What's new

What and where will you build a new coaster?

dominoes

Mega Poster
I would love to see something like Maverick in England, maybe with a horror theme, and a SECRET revolutionary section. Think Th13teen type, just alot more cool...

NejiHyuga900

Roller Poster
There is a swamp around where I live. I could have someone to landscape it for me, and put in a floorless coaster. Question is right now, where could I get the money for someone to slave for me?

Mr. X

Roller Poster
Intamin woodie at Six Flags Great America so I don't have to travel too far to experience one.

EDIT: D'oh, didn't see that person necroposted.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Anything big and good near me will be brilliant (prefrably at a whole new park as Tir Prince Doesn't have the space and Greenwood is the kind of park for Big B&Ms to be found in).

Jools

Giga Poster
Coaster-Fiend said:
coasterchris93 said:
it will be a slightly tamer experience compared to Baco and Khan.

What are your opinions?

I don't like tame rides.
I like gut wrenching intensity.

A tamer ride at PA would be a waste of space.

I'd like to see a new B&M concept at Alton.
I guess that would be my ultimate new coaster, if I could have anything.

I didn't find Baco intense at all, I have to admit I was quite disapointed even if I did ride it 8 times but to be fair I did have an unlimited fast pass, anyway I also think PortAventura needed something else, I did everything so quick and mulitple times, but as I said I had an unlimited fast pass, and I did like El Diablo actually, but I still feel it needs something like a Dive Machine (even with Hurakan Condor) or some other type of looping steel coaster, like suggested, an inverted coaster would be good too, but what I think would be best is a eurofighter... I joke obviously, a Gigacoaster would be best! It would look great on the skyline as you enter the park too!

andrus

Giga Poster
Old topic but I haven't answered before so I'll give it a try!

I think that Liseberg desperately needs an intense coaster (or maybe not so "desperately" anymore after the opening of atmosfear). The park still hasn't added an equally forceful coaster since the removal of Hang Over :( I believe that a compact B&M invert would suit the park perfect! Maybe we will see one when the park expands in the near future?

I would also add an aitmie machine to Port Aventura! My favourite park that already has an impressive ride portfolio with a mega looper, europe's fastest launcher and an out of control woodie. The only thing I miss is a ride that provide some airtime! :)

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
I would remove Deja Vu from Magic Mountain and build a new B & M dive machine in it's place then buy the hill behind the park and build a B & M wingrider on it.

A

Anonymous

^^ There are rumours about a new coaster for next year (to Liseberg I mean)...

Back on topic, again about parks in Sweden
Skara Sommarland desperately need something big with an impact, sure Tranan delivered something but it's still pretty small and the other coaster is a power coaster so there is a lot to desire. A large GCI would fit perfectly in the park, they are great to look at and give a thrilling ride to almost everyone. The park have a lot of potential, it's already a large vacation resort with loads of visitors (for a Swedish countryside park). They have a large amount of land to their disposal and very few restrictions they have to consider. If they were to increase their focus on day-trippers (make it easier to get there with public transport, like shuttle buses from Skövde which have a good rail connection with Gothenburg and Stockholm) then they could increase the number of visitors they get each day. But to do that they need a big signature ride to advertise across the nation...

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Throw out Log Flume and Action Theater (@KD) and put up a sexy new Gravity Group or GCI woodie! We need a decent woodie with Airtime as our next coaster or I am going to be sorely disappointed... Although, I'll settle for a Deja Vu like Shuttle if they put it there :D

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Ahem.

It's a queue sponge. I get the credit, and enjoy more rides on Dominator :D

Besides, I'm sick of the weak little Flume that we have :p

Jools

Giga Poster
Coastermaniac94 said:
thorpe park get rid of x no way out and replace it with a partly indoor Intamin launched inverted coaster, that would be sick :L

That makes sense, in my opinion Saw was like Colossus mixed with Stealth, so why not combine Nemesis and Stealth :p

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
Jools said:
Coastermaniac94 said:
thorpe park get rid of x no way out and replace it with a partly indoor Intamin launched inverted coaster, that would be sick :L

That makes sense, in my opinion Saw was like Colossus mixed with Stealth, so why not combine Nemesis and Stealth :p
would be good but its not going to happen.... actually what about a premier rides indoor coaster like revenge of the mummy, that would be expensive though at around about 20-25 million

Lofty

CF Legend
To be totally fair, Thorpe COULD, take out X and add one of Intamin's Indoor launch coasters. Like Galaxy Express. There's EASILY enough room...

A

Anonymous

^ Galaxy Express <3 <3
That would be beyond awesome if they did :)

s15c

Mega Poster
I'm near Hershey, so I say Hershey needs improvement. But honestly, they've got Fahrenheit and Storm Runner, which are both pretty hardcore, but they need a hypercoaster. Hopefully B&M, but one of the Intamin Superman-look alikes would do. Maybe even something like Goliath (the one in Holland). Because Hershey is one coaster away from being a serious thrill park. They're almost... but not quite. I think that would fit in well there.

Lofty

CF Legend
just thought of another. Blackpool could EASILY go with either an X-Car or a Spinner. It'd suit that park down to a T.

Lofty

CF Legend
To add to their 4 already? ;)

If they got a new one. I'd LOVE them to get a Balder-esque Intamin Woody <3