What's new

What's your "Cre-Ho"tient?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Now see, I was fully prepared to count Hulk as a new credit but since nobody else decide to do that.... I didn't wanna be the odd man out.
Definitely a new cred, you can't Triggers Broom this one, 98% including supports replaced in one go is a new cred.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Probably a 6 or a 7. Nearly all of my holiday's that I've been on as an adult have revolved around theme parks in some way or another although now I am starting to get an urge to do some other stuff.
I keep a count and include anything that's listed on coaster count including powered coasters and the dubious stuff like halfpipes and the snail things at GYPB.
I have been on trips just to get loads of random ****ty kiddie creds, although I would only do this with a group of goons. Those sort of trips aren't necessarily about the quality of the coasters but more so the company and the laughs.
I wouldn't go out of my way to ride something like a Big Apple but if its on route, or in a park that I'm at then I will ride it. Yea I think 6/7 is about right.

I don't count relocations, but if I'm at a park and there are kiddie creds I definitely ride them. But, I won't go out of my way to kidnap a child to get on a "child-only" kiddie coaster. As far as traveling creds, I don't keep track of model numbers but I only count them if I am 100% sure I have never been on it before (ex- if one is at my local fair and a cred it at a different fair at the same time, they are obviously different creds. Or, different models). So maybe like a six or seven.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Probably a 5, right in the middle. On one hand, I've missed creds at numerous parks(Cedar Point, Hershey, etc.), I don't always plan vacations soley to ride coasters, and I've yet to do a lot of major parks, but I am also planning to do a giant cred run for my local area, so I really don't know. :p

Howie

Donkey in a hat
*Bump.

Up until yesterday, I'd have have been a 3 or 4.
I've always been more of a cred snob than a cred whore. Only coasters of a certain caliber would make it into my count. Quite happy to skip Go Gators, Wacky Worms, Tivoli's, junior woodies, crappy Pinfari's, spinning mice, normal mice, etc etc..

Yesterday, that all changed when me, @NeoXIII and @witchfinder embarked on a filthy, shameless cred run to Brean leisure park.
Caterpillar coaster? Check. √
Spinning mouse? Check. √
Crappy Pinfari? Check. √

We even picked up the crappy spinner at Cannon Hill Park in Birmingham on the way. :(
I feel dirty.
That's it. Reputation in tatters. Over 20 years of sound, anti cre-ho principles, betrayed in a single moment of weakness.
I spent most of last night sobbing gently into my pillow.
That's all it takes, people. Just one day can take you from a healthy, respectable 3/4 on the cre-ho scale to a filthy, disgusting, shameless 6/7.

But on the bright side...... +4. Yay!

Newbies - you have been warned.

REDEMPTION!
So this weekend I've been bumming around Rhyl, Towyn and Prestatyn. I know, right? Get me. I is well posh innit.
Yeah, all you folks that have been traipsing round Dollywood, Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland recently? Yeah, you losers ain't got s**t on this kiddy.

Anyways, an easy +4 was up for grabs. A twin spiral dragon coaster, a junior super-nessie, a Pinfari big apple and a Fabbri spinning mouse.

I SKIPPED THEM ALL!

I'm actually quite proud of myself. After April's brief foray into cre-ho-ing (see above) I feel like I've restored some shred of dignity. Plus 4, and I passed them up. That takes some willpower that does. I'll admit that It was touch and go for a while there - we even had several small children in tow who could easily have been used as leverage (family outing, nephews & nieces and stuff) ...but no. I stayed strong.

While some would argue that April's filthy cred run to Brean and Cannon Hill should be a permanent black mark against one's record, i believe subsequently resisting a very easy +4, however gross, warrants the restoration of a CreHo-tient score of 3/4.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
a Fabbri spinning mouse.
Not sure why you passed this up, not exactly a kiddy cred, not embarrassing at all and there's not as many Fabbri's compared to the Revcherons.

In fact, I'd argue you are no longer an enthusiast and are just part of the GP now.

Cm4Ud4gXYAAGY8d.jpg:large

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Presumably then Tom, you've been there and whored the kiddy creds yourself? <checks coaster-count.com> Yep.
Although oddly, you seem to have focused on the filth and skipped the one cred that you said had some, cred.
What's that about? :confused:

Edit: I could also argue that any true enthusiast would know how to spell Reverchon.
Bo, zing, bullseyyyyye, back o the net, in your face, GUT-TED FOR YOU!!!

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Presumably then Tom, you've been there and whored the kiddy creds yourself? <checks coaster-count.com> Yep.
Although oddly, you seem to have focused on the filth and skipped the one cred that you said had some, cred.
What's that about? :confused:

Edit: I could also argue that any true enthusiast would know how to spell Reverchon.
Bo, zing, bullseyyyyye, back o the net, in your face, GUT-TED FOR YOU!!!
Was it there when I visited? No.

Suck my balls. ;)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'm probably a 6...

I count credits.
Looking through my Excel spreadsheet, 15% of my credits are kiddie credits.
I have ridden eight Boomerang clones.
I have ridden six SLC clones.
On my last trip I went a bit out of my way driving to Emily's place to get the kiddie credit at Colasanti's Tropical Gardens.
I count "pseudo credits" that Coaster-Count doesn't list in its "Strict" count, such as alpine coasters and Pretzel gravity dark rides.
I've done my fair share of pleading with ride ops to get kiddie coasters; I've become a pro at talking Kings Island ride ops into letting out of towners get Great Pumpkin Coaster.
I have visited parks fully expecting poor ride quality and still rode all of their coasters.

BUT...

There are three kiddie credits in my home state that I do not have.
Michigan's Adventure is five hours from me, free with my CF pass, and I have yet to visit.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I'm probably a 6...

I count credits.
Looking through my Excel spreadsheet, 15% of my credits are kiddie credits.
I have ridden eight Boomerang clones.
I have ridden six SLC clones.
On my last trip I went a bit out of my way driving to Emily's place to get the kiddie credit at Colasanti's Tropical Gardens.
I count "pseudo credits" that Coaster-Count doesn't list in its "Strict" count, such as alpine coasters and Pretzel gravity dark rides.
I've done my fair share of pleading with ride ops to get kiddie coasters; I've become a pro at talking Kings Island ride ops into letting out of towners get Great Pumpkin Coaster.
I have visited parks fully expecting poor ride quality and still rode all of their coasters.

BUT...

There are three kiddie credits in my home state that I do not have.
Michigan's Adventure is five hours from me, free with my CF pass, and I have yet to visit.
Sounds higher than a six to me, fwiw. :-D