What's new

What rides do you love but they only have it at a few parks?

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ingested Banjo said:
By the way gavin, are you saying that gyro drops are better than stand up towers of the same height? If so, I really want to ride one of those!

Personally, I think so yeah, but I'm sure a lot of people would disagree. I think it's just something to do with the size of the car itself. It's huge, holding 40 people, and really just seems a lot more forceful than the 4-person cars on other towers.

jfeaster

Roller Poster
Well done Arrow suspended.

Most of these were/are lame, but Big Bad Wolf at BGW is evidence that they can be good. Most of them are trimmed to death due to apparent high maintenance costs which is a shame.

The rear car can be really exciting at high speed points with a lot of turns. Too bad these will be extinct without ever reaching their full potential.

jfeaster

Roller Poster
Beyond the Arrow Suspended.

I REALLY wish there were more Intamin woodies like El Toro. I also wish that some rides (e.g. Meanstreak) could be retracked with Intamin prefab track, but I don't know if that's even possible.

A

Anonymous

gavin said:
Ingested Banjo said:
By the way gavin, are you saying that gyro drops are better than stand up towers of the same height? If so, I really want to ride one of those!

Personally, I think so yeah, but I'm sure a lot of people would disagree. I think it's just something to do with the size of the car itself. It's huge, holding 40 people, and really just seems a lot more forceful than the 4-person cars on other towers.
I agree with that, Gyro drops ar better then "normal" ones.

^^ Eagle Fortress is the best arrow suspended coaster.

I would like to add:
Togo Wildstorms and Gerstlauer Sky Rollers, two of the best flat rides ever made.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Emilia said:
Pokemaniac said:
Terracoasters look generally awesome. No wait, did I make that plural? There is only one of them built so far. But I think the world houses less than ten potential buyers at the moment, all of which have many other rides they could/would buy instead.

Where is there a terracoaster? That's one over 500 feet, right? I couldn't find that term anywhere online...
Umm.... I think it's just me messing up by using unofficial terms.

A Terracoaster, AKA "Cedar Point tries to convince us that Maverick is a world first of its type", is, well, a coaster à la Maverick. LSM lift hill, BV drop, and a mid-course launch. Or is it the ground-hugging turns that gave it its name? Anyways, I want more of them. And I think Justin has a picture somewhere with Cedar Point marketing Maverick as a Terracoaster with a huge banner.

The Teracoaster (one r) was appearently a Heide/Intamin term for describing a lift-powered coaster more than 100 meters tall. If I remember correctly, that plan went down the drain, but a Teracoaster would have been quite a spectacular sight.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I love break dances (below) but they seem to be a dying breed. About 5 years ago there was loads and everyone got rid of them for no reason, it would seem.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1039/693839153_01be294040.jpg?v=0
Also I like "Bone Shaker" style rides (I think that they're called Energizers but I'm not sure, below) but they also seem to have dissapeared over the past few years, what with "The Rack" at Camelot being down for a while I doubt they'll reopen it before the park closes.
http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/oldrides/flats/boneshaker08.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
And S&S Sky Swats and Sreaming Swings

Having been on all the world's Sky Swats (and a fair number of Screaming Swings now) I can say - no thanks.

The Sky Swats are unremarkable really, with a pinch of pain and a huge dose of unreliability.

Rush is the best Screaming Swing I've been on, all the others just can't seem to manage the airtime it offers. However, Rush is at Thorpe and set on a poor cycle and is therefore annoying. So they're all disappointing in one way or another. No more please.

We want more Intmain Gyro-Swings like Maelstrom :)

Oh, and the Intamin giant drop thing at Kings Dominion was one of the best drops I've done, it was really good fun. Not as scary as the likes of Condor for a person scared of heights, but excellent fun all the same :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
Pokemaniac said:
Emilia said:
Pokemaniac said:
Terracoasters look generally awesome. No wait, did I make that plural? There is only one of them built so far. But I think the world houses less than ten potential buyers at the moment, all of which have many other rides they could/would buy instead.

Where is there a terracoaster? That's one over 500 feet, right? I couldn't find that term anywhere online...
Umm.... I think it's just me messing up by using unofficial terms.

A Terracoaster, AKA "Cedar Point tries to convince us that Maverick is a world first of its type", is, well, a coaster à la Maverick. LSM lift hill, BV drop, and a mid-course launch. Or is it the ground-hugging turns that gave it its name? Anyways, I want more of them. And I think Justin has a picture somewhere with Cedar Point marketing Maverick as a Terracoaster with a huge banner.

The Teracoaster (one r) was appearently a Heide/Intamin term for describing a lift-powered coaster more than 100 meters tall. If I remember correctly, that plan went down the drain, but a Teracoaster would have been quite a spectacular sight.

I'm pretty sure I have heard the term Terracoaster before, but I thought Maverick was classed as a "Blitz" coaster? Or is there more than one name for it?

marc

CF Legend
furie said:
kimahri said:
And S&S Sky Swats and Sreaming Swings

Having been on all the world's Sky Swats (and a fair number of Screaming Swings now) I can say - no thanks.

The Sky Swats are unremarkable really, with a pinch of pain and a huge dose of unreliability.

Rush is the best Screaming Swing I've been on, all the others just can't seem to manage the airtime it offers. However, Rush is at Thorpe and set on a poor cycle and is therefore annoying. So they're all disappointing in one way or another. No more please.

We want more Intmain Gyro-Swings like Maelstrom :)

Oh, and the Intamin giant drop thing at Kings Dominion was one of the best drops I've done, it was really good fun. Not as scary as the likes of Condor for a person scared of heights, but excellent fun all the same :)

Its 300ft tall and goes round, how can that not be scary? We have one to do in Germany and I am already scared lol.

Ben

CF Legend
southend_marc said:
Its 300ft tall and goes round, how can that not be scary? We have one to do in Germany and I am already scared lol.

It doesn't go round, it just is round :wink:

Ben

CF Legend
It should be, but, Cedar Fair suck, so it doesn't rotate. I assume it used to, but, I don't really know? Drop Zone has a larger ring as well, and IS taller, despite what Heide will say.

Scream is more along the lines of the one at Kings Island. KD's is the big, bad brother of them. And AWESOME.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Marc, the size of it makes you feel more secure. You have lots of people all around, it's a bit like sitting in Maelstrom. Due to the size of the thing, and the seating, you don't feel exposed, like you do on the normal drop towers. It feels chunky and solid - so it's calming.

That means you have the chance to actually enjoy the airtime it gives you - it's just good fun!

A

Anonymous

nadroJ said:
furie said:
We want more Intmain Gyro-Swings like Maelstrom
Yes. Yes we do.

Flip Flop @ Flamingoland <3
No, we need more Zamperla Discovery's, since they are the best kind of spinning swing ride.