What's new

What is the best relocated coaster operating today?

Sandman

Giga Poster
Simple question - what's the best relocated coaster (in your opinion) still operating today?

Answers based on the relocation version only, no original version(s).

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
There doesn't appear to be a way to filter relocations on RCDB, sadly, but Monster at Walygator is the best one I can think of off the top of my head, loved how stupidly intense that thing was.

I'm also a huge fan of Freestyle at Cavallino Matto for similar reasons. Treasure those Togo stand-ups.

Interestingly both clones, made them easier to move I guess.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
The best one that I've been on, is Dominator. Lovely coaster, it is.
But whether it's the best relocated coaster operating today, is a different matter. Probably not tbh.

Edit: can I change my answer to Monster instead like he said? ^
Forgot about that one...

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Cannonball Express & Infusion are my current highest ranking non-travelling coasters that have been relocated. Cannonball did initially travel but quite obviously doesn't anymore...!

Heth

Mega Poster
Now that I think about it I think I've never actually been on a relocated coaster.

The only exception would be Flying Fish at Thorpe Park, which has only been relocated within the park itself.

TilenB

Strata Poster
From what I've ridden, probably Wild Mouse at Luna Park Sydney. It moved around a fair bit before settling down in its current location in 1995. Wooden Wild Mice are incredibly enjoyable and it's such a shame that there's only 3 left, all of them pretty far from Europe (sadly Aussie World's closed a few months before I was in the area).

Indy

Hyper Poster
I think I have to go with Phoenix, though Dominator and Luna Park Sydney's Wild Mouse are up there.

If it was still operating, then I'd say Quimera. We'll see how it rides at Indiana Beach though.

Changa

Mega Poster
Now that I think about it I think I've never actually been on a relocated coaster.

The only exception would be Flying Fish at Thorpe Park, which has only been relocated within the park itself.
So you've only ridden the undeniably best relocated coaster?

lydian

Roller Poster
Out of the ones I've ridden it's either Green Lantern @ Great Adventure, or Katapul @ Hopi Hari. I think I personally slightly prefer Green Lantern from what I remember, it feels more complete, and the Stand Up position didn't really impact me. Dunno if I can comment on the best overall relocated coaster currently operating.