relax= Blackpool

Ollie

CF Legend
Oakwood and Paultons both really relaxing atmospheres and are really enjoyable to just walk round quietly.
Whereas Thorpe and Blackpool aren't very relaxing and feel very busy as everyone is rushing about.

Snoo

The Legend
Waldameer I can go by myself, Cedar Point I can't. Wally is a nice, little quaint place which never has long lines.. while Cedar Point is the exact opposite.

I find myself able to relax more at parks where either:

1) I have been there so many times I don't need to run around trying to ride everything

2) I haven't been there but I have multiple days to enjoy myself

So yeah, it doesn't really depend on the scenery or the crowds in a park for me, just whether or not I have to rush or be relaxed.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Alton definitely. It's nice to have a picnic on a hot day in that big field area near Spinball and the lake. :)

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Can't relax in Thorpe, need to prevent muggings.

I can relax in Legoland the most. I have been to Legoland (my nearest park) and not gone on rides, just look about the Miniland and stuff.. There is a lot of grass and a large pond. It's very clean and kept well and the atmosphere is really nice.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Hard Rock was mine...
It was very peaceful there-- I could just sit for hours and watch people and things.

For parks that aren't closed, I guess Hershey fits that. I always thought the atmosphere there was very relaxing.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Port Aventura is mine. I just love the atmosphere of the whole park and the theming in the 5 different areas is top notch. There are plenty of places to relax and watch shows or just stroll around taking in the atmosphere.

Thorpe is probably the least relaxing, it's a bit bland and all the themes just run into each other and the park isn't that big either and the **** closing time of what 5 or 6 in June means you have to rush to get everything in on a busy day. Still enjoyed myself though thanks to fast track!

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
Parks that are natually easily to relax:
Disneyland
Knotts (Only because I've been there so many times)

Not easy to relax in:
CP, unless your there for more than 1 day.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Paultons Park. The place is just lovely with a great atmosphere.

Maybe because it's my local park that I've been visiting since I was about 5 year old, but it's just so peaceful despite plenty of kids about.

The park is also quite small but has a great feeling of space so there's not much walking between rides but you feel like each area is an adventure.

One of the best parks in the country simply because it's not trying to be something it's not, or trying too hard.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Probably DisneySea for me. Even though the place was busy, it never felt crowded and I never felt like I was rushing to get things done. It's a great feeling to enjoy the walks between rides as much as the rides themselves.

Least relaxing is probably Lotte World. Great park, but with so much stuff crammed into such a small space it always tends to feel crowded and a bit claustrophobic, even on quiet days. I usually leave that place feeling exhausted.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
CedarPoint6 said:
Hard Rock was mine...
It was very peaceful there-- I could just sit for hours and watch people

Or not... ;)

Oakwood for me. There are only three rides there, and they're all a spit away from each other - yet I NEVER do everything there. I just spend loads of time chilling and not doing.

It's why I love the park (I love the rides too, so it's not like I'm bored and that's why I'm not riding).

Alton is hit and miss, but there are lots of opportunities to have a relax.

spicy

Giga Poster
Alton I can because whenever I go there I always stay in one of the hotels and chill out in the spa.
So I can run around riding everything then chill out in the evening and then get pissed as a parrot in the bar :)

Chessington is a relaxing park in general don't think I have ever felt stressed there even when its busy, and the greedy goblin pub is awesome. Hopefully the food will go back to what it was like at the beginning of the season because it went downhill for a bit.

Thorpe on the other hand when its packed, eugh... The only bit of grass is the BBQ tents garden where they serve drinks and can chill out in the summer but even then you have Slammer right next to you full of people screaming.

Disney parks are relaxing in general I find.

PA is relaxing, you have cold Bud on every corner with fresh fruit which is a nice touch, also Costa Caribe is really nice to chill out in the sun.

Ben

CF Legend
CedarPoint6 said:
Hard Rock was mine...
It was very peaceful there-- I could just sit for hours and watch people and things.

Well, I don't know about could, wasn't it more you had to sit there for hours before another person would appear for you to watch...?

I'd say Alton, but I've never really gone to a park to relax... Places like Waldameer I could include too.

Thorpe is the exact opposite. I just feel tense and under pressure when I'm there.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'd have to say that Lake Compounce it top of my list as far as relaxing parks, followed by Lakemont Park, Waldameer & Knoebels. All are great small parks with fun rides, plenty to do, but never a rush to do it all.
As far a big parks are concerned I find BGE quite relaxing and I enjoy the atmosphere much more when I take it easy.

CP, SFGAdv & SFOG are parks I never really relax in because there's always too much to ride & do. The parks are also quite spread out, so I also find myself constantly crisscrossing the park to re-ride my favorite rides.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I can relax at Pleasurewood Hills. It's so peaceful, even during the summer.

One I can't is Thorpe. If I even tried to relax, I would be kicked by some Chavs or hear an overwhelming roar of 'Zoop zoop zopp'