What's new

What is your mentality towards riding kiddie coasters?

What is your mentality towards riding kiddie coasters?

• Total voters

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Depends on my mood, when I was serious about counting I’d ride them all, including begging to be let into farms for free just to ride a wacky worm 😂

Nowadays if I’m with a group of CFers, yea probably. I’d go along to a day of mopping up kiddie creds for the laugh. Would I go out of my way on my own though? Unlikely although now I have a child I do plan to make the most of the opportunity to unashamedly get as many kiddie creds as I can 😄

Indy

Hyper Poster
As a follow up, there is something irrationally enjoyable about rolling up to a wacky worm with your crew, beers in hand, and convincing the ride op that you really do want to ride the coaster. With the right group, I could be convinced to go on a pretty slutty cred trip.

2021-10-24_11-26-08_048.jpg

Hutch

Strata Poster
I'd never travel out of my way for a kiddie coaster or a random +1. It needs to be in conjunction with another park, or just the usual kiddie creds at a park I'm visiting for the first time.

That being said, I've recently settled that I'll stop riding kiddie creds when I'm visiting a park on my own... there aren't exactly "shameless +1's" anymore... don't think I need to be the solo adult waiting in line, surrounded by a bunch of kids and families.

I'll happily do them if I'm with other goons. At least that takes the shame away. But by myself? Nah, I'll likely be skipping some this year.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
I'd never travel out of my way for a kiddie coaster or a random +1. It needs to be in conjunction with another park, or just the usual kiddie creds at a park I'm visiting for the first time.

That being said, I've recently settled that I'll stop riding kiddie creds when I'm visiting a park on my own... there aren't exactly "shameless +1's" anymore... don't think I need to be the solo adult waiting in line, surrounded by a bunch of kids and families.

I'll happily do them if I'm with other goons. At least that takes the shame away. But by myself? Nah, I'll likely be skipping some this year.
agree, if your part of a giant group, people see it more as people being silly and just having fun

If you're by yourself, it's just werid.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Genrwally Category B, for me.

Did stray a bit into Category A during lockdown, mostly out of boredom.

cookie

Giga Poster
Would never go to a park for a kiddie cred, but a +1 on a park I'm already visiting for its "adult" line-up is one I don't mind taking.

Now, if only those creds didn't often have inconveniently long lines when that time could be spent on things I'm actually excited to ride...

rob666

Hyper Poster
Would never go to a park for a kiddie cred, but a +1 on a park I'm already visiting for its "adult" line-up is one I don't mind taking.

Now, if only those creds didn't often have inconveniently long lines when that time could be spent on things I'm actually excited to ride...
Exactly this!
Don't let the fine details of your hobby get in the way of you enjoying your hobby!
If it is actually fun, do it.
But if it makes a meaningless number one number higher, and stops the actual fun from happening, then perhaps it is not the best way of enjoying your leisure time to the full.
But then again, I actually dislike spreadsheets.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Option A. I have gone out of my way for kiddie creds. And I will do it again.

In the past 9 months...

-Walked 40 minutes both ways in blazing heat in Portsmouth to ride a Wacky Worm on South Parade Pier. I mean... There was a pretty cool castle at the halfway point but still
-Drove 10 minutes from our holiday destination at 8pm to ride literally an almost completely flat oval coaster.
-Made a 20 minute detour on the way home from an east coast trip for a 40 minute trip to Pettitts Animal Adventure Park for an oval coaster and a wacky worm (at least the park was extremely nice to be in).
-Drove 20 minutes both ways for a Ridgerider while on holiday down in Cornwall.
-Opted to spend almost two hours less at Fantasy Island to cred-run Botton's Pleasure Beach - 90 of those minutes was waiting for the park to open. All that and Rockin Roller spited.
-Made a 15 minute drive both ways to St. Nicholas' Park to ride an SBF double helix (at least the park has a mini golf course which actually makes it more worth it).
-Went to Legoland Windsor.
-Travelled two hours to ride a single Wacky Worm once then leave almost immediately after.
-Travelled around 90 minutes to get on an oval coaster and a single helix coaster (at least the other flat rides in this funfair were absolutely awesome).

Here is my 'credsheet' from #100 to #120. Check the rightmost column and you'll see just how littered with tiny coasters my list is.
Screenshot_49.jpg

I apologise, @rob666 . :)

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

FWIW, @Hutch is guilty of some healthy goading while we were at Funspots in November, egging me on to rip off the bandaid and pick up the creds. :p

rob666

Hyper Poster
Option A. I have gone out of my way for kiddie creds. And I will do it again.

In the past 9 months...

-Walked 40 minutes both ways in blazing heat in Portsmouth to ride a Wacky Worm on South Parade Pier. I mean... There was a pretty cool castle at the halfway point but still
-Drove 10 minutes from our holiday destination at 8pm to ride literally an almost completely flat oval coaster.
-Made a 20 minute detour on the way home from an east coast trip for a 40 minute trip to Pettitts Animal Adventure Park for an oval coaster and a wacky worm (at least the park was extremely nice to be in).
-Drove 20 minutes both ways for a Ridgerider while on holiday down in Cornwall.
-Opted to spend almost two hours less at Fantasy Island to cred-run Botton's Pleasure Beach - 90 of those minutes was waiting for the park to open. All that and Rockin Roller spited.
-Made a 15 minute drive both ways to St. Nicholas' Park to ride an SBF double helix (at least the park has a mini golf course which actually makes it more worth it).
-Went to Legoland Windsor.
-Travelled two hours to ride a single Wacky Worm once then leave almost immediately after.
-Travelled around 90 minutes to get on an oval coaster and a single helix coaster (at least the other flat rides in this funfair were absolutely awesome).

Here is my 'credsheet' from #100 to #120. Check the rightmost column and you'll see just how littered with tiny coasters my list is.
View attachment 16523

I apologise, @rob666 . :)
Apology accepted, but it doesn't make you any less weird!
Shame on all you group "A"ers, hang your heads in the naughty corner.
I waited a decade for my mates to breed, just so I could ride the Antelope.
I had to wait at Gulliver's reception to be collected by my "family group".
It was not worth the effort.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Apology accepted, but it doesn't make you any less weird!
Shame on all you group "A"ers, hang your heads in the naughty corner.
I waited a decade for my mates to breed, just so I could ride the Antelope.
I had to wait at Gulliver's reception to be collected by my "family group".
It was not worth the effort.
To be fair the trips for kiddies are an absolutely monumental amount of faff. I don't blame the one's who don't see it as worth the (or any) effort!

Hutch

Strata Poster
FWIW, @Hutch is guilty of some healthy goading while we were at Funspots in November, egging me on to rip off the bandaid and pick up the creds. :p
Lol did I actually peer pressure you? I remember you wandering off with a couple others to nab the kiddie coaster while I hung around drinking underneath Freedom Flyer.

Now that you mention it, I DID actually ride the Kissimmee kiddie cred by myself... even though I had split off from the group, at least it was a zen ride and no families were in the vicinity.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Lol did I actually peer pressure you? I remember you wandering off with a couple others to nab the kiddie coaster while I hung around drinking underneath Freedom Flyer.

Now that you mention it, I DID actually ride the Kissimmee kiddie cred by myself... even though I had split off from the group, at least it was a zen ride and no families were in the vicinity.
"Oh wait, am I the bad guy?" ;)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
There have been times where I've got out of my way for a ****ty +1. Like the one at Funworld near Boston. I was bored, no plans for the evening and the cred was just over an hour away. No bother.
Or Python's pit in Kansas City.

20180605_140624.jpg

We were in town for Worlds of Fun and had a spare evening the night before, 20 min drive. No brainer.

Most of my kiddy creds are done as a larger group though, or is in a larger park and I've snagged the little one as well. So I'm a B tbh, I won't drive hours just for a small cred regularly.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Over the past five of six years, I’ve gone from A to C. When my coaster count used to matter to me, I’d travel the end of the country to grab a Caterpillar +1. The more I I travelled or visited bigger parks and experienced quality creds, the less concerned I became about my count. Nowadays it’s quality over quantity. That’s not to say I’d turn down a kiddy cred if it’s there and I’m with a group of like minded goons, I just wouldn’t go out of my way and wouldn’t think twice about forfeiting going through an fibreglass apple for the *1 for an extra go on something more substantial.

SeanC

Mega Poster
I said D, but I don't have kids at the moment. If there's no line or a very small line behind you, I don't see the harm in it. That said, if you're not a child or parent and making them wait behind you... I'd personally feel guilty about holding them up given the enjoyment I'd get from that type of ride is much less than what they probably would.

nCalCoasterRider

Roller Poster
I have a 4 year old, so I go out of my way to make sure we get on any "restricted" credits now, you know... for his sake... plus lil dude likes the coasters.

OTOH my 13 year old bribed the 4 year old with ice cream to go again so that the 13yo and his friend could get the credit on Lucy's Crabbie Cabbies at CGA.