What's new

What and where will you build a new coaster?

Kebab

Giga Poster
I was thinking about this earlier and really thought personally about what and where would I build a new coaster :?

This is what I would do...
Welcome to PortAventura.

Trash this: http://www.rcdb.com/ig762.htm?picture=3
Why? - Takes up a lot of room; isn't very popular; very uninteresting ride.

With a ride on the scale of this: http://www.rcdb.com/ig3117.htm?picture=52
Why? - It will suit the park; suits the mexican/mayan theme; it will be a slightly tamer experience compared to Baco and Khan.

What are your opinions?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
*Tries to resist throwing in TusenFryd ideas that will never work*

DISCLAIMER:
This post is not in any way meant to be a serious or likely proposal to any park; operating, closed or under construction/planning, not meant as advertising or lobbying for any park; operating, closed or under construction/planning, nor meant as advertising or lobbying for any coaster or themeing manufacturer. The ideas mentioned here are made purely for entertainment, not meant to be serious or accurate predictions of what will or will not happen in any forseeable future. Any typographical or spelling mistakes are not intended, unless otherwise is stated. The opinions listed here is entirely my own, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of CF and/or any of its members. Any brand or trademark names mentioned, intentional or not, are merely meant as examples, not advertising for any company.

Now, the "UC barrier" is in place. Time to throw in wild ideas:

Kristiansand Dyrepark is a zoo near Kristiansand, Norway. It's one of the most visited attractions in Norway, and a destination for families from all over the country. They already have a log flume, a bobsled course and a KMG Afterburner, and I think a small coaster would fit there too. Either a Mine Train or a GCI woodie, preferably the latter, but a Mine Train would be more likely.

France could get something major. Now. Let's see a B&M Invert on the scale of Afterburn, please.

Greece is a major tourist country, but has no coasters bigger than kiddies and wild mice. Island Greece isn't quite the place for parks, as tourists tend to stay on one island, and the park wouldn't draw visitors from anywhere outside the location island, but Thessaloniki or Athens could do well with a park of some sort. They shouldn't theme it to ancient times, as it may be too "touristy", and may damage the country's cultural-historical reputation, but anything green and generic would be nice.

I've always like the idea of throwing some millions at the parks in Malaysia and see what they could do. As far as I know, Malaysia is a tourist country for the region, but I'm not quite sure.

More to come...

Sam

Giga Poster
I would build a fackin sick 1 in me garden innit.

DISCLAIMER:

This post does not directly relate nor necessarily conform to the views of any member, (managerial or otherwise involved) member of Coasterforce or any of its associates. The ideas expressed above, although scientific and carefully thought out are an individual expression, and although such thoughts are likely to be shared globally they are copyrighted and therefore it is an offence to use them in actual theory (including planning), to link to them or to use them in any source of plagiarism. Any act of the preceding is an offence and is punishable by law. Anyone with information of such activity should report it to the POOF (protection of original fallacies). The facts expressed are confidential and must not be shared or copied to any other website. The ideas expressed are intended to provoke excitement and entertainment, they are in no way meant to be offensive nor followed up. You are in no way shape or form bound by the ideas nor are required to comment, appreciate or criticise the effects of, or the content of the above ideas. You are welcome however to construct a report on the matter, to do so please send a Stamped addressed envelope to: 21 Phalluce Street, Labiaville, Engand, D0Y LE. Letters will typically be responded to within 12-16 weeks though may take longer. The writers and developers of the above concept hold no responsibilty to reply (in the printed time stated or not at all) to any received letters and any replies that are sent are entirely at their personal discretion.

How about they build more parks in Canada? For being the fricken' second biggest country in the world and having like two really large scale parks, that is pretty damn sad. I'd love for them to bring Boblo back, but that won't happen.

So yeah, anywhere in Canada, preferable near me because I am greedy like that.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Pokemaniac said:
Now, the "UC barrier" is in place.
Sam said:
I would build a fackin sick 1 in me garden innit.

DISCLAIMER:Bla bla bla...
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. I needed that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

10ryansmith

Roller Poster
Add something like Thunderhead to Hoilday World because it would fit in so well.
Dollywood needs to get something alone the lines of Maverik and Farenhiet (sp?) because it would fit so well as well.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
coasterchris93 said:
it will be a slightly tamer experience compared to Baco and Khan.

What are your opinions?

I don't like tame rides.
I like gut wrenching intensity.

A tamer ride at PA would be a waste of space.

I'd like to see a new B&M concept at Alton.
I guess that would be my ultimate new coaster, if I could have anything.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm.... Busch Gardens Africa is in need of a Hyper. Well, I think they can do fine without, and it's not like they are going bankrupt because of it, but it would be nice. And to relieve some of the stress B&M must live under, I think they should go for Intamin (poor excuse, I know). Any large-scale Intamin Hyper would be nice anywhere, BGA is simply one of the parks lacking one. A jungle-themed Terracoaster would be awesome too, but then again, not likely to happen.

Alton could do well with... wait a second, none of this is feasible. Until the Ropers kick the bucket, steel price drops dramatically and a county revolution forces the locals to accept a higher ceiling on AT, it will literally be a restrained hole.

And TusenFryd... well, keywords are "B&M Flyer" and "unlikely".

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I would build as many as I could at SFGAdv simply because it's my local park. I could care less about if they needed them or what kind (just no duplicates or all kiddie coasters) as long as there's the space (which they have in abundance) and it would decrease the wait times.
I guess I'm just a greedy
icon_censored.gif
! :p

Snoo

The Legend
Cedar Point needs something with AIRTIME.

JESUS GIVE ME SOMETHING WITH DAMN AIRTIME!!!!!!

Patrick

Hyper Poster
I'd remove the Buffalo Coaster at Drayton Manor, and I'd build an Intamin WingRider with a launch over the lake. The ride would make use of the terrain and there would be some decent footchoppers.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Patrick said:
I'd remove the Buffalo Coaster at Drayton Manor, and I'd build an Intamin WingRider with a launch over the lake. The ride would make use of the terrain and there would be some decent footchoppers.

I'd then take out the Wingrider and replace it with something good - like a powered buffalo coaster ;)

Mike

Giga Poster
I reckon they should build a new B&M Hyper in Thorpe Park, a new B&M Flyer in Thorpe Park, a new CCI Wooden coaster (must be built on the side of a big hill) in Thorpe Park and a Phoenix clone in Thorpe Park.

Might actually make Thorpe Park worth going to then.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... time to throw in more wild ideas. Mike, your ideas aren't that bad, and give Thorpe some time (six or seven millennia should do) and it's reality before you know it.

Now well, looking at an air photo of Thorpe, I see that they have some slide things that occupy a lot of space. Smash down X:/NWO and put an attraction for the same age group in there. Then, build a Mega-Lite on the previous slide site.

Six Flags Over Georgia could do with a Dive Machine, the size of SheiKra. Let Six Flags sort out the money, and that Busch contract expire, then wait and see.

Following the success of Diamondback, Kings Island should put in an Invert. They have a pretty big roof to work with, so if money and space allows it, something the size of Alpengeist should be possible. Then again, I guess money and space are the only hindrances for Flamingo Amusement Park to build an Intamin Stratacoaster too.

Six Flags Magic Mountain could have use for a new skyline addition. An Intamin Impulse could do well. However, I could see an MS Spinner go in there too, to cater for families.

Everland is one of the most visited parks on Earth. And they don't have any steel Hypercoasters. They have also gotten a ride from Intamin this year, that has been praised to the skies. See where I'm going? (correct answer: Heading for cloud nine)

Now, Fuji-Q Highland in Japan is a great park with confidence (see Eejanaika, after looking at X's history) and money (look at the records they've beaten). They have so far no woodies, but their Korean buddies have had international success with theirs (at least, on an enthusiast scale). That company could sure provide another ride?

And just to give TusenFryd some competition, any Norwegian park should build a coaster with inversions (Not looking at Grizzly, wherever that one came from and went to).

Error

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
JESUS GIVE ME SOMETHING WITH DAMN AIRTIME!!!!!!

Jesus is a coaster enthusiast? Sweet.

*Lights match to Mean Streak*

*Replaces with GG coaster*

My post here is done.

Kevin26

Roller Poster
Wild Thing of Wild Waves is good. But I'd also build more on that and add faster rides.

Something similar like Millennium Force, Mantis or Maverick.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
OK kiddies, let's let sleeping corpses lie. :wink: