What's new

What rides do you love but they only have it at a few parks?

A

Anonymous

Swings
Swinging Ships
Launch Towers
4-D adventure rides like Spiderman and Curse of Darkastle

Gazza

Giga Poster
Swinging Ships
Launch Towers
But those ride types are in heaps of places..Swinging ships in particular.

I completely agree with you about 4D dark rides (And multi motion dark rides for that matter) They are some of the most enjoyable and flat out fun rides out there, and are sucessful and popular at the parks they are in, but it is a shame that they are only limited to handful of places...I guess the high theming budgets typical of these rides is a bit of a limiter, but even so I think the actual ride movements are half the reason for them being so fun, so you could build attractions based more on that.

A

Anonymous

I don't see enough swinging ships, to be honest. Always loved em.

Rush

Giga Poster
Are you actually having a laugh? I can't think of many major parks in the UK which don't have a swinging ship except Blackpool and Legoland. Even that Robin Hill park on the Isle of Wight has one. Probably one of the most common rides in existance!

A

Anonymous

Gazza said:
Swinging Ships
Launch Towers
But those ride types are in heaps of places..Swinging ships in particular.

I completely agree with you about 4D dark rides (And multi motion dark rides for that matter) They are some of the most enjoyable and flat out fun rides out there, and are sucessful and popular at the parks they are in, but it is a shame that they are only limited to handful of places...I guess the high theming budgets typical of these rides is a bit of a limiter, but even so I think the actual ride movements are half the reason for them being so fun, so you could build attractions based more on that.

Maybe I just tend to go to parks that don't have ships. :(

I know that Darkastle put Busch Gardens back quite a bit (moneywise), but I'm sure it paid off very quickly since they promoted the crap out of it.

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
Every park needs a SAW:The Ride. :p

Taylor said:

Agreed.

overthetop3.JPG

More of these please.

And S&S Sky Swats and Sreaming Swings

james6

Roller Poster
Yep definatley with the sky swats, Luckily there's one about an hour from me but with it's unbelievably bad reliability , it's rare that I get a go every visit , it's a shame as it's in my top 3 flat rides.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
More Intamin Gyro Drops. Best tower rides in my opinion, and only a small handful of them around.

Snoo

The Legend
^They are amazing rides. There aren't many flat rides I'd go to a park for, but before Kings Island had Diamondback, I'd go just to ride Drop Zone.

Airtime is just sensational.. and there was never a line.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^ I think one of the parks on the Germany/Denmark trip has one. I'm thinking Heide Park, but not sure.

^You're right about the lines. Those things are great at eating queues. The one at Lotte World is always a walk on, even when the park is really busy. I guess it's a combination of a great throughput and a lot of people being too scared to ride them in the first place. For some reason they tend to look more intimidating than the regular towers.

Ben

CF Legend
I like not having clones of everything everywhere. If I could ride rides I liked at every park this side of Timbuktu, they'd lose their unique qualities [/downer]

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
^Wouldn't mind an Expedition Geforce clone in every park though...

By the way gavin, are you saying that gyro drops are better than stand up towers of the same height? If so, I really want to ride one of those!

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Top Spins,especially if they are all themed like Talocan.

Inverted Swing Ships,the Mary Rose at Margate was an awesome ride,I miss it so much.

And B&M Inverts,nuff said.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
More Intamin Gyro Drops

I think one of the parks on the Germany/Denmark trip has one. I'm thinking Heide Park

You're right Gavin, Heide Park has Scream, which I really liked when I went on it! :D

A

Anonymous

Pokemaniac said:
Terracoasters look generally awesome. No wait, did I make that plural? There is only one of them built so far. But I think the world houses less than ten potential buyers at the moment, all of which have many other rides they could/would buy instead.

Where is there a terracoaster? That's one over 500 feet, right? I couldn't find that term anywhere online...

madhjsp

Giga Poster
SnooSnoo said:
^They are amazing rides. There aren't many flat rides I'd go to a park for, but before Kings Island had Diamondback, I'd go just to ride Drop Zone.

Airtime is just sensational.. and there was never a line.

So true. Absolutely, there should be more of these.

Also, more coasters set to music. Led Zeppelin: The Ride, for instance, was a fairly unique experience for the video and audio that went along with the loading process and the ride itself. Without it, it would have been just another B&M looper, but judging the package as a whole, it almost makes my top 10.

...which admittedly isn't saying much. :p