What's new

What's your approach to visiting theme parks?

Your tendencies?

• I'm a basic bitch and only visit local parks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like to visit various parks within my country/state

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • I visit parks both home and abroad that take my fancy

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • I frequently travel to experience as many new parks as possible

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I'm a filthy whore who travels purely to add to the coaster count

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Pierre

Strata Poster
Middle one.

It's nice to get out and about and to different countries at times but it's an expensive hobby so on rare occasions really.

Love a UK theme park trip and have managed to drag the other half to AT, FL and BPB in the past year (she doesn't like rides so it was GREAT SUCCESS!)

S

SimonSays99

I mostly travel for cities (museums, theater, etc) and parks. Also like to add an alpine sled or bungee jump to spice things up.

I am not for beach holidays - I get bored after half a day of it. And the city/park travel makes a good deal for bad and good weather. I mostly plan my trips around the parks but always look up what to do in nearby major cities if bad weather hits.

Dan1989

Mega Poster
It's an expensive hobby but I try go get to my local and nearest Parks as much as I can, It's just a shame I cant get to Thorpe and back using pubic Transport in a day otherwise I would get to more Parks, even though I live in Blackpool I tend to use Alton as my main theme park

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I think I'm number four more than anything else. I travel to lots of places and go out of my way to go to parks, both big an small. I'm not against a bit of cred-whoring.

It depends though, if I'm in a country for work say, I don't mind driving 3 or 4 hours to get to a park...(like last week, I drove from my conference in Houston to Dallas for SFOT) but if there's something cultural I really want to see, I might prioritise it over creds (I blew off Legoland Malaysia to look round Singapore for example).

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Number 3. I only tend to visit parks with coasters I'm interested to ride or parks that look compelling. For example, I'm going to Amsterdam soon, but I wont be visiting Duinrell or Drievliet and instead going further afield to Walibi and Efteling.
When I'm there, I'll try to ride all the "big" coasters and ignore the kiddie/family creds.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ Don't miss the family coasters in Efteling! Vogel Rok and Vliegende Hollander are very much worth riding.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
ThomVD said:
^ Don't miss the family coasters in Efteling! Vogel Rok and Vliegende Hollander are very much worth riding.

Oh yeah! I meant like at the level of Runaway Mine Train at AT. If it's well themed or unique I'm likely to to it. :fadein:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd like to think of myself as the third option, and do have some general planning for visiting parks outside Ohio, but at the end of the day, I am a basic bitch.

Ohio has the fortune of having two of the largest seasonal amusement parks in the U.S. (Cedar Point and Kings Island), which fills up 95% of my park visits in a given year. However, these are the only parks in Ohio, both of which I would consider "home" parks.

So for the most part, I do not stray far from the shire of Ohio, and stick to CP and KI for majority of my coaster riding.