What's new

What's your favourite Alton Towers ride?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Considering that I haven't been on 13 yet (probably not missing much though), My favourite ride is either Spinball or Nemesis.

Spinball because of it's spinny goodness, nice retheme, a good track layout and decent length.

Nemesis because of it's brilliant track layout, it's closeness to the ground, brilliant theme, it looks good and it has a quicker single rider throughputs than most of the other rides. Short though.

Overall, I think Nemesis is my favourite ride but with Spinball a close second.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Spinball better than Oblivion... wft are you on?! :p

Beans

Hyper Poster
Oblivion all the way, the only coaster that still gives me that tingle in the stomach just before the drop, no matter how many times i ride it always get a big buzz.

Kebab

Giga Poster
^Hex is a great ride but I couldn't class it as the best ride in the park, I hardly go running back to it for more. In terms of theming it towers above everything else in the park, but overall ride experience? Please expand on this. :)

And to the one who mentioned Spinball, fair opinion, but to be honest it's just a filler. I have fun on it, that's for sure, but it's nowhere near in equality to Nemesis. Try out Winjas! :p

pebs34

Roller Poster
Sorry to be boring but it has to be Nemesis, then Oblivion. Also i love the Sky Ride, the views when you are over the gardens are amazing.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
as predictable as ever I choose Nemesis. It always get's me how great it is! Every time I think of alton or the amount of times people bang on about how good it is, I start to doubt my love of the ride. "is it really that good". But every single time I go back and ride I come off thinking "oh yeah THAT why I love it"

Next Oblivion, mainly because I have proper cravings to ride it. I love the drop, it's pure bliss for me.

I'd rate the other big rides on the same level I feel, maybe putting Spinball and Air a little higher (I think they're great rides and are slightly underrated). Dark Forest's rides leave me a little underwhelmed, but they're still fun, Rita's launch and Thirteen's drop, still get me going.

alexdude98

Mega Poster
I'm going to have to do a joint two.

Nemesis - A brilliant coaster all round. The themeing with the Ribena blood still makes me chuckle. Going up the lift hill makes me think of the joy I'm about to experience every time! And when I'm speeding round I hardly take any of it in. I just enjoy each loop for 2 seconds and let the thrill build up. And when it's finished, I feel so happy.

Oblivion - Like Mike I still get nervous going up the lift hill even though I've done it about 15 times! Plunging down through the hole and feeling the dry ice on my face gives me such a rush! After rolling up to the station again I'm always breathless.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Nemesis is the definition of epic... but there is just something about Oblivion that i can't explain. My coaster count on it is nearing 150 and I still love it.

Other than Oblivion though, it's going to have to be Duel.

Burnoutjack

Roller Poster
Nemesis:)!!!!!! even when im in line for it, i enjoy watching it blast through the canyons, and the blood rivers!
maybe followed by Rita, as i love launches, but as much as i absolutley love stealth, its very short, and rita is a bit longer and has the bumps and turns.......

dominoes

Mega Poster
Rita- You have everything you want. Launch, airtime, quick turns. No drop though
Would say Nemesis, but I have been on it 3 times, and I am a teeeeeeeny bit bored of it. It is the best inverted coaster I have ever been on (apart from possibly Vampire), but I don't find inverted coasters scary

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Oblivion. I don't think I'll ever get the same feeling as hanging over the drop on any other ride. And if the mist is working, it's so much better.

Nemesis is a very close second, I still fear that my feet will be cut off on some parts of that ride.

Followed by Rita, Air and Thirteen. I actually really liked Thirteen, and some nice airtime coming off the drop if you sit in the back, until you hit the trims that is.

dominoes

Mega Poster
^Same, and I love the feeling on the drop on oblivion. The way you feel that you lift out of the seat, and you feel that for the whole drop. Also, it's nice to see someone who doesn't hate Th13teen