What's new

What's the best coaster line up a country can make from the coasters in it?

Niles

Giga Poster
So you start with a country, pick your base park, then you can take just one coaster from any other park in the country and swap it as long as its in the same scale on RCDB e.g Thrill for a Thrill and not an Extreme. You can take the theme of the coaster with it or it can take the one its replacing, we will say the park will magically adapt to the new coaster e.g Thorpe's Stealth can go to Alton Towers and none of the locals will complain about the height limit or space that has appeared out of nowhere, as long as the coaster is standing its good to use.

Rules
  • Just one coaster can be taken from a park.
  • Scale of the coaster must be the same, if there is a family coaster it will have to be swapped for another family coaster, thrill for thrill and extreme for extreme according to RCDB.

I will use Alton Towers for my one and here are the coasters in it.

BeforeReplacementsFinal
Wicker ManMegafobiaMegafobia - New Theme
Octonauts Rollercoaster AdventureFlight of the pterosaurFlight of the pterosaur - Keeps Theme
Smiler-Smiler
Th13teen-Th13teen
RitaIconIcon - Keeps Theme
Spinball WhizzerDragon's FuryDragons Fury - Keeps Theme
GalacticaUltimateUlitmate - New Theme
OblivionStealthStealth - New Theme
Nemesis-Nemesis
Runaway Mine Train-Runaway Mine Train

So is this a better Alton Towers and best park in the UK or not? Nemesis, Th13teen and The train are all great and I could not think of something that could replace them. If the Smiler did not have the record I might have swapped it for Mingos Inversion. The Ultimate might be a bit nuts to have but hay they can retrack it (maybe RMC SW9 😅) , they have the cash, I think the other swaps are for the best, better coasters and I'm imaging Megafobia with a Wicker Man theme, sounds pretty good to me.

But I'm interested to see what you all come up with 😊

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Interesting thread! Even though I too am a UK resident, I’m actually going to start with Florida, the other country I’ve visited parks in, as the region I’m going to experiment with, and I’m going to use Busch Gardens Tampa as my base park, as I feel like that one is easily the most “coaster-y” if we’re talking exclusively about coaster lineups here.

CoasterReplacement?Replacement Ride (if applicable)
Air GroverNoN/A
Cheetah HuntYesVelociCoaster
Cobra’s CurseYesSlinky Dog Dash
Iron GwaziNoN/A
KumbaNoN/A
MontuNoN/A
Sand SerpentYesFreedom Flyer
ScorpionYesIce Breaker
SheiKraNoN/A
TigrisNoN/A
EDIT: Oops… didn’t see the bit about only taking one coaster from a park, so I’ve had to make some edits!

There are a few others I did think about possibly replacing there, but I kept them as I couldn’t think of any stronger alternative while keeping within the rules.

Last edited:

Sandman

Giga Poster
My chosen park is Europa Park.
Now there's no need to debate which park is Germany's best. It's all here ;)

CoasterReplacementFinal
AlpenexpressColorado AdventureColorado Adventure - Keep Theme
ArthurN/AArthur
Atlantica SupersplashN/A Atlantica Supersplash
Ba-a-a ExpressN/ABa-a-a Express
Blue FireTaronTaron - Keep Theme
Euro MirKarnanKarnan - Keep Theme
Euro SatVan Helsing’s FactoryVan Helsing’s Factory - Keep Theme
Matterhorn BlitzWinja’s Fear/ForceWinja’s Fear/Force - Original Matterhorn Theme
PegasusN/APegasus
PoseidonBlack MambaBlack Mamba - Keep Theme
Schweizer BobbahnBobbahn (Heide version)Bobbahn - Original EP Theme
Silver StarExpedition GeForceExpedition GeForce - Keep ‘Theme’
WodanColossusColossus - Keep Theme

You may notice that there are a few swaps missing.

F.L.Y, for example, didn't make the cut. Same with Fluch von Novgorod. And plenty more. And of course, I've changed all of Europa's big 3 coasters. Was aiming for an even spread, with a reasonable variety of coasters on offer, as Europa Park is renowned for.

I think the big 3 of Taron, Karnan and Expedition Geforce is such a treat. I'm gutted it's not real now, ha.
With the likes of Black Mamba, Van Helsing's Factory and Colossus as a powerful back-up. I suppose you could argue that Colossus could be one of the big 3.
Thought keeping a bobsled coaster in the Swiss area was reasonable, just switched out EP's version for Heide's with it being taller, faster and longer.

Europa Park would be incorporating a lot more fantasy themes with the above line-up, which would be pretty wild.

Will

Strata Poster
^
You've not read the rules (or I've misunderstood them) - that's 4 coasters from Phantasia and... one from England, apparently.

Totally picked the right park to do it with, but the ride selection is really not what I'd have gone for :p

Sandman

Giga Poster
^
You've not read the rules (or I've misunderstood them) - that's 4 coasters from Phantasia and... one from England, apparently.

Totally picked the right park to do it with, but the ride selection is really not what I'd have gone for :p

You're sorta right. I somehow completely missed the first rule (screw it) But I'm not sure how you can top a German park with Taron and Expedition GeForce, as well as Karnan AND Colossos ;)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Using Parc Astérix in France as template:
BeforeReplacementsFinal
Tonnerre 2 Zeus-Tonnerre 2 Zeus
Pégase ExpressOrochi (Parc du Bocasse)Orochi - New Theme
GoudurixMystic (Walibi Rhône Alpes)Mystic - Keep Goudurix Theme
OzIris-OzIris
Le Vol d'IcareGold Rush (OK Corral)Gold Rush - New Theme
SOS NumérobisNoisette Express (Nigloland)Noisette Express - Keep Theme
Trace du HourraYukon Quad (Le Pal)Yukon Quad - Keep Trace du Hourra theme

Projektion

Mega Poster
I'm going to do Japan, and I'll be using Nagashima Spa Land as the template

BeforeReplacementsFinal
AcrobatFlying Dinosaur - Universal Studios JapanFlying Dinosaur - Keep Theme
Arashi-Arashi
Children CoasterDragon Coaster - Legoland JapanDragon Coaster
CorkscrewPyrenees - Shima Spain VillagePyrenees
Hakugei-Hakugei
Jet CoasterYagayami Cyclone - BenylandYagayami Cyclone
Looping Star"Venus GP" - Himeji Central Park"Venus GP"
Peter Jackson CoasterPanic Coaster Back Daaaan - Tokyo Dome CityPanic Coaster Back Daaaan - Keep Theme
Shuttle LoopEejanaika - Fuji Q HighlandEejanaika
Steel Dragon 2000-Steel Dragon 2000
Ultra TwisterUltra twister (the one with the dive loop)- Rusutsu ResortUltra twister
Wild Mouse-Wild Mouse
Wild MousePirates Island Typhoon - Shibamasa WorldPirates Island Typhoon - Keep Theme

I wasn't sure whether of not I was able to use Defunct coasters, but I decided against it. Similarly, I wasn't sure whether to put in Venus GP or not, but since it's in the progress of being rebuilt, I included it.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
picking Walibi Belgium:

Rides staying:

Calamity mine
Fun Pilot
Psyke underground
Pulsar
Tiki Waka

Swaps:

Loup Garou - for Heidi
Cobra - for Fury
Vampire - for anubis (I know, 2 from plopsa, but belgium's quite short on decent parks)

Kondaa is tentatively staying, until I get to ride it.

Also - If I could argue that dawson duel should be a family coaster, and not a thrill coaster, I'd swap fun pilot for that...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Screw it, let's make the ultimate Extreme Dutch park:

Before ReplacementFrom which park?Final
CondorTroyToverlandTroy
DrakoDragon FlyDunirellDragon Fly
Goliath--Goliath
Lost Gravity--Lost Gravity
Speed of SoundFlying DutchmanEftelingFlying Dutchman
Untamed--Untamed
XPress: Platform 13Gold RushSlagharenGold Rush

Perhaps a bit controversial to swap XPress for Gold Rush. But I think it would add some variety and be different. Keep the Platform 13 branding though (and maybe create a switch track or something so it can run 2 trains).

This was made more difficult by the park not having any rides under RCDB's Thrill category...would have really liked to put Vogel Rok in here.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Nobody gonna do America?
Ok, I'll have a go, let's see what we can do with Cedar Point. 😁

SteVe can stay, obvs.
Dragster can stay.
Not a massive fan of Maverick (😮) so I'd swap that out for Velocicoaster.
Millennium Force, yeah gimme Fury 325 instead.
Gatekeeper - swap for Thunderbird.
Valravn - keep.
Raptor - keep.
Rougarou - swap for Railblazer. Or that Jersey Devil thingy.
Blue Streak - swap for Mystic Timbers.
Cedar Creek Mine Train - swap for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
Now it gets fun, apparently Corkscrew is an 'extreme' coaster according to RCDB, so yeah, let's bang X2 in it's place. 😁
Magnum XL - swap for Mako.
Wicked Twister (yeah I know it's already gone, but it's still gonna need replacing, right?) - so I think we'll have Time Traveler, thank you please.
What am I missing? Gemini... err let's see, what about Hagrid's Motorcycle thingy? What? That's in the rules, so yeah that'll do. 😝
And Iron Dragon. That can stay actually, let's keep that as the park's 'retro' coaster.
And then there's the 2 kiddy creds, Wilderness Run and the other one. I suppose they can stay too, y'know, for the whores.

There. One halluva park, that. I'd definitely visit.

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Nobody gonna do America?

SteVe can stay, obvs.
Dragster can stay.
Not a fan of Maverick (😮) so I'd swap that out for Velocicoaster.
Valravn - keep.
Raptor - keep.
Now it gets fun, apparently Corkscrew is an 'extreme' coaster according to RCDB, so yeah, let's stick X2 in it's place. 😁
Wicked Twister (yeah I know it's already gone, but it's still gonna need replacing, right?) - so we'll have Time Traveler, thank you please.
What am I missing? Gemini... err let's see, what about Hagrid's Motorcycle thingy? What? That's in the rules, so yeah that'll do. 😝
And then there's the 2 kiddy creds, Wilderness Run and the other one. I suppose they can stay, y'know, for the whores.

Love it!
I would probably swap Magnum for Skyrush and Raptor for Montu, and El Toro for Blue Streak.

Doing the same with Carowinds would be interesting.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nobody gonna do America?

SteVe can stay, obvs.
Dragster can stay.
Not a fan of Maverick (😮) so I'd swap that out for Velocicoaster.
Valravn - keep.
Raptor - keep.
Now it gets fun, apparently Corkscrew is an 'extreme' coaster according to RCDB, so yeah, let's stick X2 in it's place. 😁
Wicked Twister (yeah I know it's already gone, but it's still gonna need replacing, right?) - so we'll have Time Traveler, thank you please.
And then there's the 2 kiddy creds, Wilderness Run and the other one. I suppose they can stay, y'know, for the whores.

what-is-that-what-is-happening.gif

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Lewa Adventure - the Chinese manufacturer purge.

Before SizeReplacementFrom which park?Final
Crazy Mining CartThrillWooden Dragons CoasterJinan Sunac LandWooden Dragons Coaster
Dinosaur's SpineExtremeDinocondaChina Dinosaur ParkDinoconda
FlashExtreme--Flash
Happy Chew Chew TrainKiddieMake it pay per rideSo adults can ride itHappy Chew Chew Train (now a legit +1)
Horse RollercoasterFamilyGalaxy ExpressAny FantawildGalaxy Express (Orkanen)
Motor RiderThrillTRON Lightcycle Power RunShanghai DisneylandTRON Lightcycle Power Run
Scream Valley TrainExtremePython in Bamboo ForestNanchang Sunac LandPython in Bamboo Forest
Sky SwirlExtremeBullet CoasterHappy Valley ShenzhenBullet Coaster

lydian

Roller Poster
I'm going for the ultimate Brazil park!

Here's a first version playing it straight with the normal rules:

Before:​
After:​
Bat Hatari: Perseguição em Gotham City​
Montanha Russa do Astronauta​
Katapul​
Katapul​
Montezum​
Looping Star [Tivoli Park]​
Vurang​
Vurang​

Thought Process:
  • Hopi Hari is the best starting park: 4 coasters, tied for the most, but it has two Extreme coasters, one Thrill, and one Family, as opposed to Beto Carrero World's two Extreme and two Family, so slightly better.
  • Katapul is definitely a keep, by a long shot the best currently operating coaster in the country!
  • To replace the atrocity of a ride that is Montezum, we turn to Looping Star at Tivoli Park. While it is funny that the ultimate park has two single-looping Schwarzkopfs, I'd much rather that than a Vekoma SCL with over-the-shoulder restraints or some assorted Vekoma Whirlwind. The Looping Star model is quite forceful and much smoother than these Vekoma monstrosities.
  • Vurang is by a long shot the best Thrill coaster, it's a nice spinner, it's completely dark, which I believe is something no other coaster in the country can match, and it's a ton of fun, definitely a keep!
  • Finally, Montanha Russa do Astronauta is the best Family coaster by a long shot, it's enclosed and has some very neat visuals and setting for a family coaster, nothing in the country really compares to it.

Now, I'll allow myself coasters in storage, if that's cool, since Brazil seems to have a better "in storage" ride collection than operational hahaha (and it would have been even better before Batman & Robin: The Chiller were been scrapped), plus, we need as much help as we can get!:

Before:​
After:​
Bat Hatari: Perseguição em Gotham City​
Katapul​
Katapul​
Montezum​
Monte Makaya​
Vurang​
Vurang​

Thought process:
  • Hopi Hari remains the best choice for the base park.
  • Arguably, the two best coasters in the country right now are both Shuttle coasters, in Katapul and the Sky Mountain (the GIB in storage for Mirabilandia). But as these two would clash, i.e. having a park with both its major coasters being shuttles, I think it's wise to only select one of the two, especially since now with "in storage" coasters being allowed, we do have more options. Outside of them, the next best candidate is Monte Makaya, it does a stellar job as our multilooper, and fills the void that Hopi Hari's 10i would have filled had it actually opened, alas... Since Monte Makaya is from the same park as Sky Mountain, I think keeping it is wiser than keeping Sky Mountain. so our Extreme coaster lineup is Katapul and Monte Makaya, while it sucks not to use the GIB, I think it's a worthy price to pay to have these two coasters.
  • The family and thrill choices remain from the last round, with Vurang being kept, and Montanha Russa do Astronauta replacing Bat Hatari: Perseguição em Gotham City.

And finally, I'll do one more version considering the new location Mirabilandia is set to be in. Their two coasters currently in storage are set to open in the new park, and they're expected to move their other two coasters from their old park to the new park too, that would give us three Extreme coasters, AND allow both Sky Mountain and Monte Makaya to be in the same park, which is great! As doing so otherwise would entail literally only having these two coasters, as right now they're all that's there in the new Mirabilandia park set to open in the future. This is that ultimate park would look:

Before:After:
Dragão​
Monte Makaya​
Monte Makaya​
Sky Mountain​
Sky Mountain​
Super Tornado​
Katapul​

Thought process:
  • As mentioned, Mirabilandia will now work as our base park, combining the set of attractions they have in both locales.
  • Monte Makaya and Sky Mountain remain, as they are standout attractions, and compliment eachother very nicely!
  • For the third Extreme slot, it's between Katapul and Looping Star, now that there is a third Extreme coaster, having two shuttles wouldn't be as awkward, in my opinion, so I'll favor Katapul and its launch!
  • To close off the Family category replacing Dragão, we have Montanha Russa do Astronauta yet again!
And that's it for this post, hope you enjoyed haha ^^ I would surely be happy having any of these three proposals actually existing here in Brazil, but even if this doesn't happen, just Mirabilandia opening at their new location would already be huge, and majorly improve the country's coaster collection!

Last edited: