Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hydra: The Revenge

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Dominator

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Hair Raiser

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
Been on Bizarro, Hydra, Dominator and Kraken.

My vote is for Kraken.
Big, fast, nice layout, really fun with all the tunnels and dives. Could've ridden it all day.

Bizarro is probably second, nice and intense.

Hydra was really fun and I liked the unique layout. Not too intense but packed enough.

Dominator was actually a bit of a let down. I enjoyed it, but I guess I was just expecting more. It's big and fast, with a unique layout but eh...IDK. Recall it not being very forceful.
Oh, and a bit of a waste. Like the first half is good but it goes to the MCBR quickly then just the corkscrews/turns. Wastes all the speed, wish it was longer.

Haha, we even rode it in the same row at the live and I thought it rattled quite a bit (for being a B&M)! But agreed, it's a boring layout that really doesn't do anything interesting.

That's so weird, haha. I thought it was ridiculously smooth and I felt no rattling, maybe you're just a weirdo ;)

I enjoyed Hydra and Kraken, but they felt a bit too inversion oriented to me. I prefer Dominator, because of that GIGANTIC loop, the forceful turn right after the loop, and the helix at the end. Hydra was relatively forceless to me, but still fun. Kraken, on the other hand, felt to me like any old B&M ride, just inversions, not even a helix.
That's just my opinion though.

Ben said:
I don't really love any of them though, Dominator is only "a decent B&M".

Hydra's DISGUSTING <///3

This and

gavin said:
8. Hydra - S**te.

I hate the Jo-Jo Roll. The rest was just recovering from how dreadful that inversion is, and it wasn't a good place to recover.

Dominator was probably the best simply because it's the biggest. Batman at SFNE and Bizarro were not much different. They're all pretty lame.

But biggest does not mean best of course.

Am I the only one that thought Dominator fizzled out too quick? Scrubs off all that speed by hopping right into the MCBR. After that's it's pretty much over.
Never been on Superman in Texas or Superman in Spain but those look much better. Doesn't waste their size.

I do wish Hydra was more forceful but like any other B&M? I can see that but it was one of the more unique rides I've seen. I liked the jojo roll, it's weird! Not sure the hate for Hydra, it seems to go beyond it not being that much. Disgusting? ****? The one roll ruins everything? Yall are being too analytical me thinks :p

I don't really remember Dominator but that's a different story.

I really enjoyed all the floorless coasters I went on. I really enjoyed Bizarro but I think the effects and on board audio helped me form that opinion.

I weirdly enjoyed the jojo roll on Hyrda. It's weird because I'm not a fan of hangtime but overall I liked the coaster, a bit meh but it was re-ridable and fun.

I actually hate everything about the changes to Medusa....I hate the name Bizarro, the color, but worst all those god awful effects.
I'll admit, maybe it's because I just know they are unnecessary (also a cop out) but all the damn fire, misters, cardboard cutouts....I hate it. I really hate the speakers, though thankfully the ride naturally tuned it out for me.

I'm legit pretty upset they mucked around with Superman at SF:NE before I ever got to ride it. Now whenever I finally do I need to put up with the s**t they did. Good thing it's still an epic ride.

Edit: OK the name and color don't really bug me that much, but the rest does. I just kind of loath my home park :( and it felt like another half assed attempt at improvement from them, while every year I dislike the place more, despite it's good coasters.

JJLehto said:
But biggest does not mean best of course.

When there's nothing really to pick between a load of mediocre rides, then it does, yes ;)

JJLehto said:
I do wish Hydra was more forceful but like any other B&M? I can see that but it was one of the more unique rides I've seen. I liked the jojo roll, it's weird! Not sure the hate for Hydra, it seems to go beyond it not being that much. Disgusting? ****? The one roll ruins everything? Yall are being too analytical me thinks :p

No, the roll starts of a bad ride incredibly dreadfully. It's all uphill from the roll, in the way that death is all uphill after coming down with Ebola.

Fair nuff, but really Dominator was a let down. Especially because of it's size.
I'd take a more intense mediocre one (Bizarro) than a big one that wastes its size.
Though I like Kraken the most anyway.

Alright, colored me confused. What's so bad about it? Is it uncomfortable?
Is it just because it's weird and unnecessary? I guess I don't see how it can be that despised.

I have to say The Dark Knight because it is the only one i've been on. There are some on the list I want to go on like Hydra and Kraken but haven't gotten the chance. I loved The Dark Knight so I will probably love the others when I get the chance to go on them.

furie said:
No, the roll starts of a bad ride incredibly dreadfully. It's all uphill from the roll, in the way that death is all uphill after coming down with Ebola.

Please. I guess it would be painful and uncomfortable if you were a very heavy person, but outside of that circumstance, what makes that element so dreadful?

I really just don't get the amount of hate piled onto Hydra. I understand that I like it more than most, but to hear some of you tell it, it comes off as one of the worst-designed rides ever!

I've ridden three.
1. Dominator - Just has the best layout and the best execution, I think, though its location at Geauga was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than its location at KD

2. Hydra - I've never understood the hatred! I loved Hydra. Couldn't find anything wrong with it. The jo-jo roll is one of my favorite elements. I agree with madhjsp, the level of criticism is pretty overreactive.

3. Scream - Didn't do a ton for me, and it's just so obvious the sole reason for its existence was to get SFMM the most coasters title. The theming is stupid, the location doesn't make sense, and god, the parking lot underneath.

But all things considered, I'd just as soon ride a regular old sit-down B&M looper. Wildfire is a better coaster than any of these.

I've only been on two: Kraken and Medusa (SFDK). Of the two I think Kraken is my favourite as an overall ride experience. My favourite thing about these floorless coasters are their first drops; they just feel so open and it seems like you're falling for ages.

steel said:
Scream - Didn't do a ton for me, and it's just so obvious the sole reason for its existence was to get SFMM the most coasters title. The theming is stupid, the location doesn't make sense, and god, the parking lot underneath.
There was a theme? :roll:

What's the Best B&M Floorless Coaster

Are we counting dive machines since they are technically floorless? If yes griffon. If not dominator.

madhjsp said:
furie said:

Please. I guess it would be painful and uncomfortable if you were a very heavy person, but outside of that circumstance, what makes that element so dreadful?

I wouldn't know, I've never ridden it as anything but a tall, heavy person ;)

I hate hangtime, I despise it. It hurts me so if you're going to do it, give me the ability to brace myself (Like the restraints on The Swarm, which I also despised until I braced).

I can only ride as myself, so my opinion is only ever going to be based off that experience I'm afraid.

Only been on three, Bizarro, Hydra and Dominator. If it wasn't for Six Flags horrible upkeep on Medusa/Bizarro I definitely would say it's the best of the three, but alas the sound and the special effects basically don't work anymore and the blue and purple is an eyesore. Hydra is probably the best "bang for the buck" ride of the three, that rollover out of the station is probably the smoothest part of the entire ride bar the lift. It's not rattling rough, it's just that the rattling makes the entire train shake to where it's making all the noise over the sand filled supports. Dominator is probably the roughest of the three but it's bearable, right now it's the only B&M where I've smashed my head into the OTSR, which surprised me given it happened in the turn before the MCBR. All three have good layouts, just there's things here and there that detract from the experience.