What's new

What spinning ride is the most intense?

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
I'd say the Maurer spinning coasters tend to be quite sickly, Dragons Fury in particular is pretty intense and tends to spin pretty crazily, the long layout also makes it surprisingly insane.

The Mack and Gerstlauer models overall seemed a lot more controlled and tamer, you barely notice the spinning on Euro Mir.

Thunder1981

Roller Poster
I'd say the Maurer spinning coasters tend to be quite sickly, Dragons Fury in particular is pretty intense and tends to spin pretty crazily, the long layout also makes it surprisingly insane.

The Mack and Gerstlauer models overall seemed a lot more controlled and tamer, you barely notice the spinning on Euro Mir.
What park is dragons fury at?

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Dragon Riders at Legendia. So much upside down spinning and the loose lapbar throws you around your seat. It's a fascinating ride but not one I'd do more than once a day.

Lunatic

Roller Poster
HUSS Booster. A bit too much for me to be honest, but probably a dream ride for those who really love spinning. I've even tried a human gyroscope and it wasn't as dizzying as Booster.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
What park is dragons fury at?
Was talking about Dragons Fury (a coaster) at Chessington.
Not sure if coasters count in this thread but its a ride that spins so it counts i guess.

HUSS boosters look disgusting though, i honestly love spinning though so i would probably love those death devices.

i.d.b

Roller Poster
Kinzler’s Break Dance No.1 at Düsseldorf Kirmes on a 10min cycle nearly finished me off.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Any travelling waltzer ride that has some pikey walking round on it spinning the cars by hand.
Generally speaking, it's the car with the prettiest girls in it that gets the most spin-age from pikey waltzer man. Ain't nothing gonna beat that.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Euro Mir is a bit of a special case when it comes to spinning coasters. The ride never truly spins freely. Its spun a set amount using a power rail next to the track which you can see at various points around the ride.

It is to date the only version this ride system Mack ever built. Although I remember there being plans for an identical ride in Vietnam about 15 years ago now. It never happened.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
If you want intense, we need to move in a different dimension. Arashi.

Dizzying? Brighton Pier's Reverchon remains the king for me. Pretty much lost vision for the last third of the ride.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Arashi was almost too much, and I like intense rides. The ride felt like a top spin on wheels. Having been on both the American S&S Freespins and Arashi, the American version felt like a kids ride.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Tornado. Intamin's only model (can understand why).

EDIT* Mis-read this as most intense spinning coaster. In terms of all rides that's quite a tough question, I would say quite a lot of flat ride models are equal in intensity.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Any travelling waltzer ride that has some pikey walking round on it spinning the cars by hand.
Generally speaking, it's the car with the prettiest girls in it that gets the most spin-age from pikey waltzer man. Ain't nothing gonna beat that.
Did one when I was about 15 with some friends (all girls) on a pier where we all screamed because it was so crazy......big mistake!! Done about one since then and always skip them now after that!!

The topspin at Oktoberfest. Thought everyone was going to die!! I had had a couple of beers but a part of me thinks that if I hadn't I wouldn't have made it!

Probably lots of other flats but after that topspin in particular I am a bit more careful what I choose to do. Still can't decide if I liked it or not. haha. Tornado is also gross but just has one bad bit.