What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Wierd, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

^They also built a River Caves if I remember correctly and I think the trains on that Cycloneclone were from the old Morecambe woody.

Temleh

Mega Poster

Unlike the now defunct Southport original, this Cyclone does not have a wonky chain lift. ;)

Xpress

Strata Poster

s15c said:
Has anyone mentioned The Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain yet? That ride was another one that was just made for the topic.
LoCoSuMo01.jpg

[Picture fixed - Hixee]
1627568122_562f39dbd2.jpg

You may have fixed the first picture, Hixee, but my battle to embed a photo has been won with the picture of the trains :D Thank Minecraft for my new understanding of stuff like that.

LCOSM!!!! <3

Thekingin64 said:
^Picture isn't working

EDIT: To avoid double posting here's a POV of Big Boom Roller Coaster in Japan with two things I find weird in it. The Shallow slope into the lift hill and the brakes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyf5khErm8g&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/youtube]

Another prime example of chinese ingenuity and recycling of old tires.

But seriously, WTF goes through their minds??

tks

Strata Poster

^ He's American therefore it's just "that place where slitty eyed people live". :p

s15c

Mega Poster

And, you know, that Green Lantern at Six Flags Magic Mountain is definitely weird. I couldn't find any good photos of it, but I expect it's well known.

And the last one I can think of, Flashback-
Flashback.jpg

Too bad it's gone, I would've liked to see that one. Especially since it was made by Intamin when they were with B&M. And for a dose of irony- B&M worked on the coaster, and it was removed from Illinois to make room for Iron Wolf. Freaky coincidence.

madhjsp

Giga Poster

s15c said:
And, you know, that Green Lantern at Six Flags Magic Mountain is definitely weird. I couldn't find any good photos of it, but I expect it's well known.

RCDB son.
cb17iabo002h4hvu9plp2a.jpg

s15c

Mega Poster

Thanks. But I wouldn't ever look at that and think "Ooh look a cool coaster!" It's more a "WTF."

Xpress

Strata Poster

tks said:
^ He's American therefore it's just "that place where slitty eyed people live". :p

Now because my dads half of the family is Japanese, I take high offence to that. That means, you guessed it, I am partially asian.

Dave

CF Legend

Xpress said:
tks said:

Now because my dads half of the family is Japanese, I take high offence to that. That means, you guessed it, I am partially asian.

Clearly not heard of Prince Phillip, nor the quote about people of Hong Kong.

Lucy

Hyper Poster

I went on Insane last week and it's definately one of those weird coasters but it was great! :D

Ben

CF Legend

Someone in 2009 in Indonesia built what is apparently a new Wooden Wild Mouse...

http://rcdb.com/9953.htm

Those crazy slitty-eyed, soy sauce guzzling Asians, what will they do next?

s15c

Mega Poster

That looks a lot like Viper from SFGAdv. The trains on that one are slightly scarier, though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^It was touch and go for minute, but we think it will pull through.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

It looks like something from a Saw movie... :?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

That thing is definitely wacky. :lol: