What's new

What are your thoughts on going backwards on coasters?

What are your thoughts on going backwards on coasters?

• Total voters

zen

Roller Poster
You've got two shuttle coasters at SFMM, and didn't both Colossus and Batman run backwards at one point? No first hand experience to draw on?
Nope :< Ive been on superman but never in the front row and it was just straight track so its pretty bland ive also only ridden it facing forwards.

zen

Roller Poster
Or there's Deja Vu of old.
Or there's Deja Vu of old.
Deja vu looked like such a great coaster and I really liked the drop tower aspect and not only that you got to do it twice forwards and backwards.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Ive never gotten a chance to ride a coaster backwards whats it like?
Bloody horrible!
Never liked boomerangs, Revolution makes me sick/dizzy every time, but I still go on because, you know, weirdo happy clapper sad coaster freak.
Can ride Nemesis all day, but once on Rev is always enough.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
My first backwards coaster was The Missile at American Adventure… A Boomerang… But the same park later added the Soquet Twin Looper now located at Legendia, Katowice, under the guise of the ‘Iron Wolf’ (who remembers gladiators? 🙈😂) It had a backwards row which was always my favourite… I was pleased to find it still had the same train and thus backwards row when riding it in Poland, a nice moment of nostalgia…

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I don't usually have a strong opinion on backwards rides. They're just alright. Sometimes nice to experience an old ride in a new way like they did with Swarm.

However as a lover of high intensity rides I rode Mindbender backwards in Edmonton a few years back and dear god it was... Well mindbending.

I had to sitdown for a good 10mins after that. Before getting straight back on for another lap.
Mindbender is a great ride forwards but in the back of the train facing backwards it was another level. Straight to the group of top ranked rides in my very nebulous list.